What the hell is rock chalk?

BULLSHTR

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Huh?  Hearing it doesn't tell you what it means.  They told you what it means...

Thanks for the info, Kansas fans.  You guys are the classiest fan base I've ever seen.  It's hard to judge a fan base on just a few posters from every school, but it's still kinda weird how generally respectful you guys are.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  40

Thanks for the info, Kansas fans.  You guys are the classiest fan base I've ever seen.  It's hard to judge a fan base on just a few posters from every school, but it's still kinda weird how generally respectful you guys are.

We're not all perfect, but a good number of us have endured some hard years for KU football. We know what it's like to lose, be average, and win at a high level while getting absolutely no respect. We have two rival fan bases that hate us with a passion (because we've had more success than them in nearly every sport). We play in a conference with three historical powerhouses and their arrogant fans. I think all of that has numbed us a bit.

But I'll still talk a little trash when I'm down there on Friday.  >:D

• Content Count:  4,642

SUCK CAULK JAY HAWK!!!!

• Content Count:  4,642

sorry.  had to get in some immature words ;)

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

That has to be the worst chant i have ever heard.

• Content Count:  7,890

That has to be the worst chant i have ever heard.

And the best is

[move]S-O-U-T-H  F-L-O-R-I-D-A South Florida, South Florida  GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BULLS.[/move]

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  5

Huh?  Hearing it doesn't tell you what it means.  They told you what it means...

The words to the chant are simple. "Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU" repeated five times. The chant is special not because of the words, but because of the tone in which it is chanted and the distinctive cadence in which each verse is delivered. The only way to really appreciate the chant is to sit in Allen Fieldhouse before a Missouri game. But, if in need of a fix, the links below should recall the rocking rafters of Phog's place.

http://www.rockchalk.com/john/john/rock.html

I'm glad you read the links...

• Content Count:  2,307

I think that's actually a pretty awesome chant.  Very different from anything else out there.

• Content Count:  33

It's a chant that you have to hear in person and in a large crowd to really appreciate.  It's a very eerie chant of sorts.  It's a chant that if you hear it during a game you know the Jayhawks have already won since it is only chanted in the closing minutes of victory.  A few years ago during basketball season a player from Colorado had said some things about KU's Basketball team in the paper and how he didn't like KU's students.  Well in the same tone as the rock chalk chant he was met with "Harrison..." over and over and he eventually fouled out with one of his worst performances ever and on the way out of the game he got into it with some KU fans because he couldn't handle it anymore. 

You might hear it this weekend from a limited number of KU fans but if you ever really want to hear it at it's best I suggest you make a visit to Allen Fieldhouse during Basketball season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,318
  • Days Won:  11

It's sure as hell a lot better known by their fans and more recognizable than any chant we have. Shoot, our fans can't even get the basic college cheers down pat.

Archived