Expected attendance for USF-KU

Cow Pie

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Sad.....

Call it what you want or call it being spoiled from last year but if we can't sell this game out, it is sad

:satan :furious :satan :furious

Had this game been on Thrusday we would have drawn 50K.  Had this game been on Saturday afternoon we would have drawn 60K.  Had this game been on Saturday Night we would have sold out.

I say we get a good 60K for Friday Night game b/c it is late 8pm and very nice weather is expected; around 71 at night.

I guess we are still too youthful of a program that time, day and weather should dictate us selling out what should be our most competitive home opponent of the year.  Maybe I have a bad take on it but I want/expect this program to be big time and if we can't sell out a 65k seat stadium I find myself less than impressed.

Oh, well.

Last year, we had the largest increase in average season attendance than ANYBODY else in college footballl, by MORE than 10,000 over the next closest school. We aren't going to do that every year.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,170
  • Days Won:  29

The casual fan in Tampa just simply is not informed, and that's the bottom line. Who's fault that is is the debate.

Yours !  ;D

When I started at my new job, not many are American Football fans - they are mainly Irish futbol fans ... now they ALL now about USF Football.

I preach it and wear it constantly !

When I talk about the BULLS, most comment that it's like watching a Press Conference.

We have 2 Papers that do a great job of promoting USF Football.

Proof in the increase in season ticket holders and our overall attendance numbers. Look how many tix were sold for UT-Martin, just imagine if the weather was nice  :o

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  243
  • Days Won:  0

Btown ... you have to look at it reasonably.

I was upset from Season One to just 2 seasons ago. Where did those 49K fans go? And we kept graduating fans ...  ???

But last season, we saw a HUGE jump in attendance that NOBODY would have predicted. We are continueing that increase this season. VERY soon we'll have SellOuts for our 1AA openers. And then we can expect MORE 7 Home Game Seasons.

Our season ticket base is 27-28K and if we have a season as we did last season, expect us to get closer to 35K.

REJOICE !!!

BUT ALWAYS EXPECT MORE !!!

I'm impatient

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

The casual fan in Tampa just simply is not informed, and that's the bottom line. Who's fault that is is the debate.

Yours !  ;D

[glow=red,2,300]Agreed! (as far as those you work with)[/glow]

When I started at my new job, not many are American Football fans - they are mainly Irish futbol fans ... now they ALL now about USF Football.

[glow=red,2,300]Ditto![/glow]

When I talk about the BULLS, most comment that it's like watching a Press Conference.

[glow=red,2,300]Think they could have and should have done more, especially this week! IMO[/glow]

Proof in the increase in season ticket holders and our overall attendance numbers. Look how many tix were sold for UT-Martin, just imagine if the weather was nice  :o

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  3,827

Yours !  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

I realize you were talking about the "collective you", but just so you know, I do my part.

It's just disheartening to know that those of us who are on the wagon are the only ones in the area that give a ****. People ask you the courtesy questions "They play in the Big East, right?" or "They play in the Bucs stadium, dont they?" or "They got that good quarterback...what's his name?".....and then you get into the conversation and they start looking at you with that blank stare and you ask: "Who do you root for?" and the answer is  "Oh, I'm a Gator/Nole/Irish/Buckeye/Wolverine/Bulldog/Canes/Volunteers/Auburn/Bama/Sooner fan....but I root for USF too........."

Is there anything worse than that answer? I mean really.

Sorry, I'm rambling now......but it's just frustrating.

Look, I work with people from all social classes, all races, and both genders. I'd like to think that it's a decent microcosm of society, and just going by that small sample, they just simply are not informed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,170
  • Days Won:  29

And it is our job to help educate these casual fans ... they are the perfect target for casual fans. They will come to some games, watch the BULLS on TV and BUY merchandise ... and VISIT thebullspen.com.

• Content Count:  1,386

In 2007 USF averaged 53,170 fans at home games.

If 58,283 fans show up for Kansas, then USF will be averaging more than 53,170 for this year.

Season  Average  Division

2007 -> 53,170 Big East

2006 -> 30,222 Big East

2005 -> 38,865 Big East

2004 -> 27,060 C-USA

2003 -> 30,512 C-USA

2002 -> 26,804 I-A

2001 -> 25,820 I-A

2000 -> 26,414 I-AA

1999 -> 25,053 I-AA

1998 -> 27,143 I-AA

1997 -> 33,039 I-AA

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  136

62,541 predicted attendance

• Content Count:  1,386

Yours !  ;D

Go BULLS !!!

I realize you were talking about the "collective you", but just so you know, I do my part.

It's just disheartening to know that those of us who are on the wagon are the only ones in the area that give a ****. People ask you the courtesy questions "They play in the Big East, right?" or "They play in the Bucs stadium, dont they?" or "They got that good quarterback...what's his name?".....and then you get into the conversation and they start looking at you with that blank stare and you ask: "Who do you root for?" and the answer is  "Oh, I'm a Gator/Nole/Irish/Buckeye/Wolverine/Bulldog/Canes/Volunteers/Auburn/Bama/Sooner fan....but I root for USF too........."

Is there anything worse than that answer? I mean really.

Sorry, I'm rambling now......but it's just frustrating.

Look, I work with people from all social classes, all races, and both genders. I'd like to think that it's a decent microcosm of society, and just going by that small sample, they just simply are not informed.

I have not attended any university, so for years I didn't have just one school to root for on college gamedays. In 1997, I was rooting for FSU, UF, Miami, UCiF and USF. When the big three played each other I usually rooted for the underdog. I found the old, old board in the first few seasons (I forget exactly when I started posting, but it was during the early I-AA years for sure.) UCiFers here quickly soured me on their little institution in my first few days on the old board. As USF grew in I-AA, I lost interest in the big three and my interest in the Footbulls expanded. Now I want to see USF dominate and the rest of the schools in Florida under USF's hoof. ;) I know it's a big dream, but all dreams should be BIG. :)

Give it time. My dad retired from the Army in 1977, so I wasn't raised as a Gator or Nole or Hurricane, but we rooted for all the Florida schools. As USF started Football I followed the home team closer than the others and that passion grew. Give the Bulls time for the fans to grow into a faithful base. FSU and Miami were relative newbies to football when USF started football and they had been playing for decades. USF has only had one decade to grow fans. These things take time. Just look at the other schools in the Big East.

USF was founded in 1956 and started playing football in 1997.

UConn was founded in 1881 and started playing football in 1896.

Syracuse was founded in 1870 and started playing football in 1889.

W. Virginia was founded in 1867 and started playing football in 1891.

Cincinnati was founded in 1819 and started playing football in 1885.

Louisville was founded in 1798 and started playing football in 1912.

Pitt was founded in 1787 and started playing football in 1890.

Rutgers was founded in 1766 and started playing football in 1869.

So the youngest BE school, other than USF, is 127 years old to USF's 52 years.

The youngest BE football program, other than USF, is 96 years old to USF's 12 years.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Archived