AMEN!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,037
  • Days Won:  29

My prediction is an announced crowd of 60,371.  ;)

I think we will hit 60k as well.

Agree ... and glad that Game One has finally dropped outta the Top 5.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

Sad.....

Call it what you want or call it being spoiled from last year but if we can't sell this game out, it is sad

:satan :furious :satan :furious

leavitt and program have failed to reach out to community

this game should have been sold out months ago

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

It seems like so much of the local support that we were riding last year has not followed us into this year (yet)... maybe after we take a victory from KU tomorrow, we will win back the local fan support from the "casual fan" we enjoyed last year..

atleast I hope so...

Nation

I don't think it's changed much if at all.

There is probably a base of about 55,000 USF fans who went to some games last year and it seems to be about the same now.

Remember there were about 10,000 WVU and UCF fans that went to those games.

Considering that we were only drawing 30,000 the year before, it's a bit much to expect that USF by itself is going to sellout Raymond James when even the BUCS didn't do that last weekend.

You mean haven't sold out this weekends game as of yet. They were away last weekend.

Thanks.

I knew they had lost and heard they hadn't sold out. Thought that was last week.

• Content Count:  1,457
  • Days Won:  0

Sad.....

Call it what you want or call it being spoiled from last year but if we can't sell this game out, it is sad

Had this game been on Thrusday we would have drawn 50K.  Had this game been on Saturday afternoon we would have drawn 60K.  Had this game been on Saturday Night we would have sold out.

I say we get a good 60K for Friday Night game b/c it is late 8pm and very nice weather is expected; around 71 at night.

leavitt and program have failed to reach out to community

Aaaaagain, sMAZZA points out how little he knows.

• Content Count:  1,457

It seems like so much of the local support that we were riding last year has not followed us into this year (yet)... maybe after we take a victory from KU tomorrow, we will win back the local fan support from the "casual fan" we enjoyed last year..

atleast I hope so...

Nation

There is a good point here.  Since 2003 the attendance stats have really spiked upwards.  It is such a delight to see it happen before our eyes.  We had great crowds last year, Lville was booming, Cincy was very Loud and WVA and UCF were sellouts.

I don't think it's changed much if at all.

There is probably a base of about 55,000 USF fans who went to some games last year and it seems to be about the same now.

Remember there were about 10,000 WVU and UCF fans that went to those games.

Considering that we were only drawing 30,000 the year before, it's a bit much to expect that USF by itself is going to sellout Raymond James when even the BUCS didn't do that last weekend.

You mean haven't sold out this weekends game as of yet. They were away last weekend.

Thanks.

I knew they had lost and heard they hadn't sold out. Thought that was last week.

• Content Count:  242

Sad.....

Had this game been on Thrusday we would have drawn 50K.  Had this game been on Saturday afternoon we would have drawn 60K.  Had this game been on Saturday Night we would have sold out.

I say we get a good 60K for Friday Night game b/c it is late 8pm and very nice weather is expected; around 71 at night.

I guess we are still too youthful of a program that time, day and weather should dictate us selling out what should be our most competitive home opponent of the year.  Maybe I have a bad take on it but I want/expect this program to be big time and if we can't sell out a 65k seat stadium I find myself less than impressed.

• Content Count:  3,827

I disagree.

This game has been hyped up among the USF fanbase, but not outside of it. I work at a very diverse place of business(UPS), and I cannot count the number of people who saw me wearing my USF gear on monday and tuesday who asked me "good game on saturday, do they play this week?"......"oh yeah, who do they play?"....

I'm blown away at how little the casual fan knows about USF athletics, to be honest. I find myself answering very...very basic questions when it comes to the football team. This game should have been marked on the calender for everyone in the area, but instead I'm answering questions like: "Are yall gonna be ranked if you win?"

The casual fan in Tampa just simply is not informed, and that's the bottom line. Who's fault that is is the debate.

Btown ... you have to look at it reasonably.

I was upset from Season One to just 2 seasons ago. Where did those 49K fans go? And we kept graduating fans ...  ???

But last season, we saw a HUGE jump in attendance that NOBODY would have predicted. We are continueing that increase this season. VERY soon we'll have SellOuts for our 1AA openers. And then we can expect MORE 7 Home Game Seasons.

Our season ticket base is 27-28K and if we have a season as we did last season, expect us to get closer to 35K.

REJOICE !!!

BUT ALWAYS EXPECT MORE !!!

Archived