Alvarado...

RicanBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

If he is (and right now, I hope that's a really really big IF).. but IF he is, I can pretty much assure you it won't do much for his confidence to have 50K Bulls fans telling him he sucks.

Do you think it's possible... just maybe possible... that regardless of who starts at kicker, we could show him some support instead of screaming "youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! on every field goal attempt?

Just saying...

After Auburn last year, when Alvorado would make a field goal it seemed like the crowd was louder than normal in his support. He is a great punter, but I have lost all confidence in him coming in as a place kicker.

I don't yell you suck when Delbert misses, but a usual DAMNIT is known to come out of my mouth (but not inappropriately loud).  It's probably because when everyone around me panics when they see him run on the field I always look at everyone and say, "It's ok, he's got it."  Unfortunately he doesn't "got it."  

I'm still confident when Delbert comes on the field.  Though, I won't be disappointed to see someone else come out.  

Of course, now I'm as nervous about FG kicking as I was about passing back in the Joulmiste era, and will be for a very long time.  I remember the days.  Joulmiste either threw for defensive pass interference, wailed the ball out of bounds, or threw interceptions.  Loved the guy, but our passing game was penalties back then.

That sums it up for me!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  760
  • Days Won:  0

I'm just upset because Jim Leavitt's logic makes no sense.

Last week at Moes he said he wants Teachy to focus on kick-offs and that alone. he doesn't want to put him in at place kicking.

However, Alvarado gets place kicking and punting; two very different types of kicks, obviously. If someone is going to have double duty shouldnt it be Kick-off and place kicking. Atleast thats what I see in the NFL. Maybe with some kickoffs in the game DA can become more comfortable striking the ball and seeing how it flys off his foot that day.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

If he is (and right now, I hope that's a really really big IF).. but IF he is, I can pretty much assure you it won't do much for his confidence to have 50K Bulls fans telling him he sucks.

Do you think it's possible... just maybe possible... that regardless of who starts at kicker, we could show him some support instead of screaming "youuuuuuuuuuuu suuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! on every field goal attempt?

Just saying...

This is the reason I was trying to start the "Let's go Delbert" chant at the UTM game. Whether or not he's our best option is up for debate, but why the hell would you boo one of our players before the play starts?

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Just saying...

This is the reason I was trying to start the "Let's go Delbert" chant at the UTM game. Whether or not he's our best option is up for debate, but why the hell would you boo one of our players before the play starts?

Agreed.  And the little b1tch in front of us that shot him two birds when he missed the 46 yarder was proof that our fans need to watch it.

You don't rag on your own team no matter what.  The coaches make the decisions - rag on THEM.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Those that boo may be booing the coaches. Nevertheless, Delberado still hears it.

Well consider this. I started cheering "Let's go Delbert" when the field goal team came out (the one that ended up blocked) and had some b!tch in front of me turn around and tell me I shouldn't be cheering for him because he sucks. Then, she turns around and starts giving Delbert the finger and booing. All of this before they were even lined up for the field goal. I'm really not buying the whole "they're not booing the players, they're booing the coaches" argument

• Content Count:  645

Yeah, but alvarado misses "easy" ones. I hate alvarado, he gives me chest pains.

hate is a strong word but i really really dont like him

What exactly is it that you don't like about HIM?  Is it his effort?  Is it that he is cocky?  No and No.  Maybe you don't like the results but saying you don't like HIM and that HE sucks is just stupid.

I agree that his results have been "less than stellar", and maybe he should be replaced as the PK, but he is still out there every day trying to help the team.  Give a fellow Bull a break.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

The issue with Delbert reminds me of the old FSU when their kicker(s) kept screwing up key games for them - just an observation.

• Content Count:  4,642

well alvarado is a sick punter and thats what he was brought in for, so you can't really fault him too much.

we brought in a kicker this year and i'm sure we'll see him on the field soon.

Yeah, but alvarado misses "easy" ones. I hate alvarado, he gives me chest pains.

hate is a strong word but i really really dont like him

What exactly is it that you don't like about HIM?  Is it his effort?  Is it that he is cocky?  No and No.  Maybe you don't like the results but saying you don't like HIM and that HE sucks is just stupid.

I agree that his results have been "less than stellar", and maybe he should be replaced as the PK, but he is still out there every day trying to help the team.  Give a fellow Bull a break.

Yeah he is cocky. You obviously have never seen him in person wearing his #25 kicker hat. lol im not joking

Archived