Keith Clanton schedules visit to USF

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Word is from UCF fans that he is going to commit to them. I believe it's more been discussed in the premium rivals board or something. I don't really care anymore about Keith.

Well as I said earlier in this thread the longer things drag out 9/10 times it favors the home state school or the school closes to home. Although Orlando to Tampa...I mean come on we're not talking about Orlando to East Lansing, MI here.

Keith was at their exhibition game last week but I'm sure he has been to a few Knights games in the past. Until he says it nothing is official. I'll hold back what I really want to say until then.

BTW Clanton was also at UCF's opening game against NC A&T. Guess what... the crowd was chanting "we want Keith."

Rumor had it Clanton was suppose to be at USF game against SMU. Did anyboby see him?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

screw this guy already. we have wasted precious recruiting time on this kid who isnt that great anyway. i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

screw this guy already. we have wasted precious recruiting time on this kid who isnt that great anyway. i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

I work with some USF fans and they feel like you do dwowarp, some even stronger. I guess Mr Clanton will make it known around 1pm Wednesday although I suspect it will be leaked before then. It looks like he has what he really wanted and that's the whole stage to himself.

I'm sorry but I don't buy this " I can't make up my mind" routine Mr Clanton has been putting out there. IMO he knew where he was going by the first day of the early period, but with other prospects signing that day Clanton wouldn't have been the center of attention.

• Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Kid chose crappy UCF over crappy USF.  Problem is that USF is in a legit conference and has a better coach.

Maybe USF hoops is as hopeless as Dickie V lets on.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is.

And it is going to take someone quite some time to change that perception.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

GOOD, i'm glad he chose ucf. i don't want this loser anyway

Wait a minute guys... I haven't seen where he has chosen UCF publicly yet. I know that is where he is likely going to end up but let's hear it from his mouth first.

I have a lot to say about this guy but I'm going to hold off until it becomes official one way or the other.

• Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Wait a minute guys... I haven't seen where he has chosen UCF publicly yet. I know that is where he is likely going to end up but let's hear it from his mouth first.

I have a lot to say about this guy but I'm going to hold off until it becomes official one way or the other.

Looking forward to it.

• Content Count:  580
  • Days Won:  0

i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

Kid chose crappy UCF over crappy USF. 

There's an obvious difference between these attitudes (which if they are said here they are said amongst fans at games) and going to a game at UCF and seeing a good crowd and at one point having that crowd chant your name.

Look - we're in C-USA - which while it's a HUGE difference from what we had in the A-Sun, and it has Memphis and some other decent programs - it's no Big East.  If we can drink the kool-aid enough to actually care about our players, our coach and get excited about what they do - so can you in the Big East.  The trick might be to not assume it will make itself happen and get a little grass roots action going - not to mention the focus has to be your students.  It's still a football state and alumni of both schools won't be coming back for hoops in droves to fill up either of our large arenas. 

Those of you who are passionate about recruiting - which you probably are if you are on this forum - should keep this in mind next time you have a recruit visit and get your "rowdy bulls" or whatever your name is over there of the student section to get behind it.

i would expect a recruit to act like this that is deciding between duke or north carolina, but its usf and ucf. make your friggin mind up already

Kid chose crappy UCF over crappy USF. 

There's an obvious difference between these attitudes (which if they are said here they are said amongst fans at games) and going to a game at UCF and seeing a good crowd and at one point having that crowd chant your name.

Look - we're in C-USA - which while it's a HUGE difference from what we had in the A-Sun, and it has Memphis and some other decent programs - it's no Big East.  If we can drink the kool-aid enough to actually care about our players, our coach and get excited about what they do - so can you in the Big East.  The trick might be to not assume it will make itself happen and get a little grass roots action going - not to mention the focus has to be your students.  It's still a football state and alumni of both schools won't be coming back for hoops in droves to fill up either of our large arenas. 

Those of you who are passionate about recruiting - which you probably are if you are on this forum - should keep this in mind next time you have a recruit visit and get your "rowdy bulls" or whatever your name is over there of the student section to get behind it.

Well I'm a recruiting man and what you just wrote had nothing to do with why Clanton chose ucf or USF, Miami, USC, Purdue,  etc... Notice I included those other schools also and the reason why is Clanton didn't want to play against the competition of the ACC, SEC, or Big East. Hey that's ok because not every player has the heart to battle for everything against fierce competition. At ucf Keith will be comfortable playing in an enviroment that no one outside of Orlando notices and there is very minimal pressure.

See I cut my teeth in the SEC where football reigns supreme 12 months a year. Places like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Ole Miss, Miss St, LSU have recruited great and competed at the highest level of basketball all while drawing similar crowds to USF most of the times. There are no chants of a basketball player's name at some of those places. If the kid isn't build like a lineman or some stud OB he almost appears invisible while on his recruiting trips. Yet they still bring in the talent because those young men want to except the challenge of playing in a big time league and help make basketball an option for fans in a football conference.

As I said Keith didn't want to play her because of competition not only in the league but on the team. Gus Gilchrist will be our starting PF and while I think Keith is a good player, he wasn't starting here until that spot came open. Ofcourse we are always looking to bring in good players so who knows. One thing is for sure he'll play more at ucf immediately no doubt about that. He wants things given to him and he has every right to seek the easy road which he did. What pissed off me and other USF fans was him acting like he is Derrick Favors or Renaldo Sidney which he isn't.

AS for USF we wil find some talented warriors this coming spring that wants to be here and wants to help take our program to the next level. We will be fine and I'm sure ucf will be to now that they have their guy.

Archived