Keith Clanton schedules visit to USF

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If the kid thinks he is legit big time talent, he'll choose us.  If he isn't sure... he may stay home.

I like our chances.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Dropping USC is huge.  Vega whats your take on this.

That was huge... coach Horn had proven to be a tough recruiter and had already hurt USF by getting Galloway out of this state.

If the kid thinks he is legit big time talent, he'll choose us.  If he isn't sure... he may stay home.

I like our chances.

As I said before USF has the best balance of criterias Clanton said he was looking for in a school. Going by what he himself said USF should be the choice here. Also USF offered Clanton a scholarship and made him their top target long before the hometown school UCF did. Keith needs to keep that in mind. It's all about Feeling the Love Baby!!!

• Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Some guys, like Phillmore, want to go small time so they can try to be the big tuna.  Hopefully Clanton will see what Coach Heath is building here and realize that USF offers an exciting opportunity pretty close to home.  Besides Coach Kohn owes us.... ;D

Normal

Besides Coach Kohn owes us.... ;D

Normal

Yes he does. Besides helping Heath out now could be benefitual for Coach Kohn in the future.

• Content Count:  45

I like our chances.

Also USF offered Clanton a scholarship and made him their top target long before the hometown school UCF did. Keith needs to keep that in mind. It's all about Feeling the Love Baby!!!

FWIW, Speraw has been all over Clanton since he was in middle school.  Reggie has been quoted that if you have any BB talent in Central Florida, Kirk's your friend (and Reggie should know).  Not trying to start an argument, but how Stan (or even McCullum) could offer Clanton before Kirk is an assertion at best. 

We'll see what happens, but I like our chances (just as much as you like yours).

I like our chances.

Also USF offered Clanton a scholarship and made him their top target long before the hometown school UCF did. Keith needs to keep that in mind. It's all about Feeling the Love Baby!!!

FWIW, Speraw has been all over Clanton since he was in middle school.  Reggie has been quoted that if you have any BB talent in Central Florida, Kirk's your friend (and Reggie should know).  Not trying to start an argument, but how Stan (or even McCullum) could offer Clanton before Kirk is an assertion at best. 

We'll see what happens, but I like our chances (just as much as you like yours).

Hoops you are a loyal UCF fan and a loyal poster on Rivals.com. However you are wrong on this one as UCF like a lot of schools waited for Keith to suit up with Team Breakdown and play AAU ball before they offered.

Delaware was the first school to offer a scholie to Keith. USF offered him during the last HS playoffs and those were the only offers he had until AAU.

Anyways here is a link that says the only two offers Keith had at the time were from Delaware and USF.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-hsbstate1108apr11,0,5915783.story

• Content Count:  45

I like our chances.

Hoops you are a loyal UCF fan and a loyal poster on Rivals.com. However you are wrong on this one as UCF like a lot of schools waited for Keith to suit up with Team Breakdown and play AAU ball before they offered.

Delaware was the first school to offer a scholie to Keith. USF offered him during the last HS playoffs and those were the only offers he had until AAU.

Anyways here is a link that says the only two offers Keith had at the time were from Delaware and USF.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-hsbstate1108apr11,0,5915783.story

I can only offer rebuttals that have no documentation.  Kirk is notorious  about not hinting to anyone, much less telling anybody in the press about recruiting.  I used to get my best news from his wife, but even she's clammed up recently.

I was told 2 years ago through FBVA & AAU circles that he was our top 09 target, and that he'd been offered.  I'm just another message board nerd, so take this for what it's worth...

Clanton still considering South Carolina???

6-8 Keith Clanton of Orlando remains undecided among his three finalists according to his coach Reggie Combs. Clanton is considering USC, Central Florida and South Florida. "He likes them all," Combs said. "He's struggling with the decision." Combs said he's not sure when Clanton will make his decision. The early signing period runs from November 12-19.

Clanton Hung Up On Decision

When will this slow dance end with Clanton? Someone please stop the music. As I have said before this is just ridiculous. About twice a day I wish USF had someone else on this guy's level or better so they could flip him off and move on. USF has to be tired of being held hostage by this guy. Once we start winning we won't have to put up with anything like this with a prospect that is not on anybody's All American list.

• Content Count:  1,797

:D  When did Reggie change his last name?  ::)  Vega, the kid is, what, 18 years old?  It's a big decision.  I would rather a kid take his time and make a good decision rather than decide on pure emotion.  Still, I wish he wouldn't keep saying, "I will decide by _______" and then not decide by then.  Is anyone else surprised that the Orlando Slantinel published incorrect information in its sports pages?  ::) 

USF just got a boost from the waiver thing, it would be nice to get Clanton to stay on a roll, but I have a feeling we will be looking at a better neighborhood of recruits in next year's early signing period if Gilchrist and Mercer give us the boost we think they will.

Normal

Archived