Keith Clanton schedules visit to USF

Mama_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

So, now with Crump off the table, who is USF looking at to fill our remaining scholarships, Vega?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

So, now with Crump off the table, who is USF looking at to fill our remaining scholarships, Vega?

Toro as of now the only players left on the board that have offers are Clanton and Philmore.

What I look for now is for us to hit the JC ranks hard. I know there are some good prospects still available including a few that have been mentioned with USF before in Gary Flowers, Jenirro Bush, and Jeremy Jacobs. Jacobs and Flowers are at Chipola. It would be nice to finally get someone from there.

We must remember most JC players like to wait and see where all the HS players are going first so we should know more after the early signing period has past.

Clanton deliberating

Clanton will decide between South Carolina, Central Florida and South Florida, he said, and hopes to have a decision in the near future.

I think South Carolina has a good fan base and it’s the SEC. It’s a good conference. They have a cool coach there that is really energetic.

South Florida is in the Big East and I think that is the best conference. That’s a plus. I like the coaches and the players.

With UCF, I like their coaches and players but it’s in a little lower of a conference. But, it is closer to home and that’s a plus. It’s real close.

I want to see which coaches get their players better. I remember watching the individual workouts at these places and looked at who gets their players better. That is what I’ve been doing the last couple of days actually, is looking at that

Player Development??? Coach Heath helped get a player to the NBA(Ronnie Brewer) and for a bonus NFL All Pro TE Antonio Gates gives a lot of credit to Heath for helping him get to the NFL.

Coach Horn(Gamecocks) and Coach Speraw(Knights) either have never helped a player get to the next level and/or have no experience coaching in a major coanference against other top coaches and players.

If Keith Clanton is telling the truth then USF has the best balance of things he is looking for. Like the coaches, like the players, close enough to home, best coanference, player development.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

fingers still crossed!

USC To See Clanton Thursday

6-8 Keith Clanton of Orlando said Wednesday night he has not made his decision between USC, South Florida and Central Florida. But, USC recruiter Scott Cherry is to be at Clanton's practice Thursday and Clanton did not shoot down the possibility of making a commitment to the Gamecocks while Cherry was in town. Clanton said he last talked to the Gamecocks two days ago.

By Phil Kornblut

Fellow USF fans are you'll about tired of this guy acting like he is a McDonald's All American as I am. This waltz with Clanton has gone on way to long and if the Bulls don't get this guy we would have wasted precious time for nothing. Could have been after other canidates that would have been able to help us and been happy to wear our uniform.

I hope that the day comes when prospects like Clanton will come crawling and begging Heath to offer him a scholarship, but he'll just simply say we are on better prospects and if our A and B list guys fall through we will come back to you.

As you know I have been tracking this guy and you can plainly see that he has lied throughout this month. Scroll back up a little bit and you will read where Clanton said that all 3 schools are great and he just can't make up his mind. He said that he would use which coach develops his players better and the only one with a true track record of that is Stan Heath without any question. Putting togather all of the key factors that Clanton said he is looking for in a school, USF has the more check marks over S. Carolina and C. Florida.

I hope Clanton isn't afraid to play in the Big East. The SEC was down badly last year and is looking at another down year coming up. C. Florida plays in Conference DOA. Neither one of those leagues has the depth of Power Forwards that is found in the Big East.

Once again I hope we get him but this has been a very frustrating recruiting battle

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Once again I hope we get him but this has been a very frustrating recruiting battle

That's the way I've felt about Basketball recruiting in general. It's been frustrating beyond belief. I think Dickie V accurately stated that coaching at USF has to be the toughest gig in the country. I love going to the games, but I'm not expecting much in the next three seasons.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_highschool_varsity/2008/11/ocps-clanton-do.html

OCP's Clanton down to two, UCF and USF

Orlando Christian Prep senior Keith Clanton, the Sentinel's area Player of the Year in 2007-08, has trimmed South Carolina from the list of college he is considering and is down to two that are close to home, UCF and USF of Tampa.

Clanton has said the hometown attraction of Orlando is a factor but he has mostly been looking for a program that fits him best.

The NCAA early signing period for basketball is Nov. 12-19.

• Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

:o!!! Is that a recruit that is seriously considering USF! No, honestly, I have enjoyed reading the thread and have been hoping that he would narrow it down between USF and ucf. I like our chances!

Archived