Grothe Thinks Players Deserve A Cut Of Sales

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well i wouldn't call it a salary, they are not professionals. They should get "living expenses"

Free room and board isn't enough living expenses?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  5

He is absolutely right.  USF sells its tickets through using Grothe's mug on billboards (2 years in a row) and sells number 8 jerseys simply because Grothe made the number famous.  If Grothe has a creer ending injury, he get's free USF schooling for the duration of his eligibility and pretty much the shaft after that.  USF just starts selling number 7 jerseys and starts pimping out BJ Daniels to sell its ****.

Two summers ago, USF had Grothe 's mug on billboards around town while he was slinging drinks at a bar just to get by . . . . . shameful **** if you ask me.

I kind of second that. I think all players should get some kind of cut, but not out of Jersey sales. Not everyone's number is sold, so the balance is unfair. Kid's risk so much on the field for nothing. In return atleast the college board could give them minimum wage salary for it.

A free education and all the academic help they need to get a degree should be enough.  Think about how many people are going to have to pay back loans when they get out, the players don't have to worry about that.  A free university level education and a degree that can get you a good job without debt should be enough.  Also it would be nearly impossible to come up with a plan that would be fair to the students and to smaller athletic departments where a change like this would have serious financial ramifications.  You have to remember not every athletic department could afford to pay their players and some programs would fold up as a result. 

I definately disagree. I get a free education and i don't play football. Those players devote some much time it's unbelievable.

He is absolutely right.  USF sells its tickets through using Grothe's mug on billboards (2 years in a row) and sells number 8 jerseys simply because Grothe made the number famous.  If Grothe has a creer ending injury, he get's free USF schooling for the duration of his eligibility and pretty much the shaft after that.  USF just starts selling number 7 jerseys and starts pimping out BJ Daniels to sell its ****.

Two summers ago, USF had Grothe 's mug on billboards around town while he was slinging drinks at a bar just to get by . . . . . shameful **** if you ask me.

I kind of second that. I think all players should get some kind of cut, but not out of Jersey sales. Not everyone's number is sold, so the balance is unfair. Kid's risk so much on the field for nothing. In return atleast the college board could give them minimum wage salary for it.

A free education and all the academic help they need to get a degree should be enough.  Think about how many people are going to have to pay back loans when they get out, the players don't have to worry about that.  A free university level education and a degree that can get you a good job without debt should be enough.  Also it would be nearly impossible to come up with a plan that would be fair to the students and to smaller athletic departments where a change like this would have serious financial ramifications.  You have to remember not every athletic department could afford to pay their players and some programs would fold up as a result. 

I definately disagree. I get a free education and i don't play football. Those players devote some much time it's unbelievable.

Your being rewarded for your work in the classroom they are being rewarded for theirs on the field. 

Well i wouldn't call it a salary, they are not professionals. They should get "living expenses"

Ummmm, no. Do you spend money on things other than rent? Thought so.

Well your right bull dozer, but the football players don't just get their degrees. They have to perform in the class room as well.

Listen, i'm not saying they should make thousands of dollars. Maybe like 500 a month. That isn't that much, but it helps. Also, id like to stress the fact that the only way it would work would be for everyone that participates in practice get an equal amount (even the non-schollies)

Well your right bull dozer, but the football players don't just get their degrees. They have to perform in the class room as well.

Actually a good portion of them do.   So what's the difference between the kids that do and the ones that don't?  Simple It's how seriously they take the class room.  Some kids do just enough to get eligible some seriously work towards graduating, why should we reward the ones that are just here to stay eligible and play football?  If you gave someone a free car and they wrecked it by being reckless would you pay for the repairs?    

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This will never happen... if players strike which is the only way to try and force their hand then we the fans loose, and the colleges will just draft from the student body to replace them or not play at all.

Actually a good portion of them do.   So what's the difference between the kids that do and the ones that don't?  Simple It's how seriously they take the class room.  Some kids do just enough to get eligible some seriously work towards graduating, why should we reward the ones that are just here to stay eligible and play football?  If you gave someone a free car and they wrecked it by being reckless would you pay for the repairs?    

You kind of lost me there. If players do badly in their classes, they don't play football..

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

Is not free, they are putting around 20hrs a week in practice something that a lot of other students on scholarships don't have to do. Those other students can work 40 hours if they want, a football player can't do that. I'm not saying let's give them $1,500 a month, but at least $500 per player.

Archived