Really ESPN?

metro0308

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Have they said who the "talent" will be for that game?

Probably someone who is almost unbearable to listen to.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  27
  • Days Won:  0

Its not ESPN, its STATS.  A lot of other sites use them as a media source.

• Content Count:  247

I was about to post the same thing, this is not an ESPN error it's an error with STATS, which is essentially a wire service that ESPN subscribes to that provides copy like this. Nevertheless, it is an egregious error.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Nevertheless it's been fixed now.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I was about to post the same thing, this is not an ESPN error it's an error with STATS, which is essentially a wire service that ESPN subscribes to that provides copy like this. Nevertheless, it is an egregious error.

but still shouldn't ESPN review stuff for accuracy before posting it on their site? aren't media outlets supposed to verify the accuracy of their sources before posting info? Not that this is anything new, sportscasters have made this mistake before...I mean in their defense based on location USF is more accurately University of West Central Florida  :P

they have it fixed now but I had to read 3/4 of that preview to read anything on "South Florida" outside of the fact that Kansas is going to Tampa to play them. Kinda wish there'd been a little more info on USF for the casual fan. Am I biased? Yes. Do I really care that I'm biased? No 8)

• Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

ESPN hates you.

And more importantly, ESPN hates your team.

ESPN will go to any length to diss your team. Any length. You know that LSU coozie you used to have but can't seem to find? ESPN took it. Because ESPN hates LSU. That is, if LSU is your team.

It has nothing to do with you being too passionately involved in both liking your team and hating other teams. ESPN just likes to screw with your head. That's why when Mark May says something like 'LSU has question marks at quarterback. Watch out for Florida in this one' you get ticked. Sure, you just read the same thing in the Times Picayune. But the Times Picayune isn't ESPN - who clearly is having a love affair with Urban Meyer and the Gators while simultaneously throwing the LSU Bengal Tigers under the bus every chance they get.

Unless you're a Florida fan. In which case the time that Chris Fowler made that dig about Urban Meyer's 28-point loss to Alabama is clear evidence of an ESPN-wide plan to, in fact, shut the UF football program down.

Remember that time ESPN ran a story about your favorite player getting arrested? Nevermind that he actually did get arrested. That's "crap". ESPN is "crap". And it is obvious that, by running timely stories about factual events, ESPN is biased against your team.

It doesn't matter who you pull for.

Whoever your favorite team is, ESPN hates it. ESPN hates anything you love, and loves anything you hate.

ESPN hates your dad. Unless you hate your dad. In which case ESPN loves your dad.

If you love bread, ESPN is 'anti-sandwich.' If you hate end-pieces, ESPN will run a special about end pieces. Mark May will hold up two hard, crusty end pieces and hype the "crap" out of them all year long. Bob Ley will run a special called 'Outside The Loaf.' Ivan Maisel will write a column with a pun-filled headline like 'The piece to the end puzzle' and mind-force you to read it and then email him in anger about it.

If you were for the Union, ESPN was for the Confederacy.

If you had a Sega Genesis, ESPN had a Super Nintendo. If you had a Super Nintendo, ESPN had Sega Genesis.

If you liked like Tombstone, ESPN liked Wyatt Earp.

If you preferred Use Your Illusion I, ESPN preferred Use Your Illusion II.

If you pulled for Dan, ESPN pulled for Dave.

If you think OJ is guilty, ESPN is black.

ESPN hates everything you stand for. Unless you stand for something else. Then ESPN hates that too!

:deadhorse  :2cents

• Content Count:  63

Have they said who the "talent" will be for that game?

The Broadcasts

The game is being broadcast nationally by ESPN2. Sean McDonough (play-by-play) and Chris Spielmen (analyst) will call the action with Rob Stone on the sidelines.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1577369&SPID=2981&SPSID=37319

• Content Count:  157

ESPN hates you......

That's just funny!

• Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

ESPN hates you.

And more importantly, ESPN hates your team.

ESPN will go to any length to diss your team. Any length. You know that LSU coozie you used to have but can't seem to find? ESPN took it. Because ESPN hates LSU. That is, if LSU is your team.

It has nothing to do with you being too passionately involved in both liking your team and hating other teams. ESPN just likes to screw with your head. That's why when Mark May says something like 'LSU has question marks at quarterback. Watch out for Florida in this one' you get ticked. Sure, you just read the same thing in the Times Picayune. But the Times Picayune isn't ESPN - who clearly is having a love affair with Urban Meyer and the Gators while simultaneously throwing the LSU Bengal Tigers under the bus every chance they get.

Unless you're a Florida fan. In which case the time that Chris Fowler made that dig about Urban Meyer's 28-point loss to Alabama is clear evidence of an ESPN-wide plan to, in fact, shut the UF football program down.

Remember that time ESPN ran a story about your favorite player getting arrested? Nevermind that he actually did get arrested. That's "crap". ESPN is "crap". And it is obvious that, by running timely stories about factual events, ESPN is biased against your team.

It doesn't matter who you pull for.

Whoever your favorite team is, ESPN hates it. ESPN hates anything you love, and loves anything you hate.

ESPN hates your dad. Unless you hate your dad. In which case ESPN loves your dad.

If you love bread, ESPN is 'anti-sandwich.' If you hate end-pieces, ESPN will run a special about end pieces. Mark May will hold up two hard, crusty end pieces and hype the "crap" out of them all year long. Bob Ley will run a special called 'Outside The Loaf.' Ivan Maisel will write a column with a pun-filled headline like 'The piece to the end puzzle' and mind-force you to read it and then email him in anger about it.

If you were for the Union, ESPN was for the Confederacy.

If you had a Sega Genesis, ESPN had a Super Nintendo. If you had a Super Nintendo, ESPN had Sega Genesis.

If you liked like Tombstone, ESPN liked Wyatt Earp.

If you preferred Use Your Illusion I, ESPN preferred Use Your Illusion II.

If you pulled for Dan, ESPN pulled for Dave.

If you think OJ is guilty, ESPN is black.

ESPN hates everything you stand for. Unless you stand for something else. Then ESPN hates that too!

:deadhorse  :2cents

that is H-I- Larious.  you should call Jim Rome with that. 

You pulled for Dan and Espn pulled for Dave.  :ROFLMAO

• Content Count:  815

that is H-I- Larious.  you should call Jim Rome with that. 

You pulled for Dan and Espn pulled for Dave.  :ROFLMAO

the thought of Rome saying that just made me laugh even harder - nothing better than a good old Dennis Miller style rant - which is what Rome always reminds me of

Archived