Top 10 reasons we'll beat KU this weekend

Orlando Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

i used to live in Austin and i find it hard to believe that Texas is more humid than Florida.

it's cool today because we're getting a nice breeze from Ike, but this is atypical and will likely be back to the everyday hot-n-schwetty by Friday.

ditto, my brother used to get horrid nose bleeds in Tampa and terrible allergies. Once he moved to Dallas everything has been good for him. Said the air out there is easier on him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

You guys averaged just over 500 against two terrible opponents yet you are going to get over 500 against one of the best D's in the nation?  400 is possible I guess but not 500.

• Content Count:  40

You guys averaged just over 500 against two terrible opponents yet you are going to get over 500 against one of the best D's in the nation?  400 is possible I guess but not 500.

You put me in a bad place my friend. While I don't want to compliment our friends from mouse town they are a bit better than either of your first two opponents.  They Knights did go to a bowl last year and have a pretty vetran secondary. Your two wins were over a pretty bad FIU team and a La. Tech team who won 5 games last year. Both of your games were at home. We went into a moderately hostile environment and won.

• Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  2

Lousiana Tech beat an 8-5 SEC team in their opener.

I recorded the USF-UCF game. In no way was that hostile. I think I heard more USF fans.

Neither team has been tested against quality competition yet. Fortunately, we don't have to wait much longer.

LaTech may have beaten an 8-5 SEC team, but YOUR TEAM didn't beat an 8-5 SEC team.

and hostile or not, winning a road game against a conference champion > anything KU has done thus far.

just sayin'.

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

i wouldnt count on ford playing

• Content Count:  63

It just started getting cool in Kansas just this week. The 2 weeks before that we had hit over 100 a couple of times and we were consistently in the 90's. Summer's in Kansas don't really fall below 90 anytime before about 9 or 10 at night. Obviously humidity is a little different, but it still gets pretty clammy here in Kansas, so I really don't believe it will mess with our team. Plus we have phenomenal trainers that will make sure our players know to stay properly hydrated and properly stretched before games.

Why is it so strange that Reesing stayed in the whole game? We need to break in our offense and make sure it is running on all cylinders going into the game against you guys....I really don't get why some idiotic fanatic of an opposing team would question a seasoned head coach's choice to keep his starting quarterback in for the whole game....it wasn't because we were in any danger to lose the ball-game, so it was probably for a **** good reason.

Well I have lived in Kansas long enough to know how hot bad the heat gets here....my parents and grandparents also have property in Florida, so I have a general understanding for the weather down there too.

It's summer in Florida 9-10 months out of the year, i think we know what we are talking about.

• Content Count:  10,219

just win jim!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

I don't care who you are...that's funny!

in all seriousness I wouldn't be surprised to see Kansas stack 2 on Selvie a lot the way UCF did. If they do it will be up to the rest of the line to step up as well.

You guys averaged just over 500 against two terrible opponents yet you are going to get over 500 against one of the best D's in the nation?  400 is possible I guess but not 500.

You put me in a bad place my friend. While I don't want to compliment our friends from mouse town they are a bit better than either of your first two opponents.  They Knights did go to a bowl last year and have a pretty vetran secondary. Your two wins were over a pretty bad FIU team and a La. Tech team who won 5 games last year. Both of your games were at home. We went into a moderately hostile environment and won.

Lousiana Tech beat an 8-5 SEC team in their opener.

I recorded the USF-UCF game. In no way was that hostile. I think I heard more USF fans.

Neither team has been tested against quality competition yet. Fortunately, we don't have to wait much longer.

• Content Count:  5

I recently moved to Tampa from KC.  I also lived in Lawrence for 5 years.  Everyone down here goes on and on about how hot and humid it is, but in my experience, it far more comfortable than a summer in Kansas. No comparison. I couldn't wear jeans in the summer in Kansas cause I would sweat right through them, but I wear them all the time down here.

As far as the stadiums go:

Raymond James for USF games - capacity = 41,441

Memorial Stadium - capacity = 50,071

Of they open up the top levels for the KU game:

Raymond James - full capacity = 65,857

But KU plays MU at Arrowhead - capacity = 79,451

I mention that just for the sake of the conversation.  I plan to attend the game with my wife.  I know it's going to be a good one and I hope the USF fans are as civil as I plan to be.  :)

• Content Count:  971

Reason #11

Love bugs are attracted to white-colored objects.  A swarm of love bugs will descend upon the stadium and become attracted to the visitor uniforms, freaking them out.  BTW, saw my first pair here in Columbus yesterday.

Archived