Orlando Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

yep currently in tampa it is 89 & feels like 96

in lawrence it is 72 & feels like 72

moose

trust me midwest summers are nothing like florida summers and yes it is still summer down there

Hey I'm not saying it hasn't been cool the last week.  But these guys have put in days of practice where it was 100 degrees with 90%+ humidity.  They all know what hot and humid is.  Cramping up will have to do more with them not getting enough fluids in the week than it will for change or region.

Actually, due to homeostasis, the players will have to force themselves to intake more fluids. If they only drink to the point where they feel their thirst has been quenched, after practicing in beautiful weather the past three weeks or so, they will run short on fluids late in the third quarter.

On another note, aren't three of your starters out injured this week (a DT, a WR, and a CB)?

Yes KU's missing a starting WR and CB this week for sure.  WR is really not an issue other than he was probably the best down field blocker.  KU was without him last week as well.  Although I would still like to have him.  CB is for sure out this week and he'll be replaced by a RS Frosh who is bigger and faster but lacks the experience right now.  I won't be surprised at all to see you guys focus on him.  At DT I am still not sure.  I'm guessing at this point he's going to play since I've heard nothing.  KU is deep at DT but he has probably been the best of them so far so it would be real nice to have him.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

so easy to reel in the lurkers when you start throwing out legitimate reasons why their team will lose.

This is the banter I missed so much from last week.

By the way, I am sure KU has played in bigger stadiums, but there were several people that said Ray Jay was louder last year vs WVU than any game they had been to. I for know it was twice as loud as Auburn, others said it trumped UF as well.

You have to watch us Bulls fans we're crazy on game night.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Defense Statistics ***

(Complete through Saturday, September 6th)

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  D E F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds  Avg TD  Ydspg

1. South Fla.                      2 114  323  2.83  4  161.50

15. Kansas                          2 115  406  3.53  1  203.00

*** 2008 NCAA FBS Total Offense Team Statistics ***

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  O F F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds    Avg TD  Ydspg

17. South Fla.                      2 156 1024    6.56 12  512.00

30. Kansas                          2 159  922    5.80  8  461.00

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

1.  KU's played in stadiums bigger and louder than Raymond James.  The crowd won't affect them.

have you ever been to raymond james? doubt it. so think before you say stupid things

• Content Count:  3

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

1.  KU's played in stadiums bigger and louder than Raymond James.  The crowd won't affect them.

have you ever been to raymond james? doubt it. so think before you say stupid things

Texas A&M's Kyle Field seats over 83,000. They sellout nearly every game (if not every one) and their fans are known as some of the loudest and craziest in all of college football. KU went down there and won just last season. How many seats are there in Raymond James?  Will you guys even sellout this game?

Please think before you say stupid things.

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

From The Sports Network

T O T A L   D E F E N S E

Rank   Team                          G  Pl  Yds   Avg TD   Ydspg

From The Sports Network

T O T A L   O F F E N S E

Rank   Team                          G  Pl  Yds     Avg TD   Ydspg

UH-OH

By the way, don't get too excited about the TD numbers, one was on a kick return, one on a fumble by our 3rd string true frosh QB, and two were in a short field situation. I'll pin 1.5 on the defense.

KU coming in with the 30th ranked offense is pretty impressive too, just think where they would be if they had left their starting QB in the whole game in a rout of FIU a couple weeks ago. Maybe if he had gotten a few more pass attempts, somewhere in the 50's, their stats would be even better...

...wait, what's that...he DID play the whole game...and threw 52 times in a 40-10 win? Really?

Well, at least last week they didn't leave him in there in a 29-0 shutout over La-Tech...WHAT?...he played the whole game again and threw 38 more times?

Huh, interesting. If you're wondering, KU didn't score in the 4th quarter of either game, so it's not like it went all the way to the end before they were able to get ahead by enough where he could sit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184336

No but I can't imagine it being any louder than places like Licoln, NE (holds over 85k), College Station, TX (holds over 83k), or Norman, OK (holds over 82k).  Now I'm sure your team plays better there than on the road.  That's pretty much the way it is for every team.  I just don't see how it's going to be the loudest place KU has ever played in.  Besides even if it is loud KU's O isn't run like a typical O so the noise doesn't really affect it at all.

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  D E F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds  Avg TD  Ydspg

From The Sports Network

T O T A L  O F F E N S E

Rank  Team                          G  Pl  Yds    Avg TD  Ydspg

UH-OH

By the way, don't get too excited about the TD numbers, one was on a kick return, one on a fumble by our 3rd string true frosh QB, and two were in a short field situation. I'll pin 1.5 on the defense.

KU coming in with the 30th ranked offense is pretty impressive too, just think where they would be if they had left their starting QB in the whole game in a rout of FIU a couple weeks ago. Maybe if he had gotten a few more pass attempts, somewhere in the 50's, their stats would be even better...

...wait, what's that...he DID play the whole game...and threw 52 times in a 40-10 win? Really?

Well, at least last week they didn't leave him in there in a 29-0 shutout over La-Tech...WHAT?...he played the whole game again and threw 38 more times?

Huh, interesting. If you're wondering, KU didn't score in the 4th quarter of either game, so it's not like it went all the way to the end before they were able to get ahead by enough where he could sit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=184336

KU had two new tackles.  I don't blame them at all for keeping the first team in and getting as many game reps as possible.  Also KU's D has yet to give up a touchdown.  The single touchdown given up is from a punt return.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Texas A&M's Kyle Field seats over 83,000. They sellout nearly every game (if not every one) and their fans are known as some of the loudest and craziest in all of college football. KU went down there and won just last season. How many seats are there in Raymond James?  Will you guys even sellout this game?

Please think before you say stupid things.

Don't mind him hes a resident troll. 

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I'd prefer to see him turning their QB into Ressing's Pieces.

That would be a good sign. Selvie breaking him into pieces or him on the ground in pieces.

Archived