Top 10 reasons we'll beat KU this weekend

Orlando Bull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,515
  • Days Won:  35

10.  Weather on Friday is supposed to be a scorching 90 degrees at it's hottest.  Most of the game will be played in wet weather in the low 80's.  Weather will not affect KU any more than your Bulls.

I wouldn't expect a very wet game. With Ike nearing Texas by gametime most of the moisture will have always been pulled toward Ike. 40% chance of rain is a typical Tampa, Florida day. It isn't th 90 degrees so much as the heat index. The 90 degrees ends up feeling like 97 when you take into account dew point and humidity.

I wouldn't be shocked if at kickoff it is still between 83 and 85 degrees with a feels like temperature of about 90 to 92.

I know you midwesterners don't believe there is much of a difference with humidity and sub-tropical heat, but believe me, its a *****. There were a few players cramping up at the USF/other team game last week. Not saying it is going to make a difference, just throwing it out there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we have some jayhawk fans among us, and I was thinking that we should let them know exactly why they are going to lose this weekend...

10. Heat...pure and simple, Kansas thinks it gets hot there, but they have not experienced early September heat in Florida.

9. 9 returners on offense. We're so deep at RB and WR that Grothe doesn't have to do it all this year. Their inexperience on defense won't allow them to cover all of our guys.

8. Speaking of Grothe, anyone know of a better gamer? He will be ready to take it to KU's secondary and run circles around the DEs and LBs

7. Rebound - last weeks game was way too close, so I think there will be a lot of focus on making sure this one is hard fought for a full 60 minutes (+OT if needed).

6. George Selvie usually prefers honey buns, but Friday, he is going to feast on Reesing Cups.

5. Tyrone McKenzie is the best LB in the nation, and it's time the world see it in the only game on TV at that time. He will light up anyone that thinks about crossing the line of scrimmage.

4. CJL and Gregory have been toying with us thus far. There is a lot more to our offense than meets the eye. I expect very nearly another 500 yards of offense.

3. Mike Ford...Give him the rock. Williams' a beast on the field, give him a block. The running backs will have plenty of chances as we limit the time that KU's offense is on the field.

2. Jerome Murphy and Nate Allen will each have a pick. Nate will probably get a TD on his.

1. It's gonna be loud, it's not going to let up, KU is not ready for what they are coming in to.

My prediction 27-13...Grothe goes for 250 in the air and another 45 on the ground. Williams and Ford each get 60, followed by Mo and Kelly combine for another 60 and the Bulls move into the top 10 in the nation.

Alright, so that's my dream scenario, any other reasons we'll win that I missed?

Now there's a good game sign! Picture of Selvie eating Reesing peanut butter cups.

I'd prefer to see him turning their QB into Ressing's Pieces.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

You don't think it gets humid in Kansas?  Trust me we have our fair share of very humid days that reach well over 100.  Friday night at 80 degrees is a walk in the park.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I expect some KU players to cramp up.  They will be sweating constantly even just standing on the sideline.  Also ray jay is always hotter at the field level than the forecast.  

• Content Count:  5,691

yep currently in tampa it is 89 & feels like 96

in lawrence it is 72 & feels like 72

moose

trust me midwest summers are nothing like florida summers and yes it is still summer down there

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You don't think it gets humid in Kansas?  Trust me we have our fair share of very humid days that reach well over 100.  Friday night at 80 degrees is a walk in the park.

Not saying it doesn't get humid out there but we hear this a lot from out of state schools (about it being humid there too) but then like clock work their players start to cramp up in the second 1/2.  

10.  Weather on Friday is supposed to be a scorching 90 degrees at it's hottest.  Most of the game will be played in wet weather in the low 80's.  Weather will not affect KU any more than your Bulls.

I wouldn't expect a very wet game. With Ike nearing Texas by gametime most of the moisture will have always been pulled toward Ike. 40% chance of rain is a typical Tampa, Florida day. It isn't th 90 degrees so much as the heat index. The 90 degrees ends up feeling like 97 when you take into account dew point and humidity.

I wouldn't be shocked if at kickoff it is still between 83 and 85 degrees with a feels like temperature of about 90 to 92.

I know you midwesterners don't believe there is much of a difference with humidity and sub-tropical heat, but believe me, its a *****. There were a few players cramping up at the USF/other team game last week. Not saying it is going to make a difference, just throwing it out there.

Fair enough.  I don't think the heat or the humidity will affect the players.  Now the elevation might.  Probably not much but Lawrence is located almost 900 feet above sea level while Tampa is at 20 feet above. 

I have no doubt that it does....during July. Your players have been spending the last few weeks practicing/playing with highs in the low to mid 80's (with a couple of warmer days mixed in) with lows in the 60's. I went to the Kansas game a few years ago.....God what a difference. I could breathe so much easier there, and it wasn't just because the air is cleaner. The air is so thick and wet down here. Don't take my word for it, you will find out Friday.

(Disclaimer: I am by no means saying that weather will play a tremendous factor in this game, I am simply trying to dispell some misconceptions)

moose

trust me midwest summers are nothing like florida summers and yes it is still summer down there

Hey I'm not saying it hasn't been cool the last week.  But these guys have put in days of practice where it was 100 degrees with 90%+ humidity.  They all know what hot and humid is.  Cramping up will have to do more with them not getting enough fluids in the week than it will for change or region.

moose

Hey I'm not saying it hasn't been cool the last week.  But these guys have put in days of practice where it was 100 degrees with 90%+ humidity.  They all know what hot and humid is.  Cramping up will have to do more with them not getting enough fluids in the week than it will for change or region.

Actually, due to homeostasis, the players will have to force themselves to intake more fluids. If they only drink to the point where they feel their thirst has been quenched, after practicing in beautiful weather the past three weeks or so, they will run short on fluids late in the third quarter.

On another note, aren't three of your starters out injured this week (a DT, a WR, and a CB)?

P.S. - Its 6pm in Tampa right now, the temp is 90 and the feels like temp is 100.

Archived