Taurus Johnson

Carolina_Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

3-2 TD/INT ratio is still not there yet.  if he ends the season with 1 more TD than INT again, this season will not live up to expectations.

he certainly racked up yards and came up with big plays when we needed them, but that INT in the 4th was as bad a play as a QB can make [and as bad a play as the coaching staff can call].  that 1st quarter pass to Ced was also poorly thrown, and as Shoop noted in his breakdown of the UCiF game, Grothe still keys in too much on his main receiver.  he still needs to get better at seeing the field.

that said, TJ, Ced and Jesse are solid in the pass game, and Grothe is definetely improving in getting them the ball.

there is absolutely no reason our offense shouldn't break last year's records with the talent we have at wideout and in the backfield.

I love you stat junkies that don't think about how things happened. One pick was on a wrong route where the receiver made him look foolish. The other was on a horrible play call where he was under a lot of pressure (as everyone on earth knew UCF would blitz) with no one in the backfield to pick up the blitz. I actually think his worst throw was the near pick where he was trying to throw the ball into the ground and it didn't really get down fast enough.

Two games in, he has made maybe 4 bad throws, and all people look at are the stats that don't tell the whole story.

Also, whoever said "show up at a big game"...seriously? WVU, Auburn, WVU, Pitt 06, UCF 06, 08.

As for TJ, he is looking very solid. I for one wasn't sold on him 100% last year, he needs to keep working, and make sure that he never gives up on plays. He is doing it so far this year, and I am happy to see that out of him. He is a dangerous weapon.

Uh no, the second INT was on Grothe.  I love the kid to death but his marching orders were to run if it wasn't there.  They were crowding the line, and we had a better shot at the first down by spreading and letting Matt go.  He got greedy, and tried to pass and to thread the needle.  In that situation from now on the staff will just hand it off because Matt didn't protect it properly and did what was expected.

That aside Matt played a magnificant game, and showed real signs of maturity.  Hey we can't remove all of the bad habits in one week.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived