Field Painted for the Kansas Game???

Bulldini

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I agree - more civility is needed its not like a UCF tard is posting these comments, its a fellow Bull whom is probably just as pissed as most of us are over the way Ray Jay takes USF's money and craps on us.

As far as the Mexican topic you all must have (A) skipped over social sciences / ethnic relations while at USF (B) must be very PC... I agree with DixieBull Mexicans are not a race, its a country of origin, i.e. Nationality... what if he said "hire some Canadians" does that mean he is being racist against white people since the majority of them are white -or- he said "hire some Americans" what race would he be degrading with that statement.

I could understand if he said Latinos or Hispanics, which is the social term for their race, but he said Mexicans which are made up of a variety of races, and is a national reference. Obviously he understands social science enough to make a distinction between the two that most can not. I'm a sociology major and under stand what he is saying... national origin does not equal race, it just equals nationality, pretty basic stuff.

If I can make a social observation for a second, I think its like the pot calling the kettle black - you all assume that he is backwards because he is from Brooksville, a rural area that is very much like old Florida, but yet he understands social ethnic relations and has not just settled for the PC knee jerk reaction that most people prop themselves up with regarding the social issue and impacts of illegal immigrants.

At best its a nationalist stereotype of Mexicans a kin to saying Canadians Play Hockey, Germans like Beer, Japanese People know Karate, etc.

The phrase racist should be reserved for valid instances where someone is being truly racist against some one because of their skin color - if we throw it around just to win an argument when its not valid then it will loose its luster and become a kin to being called a Nazi, which 20-30 years ago was a term people liked to toss around and now a days its not taken to be as offensive because people have thrown it around to attack everything from the church to some guy in New York that loves his soup.

Normally I don't post and stick to being a wallflower due to homework, but could not pass this one up.

;D (Back to Homework  :'( )

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,461

My only addition to this thread is the obligatory pic of the "that's racist" kid.

thatsracist-er.gif

disclaimer: this message is not to be construed as me picking sides, I just find that image to be funny and use it anytime I can.

• Content Count:  574

So I was reading this thread and I saw some arguments about racism vs not racism, who was a bigger Dolphins fan, the Orange Bowl, an article about a turf farm in Miami and call kinds of interesting topics.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew if the field will be painted in USF colors for Friday night's game.  Just curious.

• Content Count:  5,691

wow-- this subject is the least important thing I can think of when it comes to USF football.

end zone paint never made a tackle

Regardless given the money USF pays Ray Jay, The Tampa Sports Authority, and the Buc's you would think that they could hire 3-4 extra Mexicans to paint a generic BULLS, USF, or Tampa Bay in the endzone's...

you are an ass and have been added to my ignore list

adios!

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

wow-- this subject is the least important thing I can think of when it comes to USF football.

end zone paint never made a tackle

Regardless given the money USF pays Ray Jay, The Tampa Sports Authority, and the Buc's you would think that they could hire 3-4 extra Mexicans to paint a generic BULLS, USF, or Tampa Bay in the endzone's...

you are an ass and have been added to my ignore list

adios!

Ditto  ;D

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

So I was reading this thread and I saw some arguments about racism vs not racism, who was a bigger Dolphins fan, the Orange Bowl, an article about a turf farm in Miami and call kinds of interesting topics.

However, I was wondering if anyone knew if the field will be painted in USF colors for Friday night's game.  Just curious.

Not sure, the Bullsheaven person said that they would try to get a picture - see the end of the third page of this thread...

• Content Count:  1,894

I don't think that is was racist but isn't the issue the fact that he said why don't they hire some mexicans to paint the field instead of why don't they hire "someone capable"...if that happens to be a mexican that's fine. Regardless of the fact mexican can be a variety of races doesn't mean all mexicans paint the fields of stadiums and work in the landscaping business. Maybe that's just my opinion but thats the way it comes off to me and you might not have meant it like that.

My opinion on the field. They need to accomodate a primetime game. If it is a game like this or wvu game then they need to paint the fields for us as well.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I only read this page but it seems there will be some interesting material when I go back to read the rest of it...

because it seems no one has actually said what's happening with the field I'll share my opinion: a friend of mine was at the stadium this week doing some work and said the white Bucs flag is painted and the endzones had no paint on them at all.

Based on the fact that USF played the most recent game there AND the Bucs have a home game Sunday I'm guessing flag with USF logo at midfield and endzones either with the "Buccaneers" or POSSIBLY nothing at all? Maybe with a Fri night game leave them blank and just paint them for the Bucs game Saturday. Anything I've read on here says there needs to be a turnaround time of at least 36 hours just to have paint dry.

• Content Count:  348

Thats Disapointing  :(

I've never understood how they can say it takes 36 hours for the paint to dry, when they paint over the white flag on what is sometimes only 12 hour turn around (i.e. saturday night usf game and 1 pm sunday bucs game.)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I'd rather have blank endzones than Bucs endzones.

Archived