That white flag is awful

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

wow-- this subject is the least important thing I can think of when it comes to USF football.

end zone paint never made a tackle

Regardless given the money USF pays Ray Jay, The Tampa Sports Authority, and the Buc's you would think that they could hire 3-4 extra Mexicans to paint a generic BULLS, USF, or Tampa Bay in the endzone's...

Or what about just slash marks... those are easy to remove in time to paint for a Buc's game.

first of all-- that is racist and uncalled for.

secondly-- you clearly have not discussed or researched how this works before like many of us have. We've outlined what is required-- some of it in this thread. It isn't laziness or reluctance on the part of anyone. It takes atleast 36 hours for the paint to dry after you install new endzone turf (also a requirement). We have talked about this issue 50 skrillion times on this board. Theonly real question is whether the timing of the game will allow us to have our field paint on and then allow the Bucs to put theirs on- (pretty much an NFL directive)/

There is nothing racist about it - Mexican is not a race its a nationality that encompasses every race - thus it was a Nationalist statement which I'm not going to refute, I'm very George Washington that way.

All I'm saying is that we are getting hosed because they can do something - for example they can manage to paint over the bucs logo mid field white and paint a "U" on it, strip it and repaint it in time for the upcoming game, but can't paint slashes or a White Tampa in the end zone that they can paint pewter and red later?

Just think that USF is getting ripped off considering they pay a million or so in rent... There needs to be a compromise between the Bucs and Bulls until we can afford our own stadium. If the Dolphins and Canes can do it why can't we?

Whateva - just because you've been a Bulls fan longer then me does not make your view the only one.

I have been a Dolphins fan 10 times longer then you have been a Bulls Football fan and I'm JUST saying that if the ground crew of the Orange Bowl from 1966-1984 could manage to figure out how to paint that crappy field with Hurricanes logos Saturday, scrub them off, and paint Dolphins logos in time for Sunday game then given our modern technology then the same could be done at Ray Jay.

Take it or leave it - not saying your wrong just giving my 2 cents...  :P

• Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

ok here is how it works when we paint the field. The center and endzone grass is removed and new grass is placed and painted. Then after the game the original grass is placed in its original place. Now the question is will one full day be long enough for the grass to take root enough to play on. I say no but I know the TSA can roll the crap out of it and it should be fine. They do it for the Outback Bowl every year. most years.

Two years ago, the Outback Bowl had Buccaneers logos because the Bucs played the next day...

36 hours may be enough... but I know they couldn't do that for 24 hours.

Fixed  ;)

10 times longer would make you about (and this is only using USF football as the basis-- 12 years) -- 120 years old and then some- which I suppose could explain the name/racial tone of your musings.

you're a sloppy poster who is unwilling to listen to someone who has been through this before with USF and explains things rationally as far as how things are done. Throwing out general ideas as if they are genuinely new does not make them opinions, just inaccuracies that can be argued against with FACT. Sure-- things could be done differently in every aspect of the stadium situation IF we had more control. We do not. We rent the place 6 or 7 times a year-- that's it. Otherwise, we do not have to do a dmn thing with RJS. So if our fans can handle the occasional Buccaneers logo on the field, great. For those fans who feel we shoudl get everything OUR way all the time-- get real.

Let me tell you this-- the Dolphins/Canes situation is almost identical. There was an article posted here that you most likely never bothered to read describing the field painting issue directly. The Canes were going to have special grass to replace the endzone and midfield-- just like we have to do. Maybe you just think painting fields is some easy task-- I don't know. It seems easy sure-- but paint has to dry sometime

Don't take this the wrong way - but you remind me of the tools at the Lightning season ticket holder events every year that complain that locals should come to more games, yada, yada, yada and then minutes later barks out at some noob season ticket holder when they try to make conversation and then goes back to scratching their heads about why more locals don't support the team.

You have a very narcissist / centrist view and may be a bit slow if you think Mexicans are a race unto themselves - there is a big difference between a racial comment and a nationalist one - basic sociology 101.

Anyway I'm done arguing with you over this pointless topic, at this point I could give 2 craps about what they paint on the field so as long as USF smears KU all over it.

• Content Count:  2,720

I'm JUST saying that if the ground crew of the Orange Bowl from 1966-1984 could manage to figure out how to paint that crappy field with Hurricanes logos Saturday, scrub them off, and paint Dolphins logos in time for Sunday game then given our modern technology then the same could be done at Ray Jay.

ok guys, I think you've both given your two cents.  And what Mike said is true.  I know what you wrote here, but your arguing what we have been arguing for years.  It's not a question of whether they can do it , it's a question of whether they want to do it (sometimes).  And apparently the answer is "no."  We are a very unimportant lessee in their eyes, that was apparent with the whole ACC championship game debacle.  They will take our money, do the minimum required by contract and nothing more.  I don't ever see them doing something to help us out if means a little extra work.

And in the end, since you are talking about technology, the way things are done now vs the 60's through the 80's is pretty different.  The paint on the field today if probably much more permanent then back then so it probably can't be scrubbed off which is evident by the process of changing the field for the games.

• Content Count:  7,890

Whateva - just because you've been a Bulls fan longer then me does not make your view the only one.

[glow=red,2,300]I have been a Dolphins fan 10 times longer then you have been a Bulls Football fan [/glow] and I'm JUST saying that if the ground crew of the Orange Bowl from 1966-1984 could manage to figure out how to paint that crappy field with Hurricanes logos Saturday, scrub them off, and paint Dolphins logos in time for Sunday game then given our modern technology then the same could be done at Ray Jay.

Take it or leave it - not saying your wrong just giving my 2 cents...  :P

10 times longer would make you about (and this is only using USF football as the basis-- 12 years) -- 120 years old and then some- which I suppose could explain the name/racial tone of your musings.

you're a sloppy poster who is unwilling to listen to someone who has been through this before with USF and explains things rationally as far as how things are done. Throwing out general ideas as if they are genuinely new does not make them opinions, just inaccuracies that can be argued against with FACT. Sure-- things could be done differently in every aspect of the stadium situation IF we had more control. We do not. We rent the place 6 or 7 times a year-- that's it. Otherwise, we do not have to do a dmn thing with RJS. So if our fans can handle the occasional Buccaneers logo on the field, great. For those fans who feel we shoudl get everything OUR way all the time-- get real.

Let me tell you this-- the Dolphins/Canes situation is almost identical. There was an article posted here that you most likely never bothered to read describing the field painting issue directly. The Canes were going to have special grass to replace the endzone and midfield-- just like we have to do. Maybe you just think painting fields is some easy task-- I don't know. It seems easy sure-- but paint has to dry sometime

Mike what do you expect from a guy who posts under the name DIXIEbull and lives in Brooksville  ;):P

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Don't take this the wrong way - but you remind me of the tools at the Lightning season ticket holder events every year that complain that locals should come to more games, yada, yada, yada and then minutes later barks out at some noob season ticket holder when they try to make conversation and then goes back to scratching their heads about why more locals don't support the team.

You have a very narcissist / centrist view and may be a bit slow if you think Mexicans are a race unto themselves - there is a big difference between a racial comment and a nationalist one - basic sociology 101.

Anyway I'm done arguing with you over this pointless topic, at this point I could give 2 craps about what they paint on the field so as long as USF smears KU all over it.

This was actually my first thought when reading the argument.  Mike, guess what? Not everyone has been on the bored and debated the wind out of the field painting issue.  I think you could have been a little more civil in your breakdown of his/her post.

Though, on mikes side, it's totally uncalled for to throw out prejudice ideas like just have Mexicans do it.

Let's call it a push and move on.

• Content Count:  329

I'll be at Ray Jay thursday morning. I'll get a picture of what the field is for everyone.

Archived