Hello! Can we talk about Kansas? The game is FRIDAY!

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Ford looked like he could've played last Saturday. He was jumping up and down, fully dressed, and participated in pre-game drills.

It was Leavitt's choice to hold him out. He will be 250% for this game. We CANNOT screw around!!!! Go with Ford, and stay with Ford until he proves to be inefficient. He and Grothe will have Kansas on their heels if they can execute and block.

But I just look at this KU linebacking corps and just shake my head. Mortensen, Holt, and Rivera are **** good!!!! Comparable to Nicholas, St. Louis, and Moffitt. Yeah, THAT good.

Check this out.

As a trio last season, they had 106, 99, and 96 tackles respectively!! That just goes to show they don't count on one guy to get to the football. All three of them get theirs. Even BIGGER: 30.5 tackles for loss combined and 8 sacks. Our LB corps??? 1.5 sack and 14.5 TFL if you take off Moffitt's 12 TFLs.

Now, I'm just basing this on statistics, but it looks to me like Kansas likes to bring it with Mortensen and Holt while Rivera seems to be better at pass defense. So I see Grothe being under constant pressure. We gotta get the run going to try to keep the backers off Grothe's back.

The one eency weency spot I see on this D is Kendrick Harper.  At 5'9", he will be heavily outmatched by the second tallest receiving corps in the country.  If I'm Grothe and I see Carlton Mitchell matched up against him, take a step back and just loft it up and let the track star reach for the stars.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,594

250%

is that even possible?

yep.  250%........  Lee Corso said so.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

250%

is that even possible?

I hope so. 

• Content Count:  33
  • Days Won:  0

Ford looked like he could've played last Saturday.  He was jumping up and down, fully dressed, and participated in pre-game drills. 

It was Leavitt's choice to hold him out.  He will be 250% for this game.  We CANNOT screw around!!!!  Go with Ford, and stay with Ford until he proves to be inefficient.  He and Grothe will have Kansas on their heels if they can execute and block. 

But I just look at this KU linebacking corps and just shake my head.  Mortensen, Holt, and Rivera are **** good!!!!  Comparable to Nicholas, St. Louis, and Moffitt.  Yeah, THAT good. 

Check this out.

As a trio last season, they had 106, 99, and 96 tackles respectively!!  That just goes to show they don't count on one guy to get to the football.  All three of them get theirs.  Even BIGGER:  30.5 tackles for loss combined and 8 sacks.  Our LB corps???  1.5 sack and 14.5 TFL  if you take off Moffitt's 12 TFLs. 

Now, I'm just basing this on statistics, but it looks to me like Kansas likes to bring it with Mortensen and Holt while Rivera seems to be better at pass defense.  So I see Grothe being under constant pressure.  We gotta get the run going to try to keep the backers off Grothe's back.

The one eency weency spot I see on this D is Kendrick Harper.  At 5'9", he will be heavily outmatched by the second tallest receiving corps in the country.  If I'm Grothe and I see Carlton Mitchell matched up against him, take a step back and just loft it up and let the track star reach for the stars.

Really good post.  I will let you know that last week Harper was taken to the hospital on a stretcher after getting hurt.  Now nobody knows what the injury is and he has already been cleared.  He made a play and stayed on the field for about two more before walking off, getting dizzy, and vomiting.  So his status this week is unknown as of right now.  Taking his place last week and doing a decent job was RS Frosh Isiah Barfield who stands at an even 6 foot.  He's probably the second fastest guy on KU's roster but he has little experience.  So either way if it's Harper or Barfield you're better throwing to them than you are Harris at the other CB position.

As far as just throwing it up though I'd be careful.  If Grothe doesn't put the ball in the right spot KU has some very good safeties that can come over the top.  Justin Thornton led the team in INT's last year and his back up Phillip Strozier leads the team so far this year. 

• Content Count:  5,912
  • Days Won:  5

If they are going to send the house, they better make sure to get to Grothe. If he escapes and two LBs are in the backfield, they are going to have a hard time bringing him down and maintaining coverage on our receivers.

This may be a game where Ben Williams is needed to protect MG a little bit more. **** I am fired up already and it's only Tuesday. Let's get this show on the road.

I need to find a job where the office is closed during football season.

• Content Count:  2,213

IMO, the worst thing KU has going for it this week is that we won a game last week (that nobody outside of FL knows is hard-fought grudge match) and dropped in the polls.  The disrespect is a motivational gift from the AP voters to our team.  Oh yeah, we hung 500 yards on UCF in that grudge match. . . . . I guess i'm trying to say we are laying pretty low in the weeds this week waiting to "prove" ourselves.

With that said, our special teams are an absolute liability right now.

Archived