Hello! Can we talk about Kansas? The game is FRIDAY!

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The one critical thing is putting pressure on Ressing, so we can take pressure off of roberts and Murhpy.  If not, he will tear us to shreds.

Yeah i think we are going to blitz our faces off with the lack of blitz packages we have shown so far.  I think we are hiding our blitzes from Reesing and the KU offensive staff so they will have to adjust on the fly rather than come in prepared for what we are gunna throw at them. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  63
  • Days Won:  0

Adjusting on the fly is what we do. We run a no huddle offense and call of our plays using signals from the sideline after we get back to the line.

Adjusting on the fly is what we do. We run a no huddle offense and call of our plays using signals from the sideline after we get back to the line.

Im talking about changing your game plan because of what you have on film not running a no huddle o.  You will have very few looks at our blitz packages with the film we give you so your game plan may need to be shifted after the game starts.  Also Wally is great at coming up with new wrinkles for big games.  You will see alot of things that you didn't see on film come friday night.  Also we will be the fastest defense to a man that you see all year. 

I'm sure you guys will hold off on the blitzing until you see how much pressure you can get with the three and four man rush. Reesing is extremely elusive in the pocket like Grothe and can throw very well on the move, so if you bring the house you better make sure you get to him quick. The reason Missouri beat us was because they were getting a lot of pressure surprisingly with the 3 and 4 man rush against us, mainly due to our all american tackle hobbling around all game. If Selvie and company can get pressure on their own then you guys will be very successful.

I'm sure you guys will hold off on the blitzing until you see how much pressure you can get with the three and four man rush. Reesing is extremely elusive in the pocket like Grothe and can throw very well on the move, so if you bring the house you better make sure you get to him quick. The reason Missouri beat us was because they were getting a lot of pressure surprisingly with the 3 and 4 man rush against us, mainly due to our all american tackle hobbling around all game. If Selvie and company can get pressure on their own then you guys will be very successful.

We will mix it up and keep Reesing guessing as to what he's going to see.  Also the speed of our front 7 will negative Reesing's mobility a bit although he will still make some plays on the run.  You will prolly see Reesing get run down by LB's and DL's far more than what you are used to this Friday.  All i know is its gunna be a great game and Friday can't get here soon enough. 

• Content Count:  9,789
  • Days Won:  9

I'm guessing we'll blitz more vs. Kansas.  Our D-Line has played well, but aren't getting sacks.  They are putting pressure on the QB, but our LBs will start appying some more pressure this week.  Corners have done pretty well so far, except for that bad TD Tyler Roberts let happen.  C'mon D, get it together on all cylinders.

Go Bulls!!!

Reesing doesn't leave the pocket as often as Grothe...I was commenting on his elusiveness inside the pocket. Here is the best of example.

But he is also extremely quick when he wants to take off....

(fast forward to the 1 minute mark)

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to see some of Chris Robinson at DE this game. With him and Selvie on the ends, we could get a lot of pressure on ole' Reese Cups.

Reesing doesn't leave the pocket as often as Grothe...I was commenting on his elusiveness inside the pocket. Here is the best of example.

But he is also extremely quick when he wants to take off....

(fast forward to the 1 minute mark)

Kid's scary but i like our front 7 against him.  Our secondary on the other hand is gunna have to really step up.  We have to get pressure and put him on his back consistently or it could be a rough night.  But i do love the fact that Selvie will be lined up over a young kid at tackle.  This will be the first time he sees anyone that has Selvie's burst off the ball.  There are a lot of intriguing match ups in this game.  

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I'm worried about Reesing's arm! Not at all worried about his feet!!!

Archived