Its not a myth, I was the one tackled in Memorial Mall

pnizzle20

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Let me clarify that I don’t think anyone should be physically assaulted, esp. over a football game...but if you walk into a swarm of bees, you shouldn’t be so surprised to get stung.

I still want to see the video because I still think it's really hard to believe that you felt it necessary to video tape an innocent walk through the heart of the drunken UCF student tailgate. I was at the mall wearing USF stuff and sure I got booed but in general the UCF fans weren't threatening at all.

Not being surprised by the outcome is one thing, but the actual act doesn't make it less of a crime because you were aware that it might happen. 

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  56
  • Days Won:  0

^^^well your never going to see the video , becuase I think the dumbest thing i could do is make that video avaialbe on the internet , deff dont UCF fans getting their hands on it. They would prob use at their home games prior to the team taking the field on the jumbo screan. Me and my close friends know what I was doing and yes I had a flag and yes it was waving proudly 8 feet in the air, but thats it. I was not running around dancing, screaming or chanting.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

This would never happen to me because I would never carry a flag of the opposing "rival" team in their territory.  Use your brain.  

Its like a Red Sox fan waving a red sox flag in Yankee stadium, youre gonna get knocked the F out, and vice versa.  '

freedom of speech means nothing in the streets boys and girls

I kind of agree with this statement - if you are going to do this then make sure to have some of us or some of your friends by your side. I always hear about Gator fans attacking someone each season b/c they did something like this - so the moral of the story is to use your head.

If you are going to do something that may piss off a bunch of drunk people that hate you and your team then you need to have someone watching your back.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

^^^well your never going to see the video , becuase I think the dumbest thing i could do is make that video avaialbe on the internet , deff dont UCF fans getting their hands on it. They would prob use at their home games prior to the team taking the field on the jumbo screan. Me and my close friends know what I was doing and yes I had a flag and yes it was waving proudly 8 feet in the air, but thats it. I was not running around dancing, screaming or chanting.

you need to press charges.  Even if you drop it later because it isn't worth your time pursuing.

If he gets away with it, whats next.  Will he take a bat to an opposing fan wearing their team shirt.  Does he crash tailgates and detroy property because he can get away with it? 

I was a victim of an unpunished crime many years ago.  I don't need to go into the details, but suffice to say when 4 people end up in the hospital with physical injuries, and the people who were at fault (and on drugs) walk away scott free - it is a travesty of the system.

Press charges, if not for yourself for the other future victims you will help.... 

I agree with the earlier poster, don't sue. 

But think about the ramifications of not pursuing this.  The outcome could be bad to the next victim if you don't pursue it.

Dude, check out this link on their message board and see how you feel about it.

http://ucf.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=71&tid=115493250&mid=115493250&sid=908&style=2

Here is what one of their message board posters says about this, though.  He agrees (as a UCF alumn) that you should press charges after reading our board..  Here goes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: **Official USF guy walking thru memory mall with flag got laid out thread* Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From a UCF alum, the guy should press charges, etc. That is not representative of UCF, its students, alum or fans. As with any gathering of 45,000+ people, there are a small percentage of idiots who drank a bit too much, have a bit too little impulse control and are feeling bullet proof.

Anybody in tailgating with me that does that at UCF games, Dolphin games or any other tailgating event, can find bail money from somebody else and find another ride home because we don't put up with that stupidity in our area at all.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

LOL .... after what we know about UCF fans, walking through a drunken mob of them, waving a USF flag 8 ft in the air, you actually thought you'd just be in for some friendly verbal abuse?? While not condoning at all what the chicken**** UCFer did, to act like it wasn't provoked and you're stunned that it happened is freaking hilarious .... and I still don't get the problem with posting the video.

• Content Count:  7,693
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah the more I think about this it strikes me as both a ballsy and dumb move... UCF fans are a peg above cavemen in the IQ department, and when you toss beer into the mix they have the same rational as a deranged chimp on crack.

IF we play them again we should all go down there and do this then post a video of that, I agree to not post a video of you getting nailed, the UCF Klan would make it a recruiting video, show it on the jumbotron, and give them something to annoy us with.

I wouldn't post it either...   Their fans would enjoy that too much.

I agree you should get some hazing and crappy remarks for running through there with a flag.

But to tackle someone from behind without at least some verbal confrontation.  crazy..

I'd press charges.  No call for that type of behavior.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I wouldn't post it either...   Their fans would enjoy that too much.

I agree you should get some hazing and crappy remarks for running through there with a flag.

But to tackle someone from behind without at least some verbal confrontation.  crazy..

I'd press charges.  No call for that type of behavior.

Yeah he very well could have ****** up one of your knees.  It's the equivalent of him running up to you and just sucker punching you.  Dude needs to learn a lesson. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

It's obvious that some just don't understand the deep seated animosity that more than a few UCFers have for us ....

Archived