Its not a myth, I was the one tackled in Memorial Mall

pnizzle20

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,381
  • Days Won:  255

If you are not injured but think it is a good idea to sue because someone hit you, I hope you get hit by a bus as soon as you walk out from your first consultation. The sue happy attitudes of some of the people on this board finally explains to me how someone can have apparent success in court despite an inability to even comprehend the basics of the English language and communication (see Steve).

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think he should've been physically attacked, but he said it himself that he was expecting to get verbally attacked and have stuff thrown at him....  So, I'd imagine that he wasn't innocently carrying the flag in a non-provoking manner.

He always runs around with the flag whether he is at home or away, is more of a school spirit thing than a provocation. As I was walking through Garbage Mall I was expecting crap thrown at me just because of what I saw from the Texas game. It didn't mean I was provoking them. If Auburn, and NC State fans can act with class then we shouldn't be justifying UCiF actions.

If the facts are all true, which I trust they are, then he did nothing to provoke the UCF fan. There's no assault in this case, only battery. Assault is reasonable apprehension of forthcoming battery, and since you were blindsided, you were not "assaulted" in the legal sense. That's not to say a lawyer, if you get one, won't claim it anyway.

First amendment rights are often cited in the dicta of assault/battery cases, so it's not in the left field to bring it up. The Patriot Act has nothing to do with this, though.

The entire campus (at least, the outside) was open to all visitors. There was no true "UCF fans only", or "USF fans only", and there was no reasonable person would expect to be tackled for showing school pride.

• Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  2

we shouldn't be justifying UCiF actions.

exactly.

the same guys that spammed Grothe's cell phone, made death threats to his parents, threw beer on our fans [MikeG has picture evidence, plus all the anecdotes on this board], and engaged in more than one physical altercation...

and we have people on this forum that call themselves "Bulls fans" actually justifying or defending them?

unbelievable.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Sue his ass!

• Content Count:  4,503

Beginning of an Urban legend

• Content Count:  53

I may be a little late on the thread, but I was with Pnizzle when he got tackled from behind, and it was pure B.S.! I have been to a lot of away games and walked through a lot more oppossing fans and none worse that UCF! We did not provoke anything by walking through Garbage Mall, we expected booing and taunts from their loser fans, but not a cheap shot! If were all CFB fans then it should make the pre-game more fun by having opposing fans at your campus, it dosen't always have to be so violent. A little jawing back and forth and booing should hype up the game not put the idea to cheap shot someone into one fat UCF fan's head. Cops there said we had to leave when Pnizzle was giving his statement because "we were inciting a riot" now that is horse shizz. I told the cop we were walking to the stadium not going to war. How are visiting fans suppose to get to the stadium if it starts a riot just by walking through? Can't even show your school spirit? Anyone who thinks the taclke was justified or deserved is just a donkey or a UCF fan. Rutgers, Miami, South Carolina, Uconn, UNC, Auburn, never saw anything like this at any of these places, glad we don't have to play them anymore.

• Content Count:  4,016

You provoked them. It's your own fault.

you're a f***ing idiot.

there is no excuse or "provocation" for a physical assault, sweetheart.

You're about the last person on this board that should be calling anyone a ******* idiot.

He went in there looking for something like this to happen. He could have just as easily avoided the confrontation, but chose not to. At the end of the day he could have prevented this just as well as anyone. How many people do you know that video tape themselves just walking through a tailgate minding their own business?

That is not a defense.  If the guy verbally assaulted him, threatened him, or accosted him and he got arrested for simple assault then you might make some sense.  But physical battery is never provoked.  There is rarely a good reason to result to physical battery unless, and this is still a hard defense, you can show your life or health was imminently threatened.  If I call your mom a *****, that does not give a citizen the right to escalate a confrontation to battery.  In the eyes of the legal system no one has justification to escalate a confrontation if he's waving a flag on public property (and UCF campus is public domain), if it was UCF Only then it could get muddy, for a game that is being played on that day then his actions would be judged as normal and expected, even if he's begging for someone to punch him.

Your comments suggest that if someone does something outlandish then we all have the right to assault and battery.   But officer 'he looked at my wife to long so he asked for it'...gotta draw the line somewhere. 

• Content Count:  416

I think going through 'enemy territory' /w the flag waving is an invitation to verbal abuse but seriously if Fred Phelps can protest gays at marine funerals without legally inviting battery then we all need to grow up a little and not throw a tantrum because someone went to a different school than us.

• Content Count:  1,066

It is immature behaviour by the UCF student/fan.  Bottom line, he was wrong.  Prognosis, he should face the charges in a court of law and be held accountable for his actions.

This should be a lesson to all of us [uSF students/alum/fans] how not to behave.  We as a school need to demonstrate how to "jaw" at opposing fans when they visit yet provide a welcoming environment.  This will just spread the word to other schools that 1) It's fun visiting USF for a football game but 2) I hate getting our a$$e$ whipped on the football field!

Archived