Its not a myth, I was the one tackled in Memorial Mall

pnizzle20

The police officer gave me all his information and the case # he said I can change my mind at any time about pressing charges. I really do not know alot about the legal system so I was not sure what I could have done at that time. I just knew at the time I wanted it to be over so I could enjoy the rest of my day.

If anyone has any info I am willing to listen.

I'm not a lawyer, far from it, but I am currently in law school... and know what constitutes battery. You have an "easy" case it appears, and there's no doubt you're entitled to punitive damages. However, as with all cases you need to have someone with deep pockets. Contact a personal injury lawyer and that is probably one of the first things they will find out (if this guy can pay). There's no excuse for what he did, absolutely none. It's more than likely he would just settle out of court... but again with all lawsuits, you need to have someone worthwhile to sue. And judging by your story, he's probably not tremendously successful.

A criminal case would probably be fine, and would have little to no expense to you (you'd probably have to spend a few hours in court to testify, I would think... or just make a statement since cops witnessed the entire thing). He would be slapped with a misdemeanor and community service I would think.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,707
  • Days Won:  2

I'm not one to be sue happy...but right now that A-hole is laughing the whole thing off with his buddies with nothing but a slap on the wrist.  The cops were witnesses and you have video.  That guy probably needs a life lesson.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

sue him, make his life hell for the time being, and get a few grand from his ass.

• Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

I have an idea!

Instead of sueing and trying to get money and pressing charges, etc.  See if you can make him donate to the USF Alumni Association as a form of community service or something.  That would be more of an insult to injury!

• Content Count:  292

if youre ok take the high road dude.  dont sue to just sue

:2cents

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I have an idea!

Instead of sueing and trying to get money and pressing charges, etc.  See if you can make him donate to the USF Alumni Association as a form of community service or something.  That would be more of an insult to injury!

Oh man, that would be funny. I'm on board with this line of thinking. Good thinking! (sorry EI, similar looking sig pics confused me, as I wasn't paying enough attention)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

I have an idea!

Oh man, that would be funny. I'm on board with this line of thinking. Good thinking EI

here here! I'm not a fan of the "sue happy" culture we have but at the very least press charges against the guy and hope the judge has a bit of a sense of "humor" - technically I don't think a judge could make him do anything for USF but he may be able to force him to do something like miss every game for the rest of the season to clean up the trash on memory mall...that should take the whole game and then some.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I have an idea!

Oh man, that would be funny. I'm on board with this line of thinking. Good thinking EI

That is a tremendous idea... but UCFingSUX thought of it, not I.  I wish I did!

Good thinking, man!

• Content Count:  476

Guys, where's the video direct proof?  Every place has bad fans, I didn't see any hostility all day.  Just good old fashioned ribbing before and after the game. 

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I have an idea!

That is a tremendous idea... but UCFingSUX thought of it, not I.  I wish I did!

Good thinking, man!

Lol, whoops! Not paying enough attention, and still tired from a long night/weekend

Archived