bulls96go

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

i was an 11-1, 12-0 optimist

now i am a 8-4, 9-3 pessimist.

crappy questionable coaching will do that to you

Uhhh, huh?  The only question about coaching is why the offensive staff threw the **** ball with 3:30 left in the game on 2nd down.  That aside by that point we had had 460 yards of total offense against a defense that returned 9 starters including 4 senior starting defensive backs.  Not to shabby at all, and we spread the wealth, and showed that we are a multifaceted team with an ability to run, pass, and play the option and mis-direction.  This offense is as good as advertised, just run the **** clock out next time!

Defense, well crap up until the last three minutes our defense dominated their senior ladened OL.  Dominated it.  Before that INT in 57 minutes UCF had 140 yards total offense.  That's great!  Oh and some bad kicking hurt us too...Teachey kicked nearly every ball into the end zone against UT-Martin but struggled to get it past the 10 at UCF- Huh, and Alvarado, man not even counting the missed FG's, what about out punting his coverage consistently.

I am actually more bullish, not running out the clock made this way, way closer than it should have been, but as we saw even in overtime this team has so many weapons they really can pull anything out when they need to.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  571

some of the offensive play calling was so horrific that at times, I could not even comprehend what was going on.

it was actually giving me a headache because it didn't follow any of the logical progression of a normal football game.

up on points, run it, burn clock.

someone please tell me im wrong on this next one.

the final field goal with alvarado, wasn't it on 2nd down WITH a timeout left?!

the sheet that i was watching the game projected onto was ruffled up near the timeout section of the screen and it appeared there was still one left before the botched field goal.

• Content Count:  296

One still showed on the scoreboard, but as Leavitt said, we had already used all three time outs...

• Content Count:  1,370

Not as worried about KU as some of you...we're a completely different team at home. 3 of 4 losses last yr were on the road (incl bowl game). I'm sticking with 11-2.

• Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  2

What game were most of you watching?  This post sums it up pretty well.  This should have been a 14 point road win against a rival that had revenge on their mind and gave us everything they had.  That ain't bad.

The coaches made this closer than needed.  Bad job by Grothe of running the game clock down when running the ball with 4 mins left and a 14 point lead.  Every snap was with 12-15 secs left on the play clock.  The pass play call on the INT was horrific.  Why in the world do you throw the ball there??  Run the ball, and get the clock under 2 mins, and if they stop you, punt it and let the D do their job.  If you must throw the ball, throw a WR screen that is safe.  One bad play call let them back in the game. 

The good news is that we won a tough game, were the better team by a good margin, and Leavitt may have learned some things in the process.  Fix the issues on special teams and get smarter in late game siuations, and this is a very good football team.

"should have beens" don't count in college football.

a game is 60 minutes long.  dominating for 56 minutes and then letting it nearly slip away is as bad as struggling for an entire game.

if we were really that dominant for the first 56 minutes, we wouldn't have only been up by only 2 touchdowns.

a better team could have put us away in that situation.  we can't play 54 minutes of good ball against a team like Kansas then sit on our thumbs for 4 minutes and expect to win the game.

Archived