My UCiF Experience

outrunner

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Their campus was nice, but it was...  I guess "sterile" is the way I'd put it.  It's fake as hell, like it was put there just so the students would have something to talk about other than how bad their football team sucks.

It seems like everything was built to look super nice because image is everything there... but yet walking through the shop area on the way to the game, getting cussed at and things thrown at you, you never ever want to go back.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

When walking through memory mall, I got a lot of **** talked to me, most of the time i would just say Go Knights or start chanting U-C-F!

The look you get from stupid drunk people when you do something unexpected is hysterical!

I actually got surrounded by one Group of like 15 UCF students with these really loud whistle things and they started chanting "********!" over and over again...

What did I do, I put my arms around the two closest people to me in the circle and started chanting "********!" with them...Once again, the reactions and looks on their faces was hysterical!

I love making people feel like idiots  :)

My favorite encounter ever with a UCF fan was back before the first match-up in '05. This one particular d0uche was following the band around the south parking lots yelling "Bulls suck!" or "Go Knights!", your usual generic insults. Seeing this, I went over and told him to shut up. To which he replied with "USF sucks!" Being that he looked to be on the younger side, I asked if he was a freshman, perhaps a sophomore, to which he replied that he was a sophomore. So I then said, "So then, you haven't seen your football team win a game yet as a student? I watched my team win a game last week. You don't know how it feels to win a game, and I do. So who really sucks?" At this point he looked dumbfounded, and after about 30 seconds of standing there looking like an idiot, all he could manage was "Oh yeah, well go Knights!" before scampering back to his pathetic tailgate.

• Content Count:  5,595
  • Days Won:  3

I'm sorry to say this, but I think enough is enough. Someone in the melee should get an attorney and sue the sheeeat out of UCF. The last time I was at the UCF game at the Citrus Bowl, my then 4 year old grand daughter was ridiculed, spit upon, and had a cke thrown at her all because she was wearing a USF cheergirl costume. I wrote a letter to the president of UCF, only to have an Assistant AD reply with the excuse don't blame the university over a "few" bad examples. I say Bulls**t! It is time for this action of thugness to stop. Have UCF forfeit all games or ban fans from watching. That will stop this ridiculous actions. Even when they came here, they trashed everything. Nothing but Ill bred animals in my honest opinion.   Reaper

Spit at? Thats just ******* disgusting.  

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We didn't have any serious problems, but one UCF student threw us the bird on the way to the stadium.

The students are going to be like that at any school in a heated game.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't there but two of my friends were called "white trash" by some UCF girl...definately a childish/uncalled for insult.

on the way back to my car I think I heard some people behind my friend and I talking about us but it was hard to tell what they were saying and if it was "trash" or just guys being guys

my hope is that those who went and had bad experiences do what they can to help ensure that visiting teams don't leave our 'home' with stories like that...I know it only takes one guy to be an idiot but there's a lot to be said about policing your own at every level

• Content Count:  112

I think it is the home fan's job to make the visitor unwelcome.  There shouldn't be spitting, cussing, or violence, just thoroughly researched ribbing in good fun.  You don't want them too comfortable, but use some class.  We parked off campus and walked in with no problems inside or out, but the other stories are uncalled for, and if someone thre a coke at my daughter as referenced above, I would throw them down the steps.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  7,080
  • Days Won:  4

Almost no interaction whatsoever with the indigenous personnel.

We arrived, raced to the stadium as best we could with the masses

migrating that way. On site just in time for the Nat'l Anthem.

Exited with the masses, and still no interaction...then again it

provided an excellent opportunity to intercept their communications

as an after-action report. Dismal.

Being honest...due to the traffic and parking situation, not that

it's absolutely terrible, but I don't see myself ever going back,

should we have another game. Now, it may be a different story

if you're there hours in advance for tailgating, but for a touch-and-go,

nah...not really condusive to that.

• Content Count:  651

I will say before the game I thought stopping the series wasn't the greatest idea in the world, now I hope we never have to play those guys ever again. Also, as far as an on campus stadium goes for us, if its going to be anything like theirs I'd rather stay in Ray Jay. Luckily for us, we had a UCF friend (didn't know that was possible ;) ) that had a parking pass for Garage C so walking wasn't too bad, but to have to watch others walk more than a mile back to their car after the game is rediculous.

I think my party had the full spectrum of fans. We had a couple guys, while we were tailgating or picknicking, come up to us and offer us beer and were extremely friendly to us. We had a USF fan come up to us and telll us that his gf was struck in the head by a full beer, so I didn't witness that but not going to doubt what I heard. Once in the game it wasn't too bad. I was sitting in section 206 in the middle of the devil's den. First half was good with fun banter going back and forth. The second half not so much. I invited 2 of our friends to join us in that section. At some point in the fourth quater while we were up 14 I get a tap on the shoulder and some guy starts dropping f bombs in my face and telling me I can't sit here. Tries to snatch my tickets, pokes me and my friend in the chest, tells us certain things he wants to do to both of our moms and then tries to grab our hats. I was very close to beating the ever living crap out of this guy, but didn't want to get arrested or kicked out of the game. Right before he left, he then goes on a rant about who we should be voting for in the election. Made absolutely no sense. The kicker to me was the fact that he wasn't wearing any UCF colors. Kid was certainly a clown to say the least. Once the comeback started, we were getting a little worried that we wouldn't make it out alive. Even though most of our section had left, there were plenty there to gang up on us. When overtime started we made our way to the USF section so we could party when we won! or if we were to have lost we wouldn't have gotten mugged. That was the first time I ever felt uncomfortable in a football game. Very sad.

Again, just glad to get out of there with a "W" and end the series.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  14

Not so terrible.  At first we got some comments, boos, etc.  Nothing I wouldn't do to away fans at our game.  

But walking through the memory mall (in one case, the "mamory mall") to get to the stadium was a different story.  That's when we got surrounded and told that we suck.  I got hit by some flying ice cubes, but I didn't know where they came from.  That place was silly.  

All in all, the fan taunting was less than what I expected after all of the horror stories I've heard.  We were planning to avoid the memory mall altogether, but it just worked out that we had to "walk the gauntlet" to get to the stadium.  I expected much worse, and I know some people have reported it was really bad, but I didn't catch much crap.

Nice, new-looking campus!  HORRIBLE parking situation.  Crappy stadium.  If they served beer, it would be ok.  Going 4 hours without a cold one is tough.  

We have it really good.  Don't ever take it for granted.

Archived