Bulls Chant

fullofbull@work

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

I must say that I liked the student section chant to Rock & Roll (you know the one by Gary Glitter that's played everywhere)...

(Rock and Roll) Hey! Go Bulls!

We're gona beat the **** out of you. and you and you and you...

I love it!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WoolyBully

• The Sheriff

• BULLheaded

• bull_roarer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I must say that I liked the student section chant to Rock & Roll (you know the one by Gary Glitter that's played everywhere)...

We're gona beat the **** out of you. and you and you and you...

I love it!

Hmmmm, the only "Rock and Roll" song I know is from Led Zeppelin...you know the one the Caddilac commercials stole

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

never heard it from the student section... but from what i can tell sounds pretty lame

have to agree about the 2-Bits chant, the guy in came in the students area during TTU and most people just laughed at him

I met the 2 bits guy last year at Beef's USF area for the Army game.  He is one cool guy and his wife is a USF professor.  I could not find a table to sit at, and he made room for me at his table.  He even bought me a beer. ::drinker::

Not sure why he does the 2 bits cheer, but that is his gig.  Does not bother me.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,836
  • Content Count:  5,589
  • Days Won:  13

I met the 2 bits guy last year at Beef's USF area for the Army game.  He is one cool guy and his wife is a USF professor.  I could not find a table to sit at, and he made room for me at his table.  He even bought me a beer. ::drinker::

Not sure why he does the 2 bits cheer, but that is his gig.  Does not bother me.

He's doing it to because he wants to copy the Gators.  Their Mr. Two Bits did it for fifty years (1949 - 1999).

I think our guy should stop.  I don't want to copy someone else's traditions -- let's start our own.

From the Alligator (11/05/99)

Even in retirement, Two Bits keeps fans cheering

By Shawna Sundin

Alligator Staff Writer

Of all the people who have followed UF football over the years, few have remained loyal fans through both winning and losing seasons. Few have been to almost every home game for the past 50 years, not to mention hundreds of away games.

But one person has done just that.

He's 77-year-old George Edmondson Jr., a retired insurance salesman from Tampa, better known as Mr. Two Bits.

Everyone knows Edmondson as the man who, until he retired last year, ran all over the Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, urging fans to shout, "Two bits! Four bits! Six bits! A dollar! All for the Gators, stand up and holler!"

People recognize Edmondson almost everywhere he goes. Many ask for his autograph. He said he signs "Mr. Two Bits" and usually adds "Go Gators." A lot of people, especially children, also ask to take pictures with him.

"It's very gratifying. Everyone wants a picture with Mr. Two Bits," Edmondson said. "It just got as big as it is today and it's unbelievable."

Despite retiring Nov. 14, 1998 at the UF-South Carolina game, Edmondson will make an appearance in today's Homecoming parade.

"I'm gonna ride the fire engine with the senior football players," Edmondson said.

This is not the first time he's been a part of the Homecoming parade. In the '70s, the Homecoming Committee selected him the honorary grand marshal of the parade. He also has been a judge in the parade for several years.

"It's always a fun thing," he said. "It's great to see all the people."

Edmondson said he also is going to be in Gator Growl tonight.

"I don't know what they have planned yet," he said. "I'll probably make an appearance with the cheerleaders and do my thing."

He does his thing wearing the same outfit he's been wearing since 1949 - a yellow long-sleeve button-down shirt, blue trousers, orange- and blue-striped tie and black-and-white saddle shoes.

"Back in those days, everyone dressed for the games," Edmondson said, adding he just kept dressing up because people wouldn't recognize him out of uniform.

Since his retirement, Albert has even begun dressing like Mr. Two Bits.

"I think that's real cute, a real tribute to me, which I really appreciate," Edmondson said.

Over the years, Edmondson also was named an honorary cheerleader and an honorary alumni member. His path to fame began one day in 1949 when he says he adopted UF.

His adoption began at a UF-Citadel game. The 27-year-old Edmondson, who attended the Citadel but didn't graduate, said he got mad because Florida fans were booing their own team, so he started leading the cheer that eventually gave him his nickname.

"All the Gator fans were booing their players and the coaches," he said. "I had never booed and I didn't believe in it."

He said he got a group of about 10 people together who started cheering, rather than booing, when the team made a mistake, and the size of his group just got larger and larger.

"I'd get 10 people, 20, 50, 100 people," he said. "People would say 'Hey, are you the guy leading the cheer over there? We want to be a part of that.'" And as time went on, Edmondson said fans came to know him as the Two Bits man and eventually everyone started calling him Mr. Two Bits.

Since 1949, Edmondson has missed only about four home football games. Edmondson said he and his second wife Jane Edmondson also make it to most of the away games, including the Tennessee game in Knoxville, the Florida State game in Tallahassee and the Louisiana State game in Baton Rouge.

"We can't plan anything during football season," Edmondson said. "It's a way of life for our family, at least my wife and I. Everything is geared around the Gators."

The couple also has made it to most of the bowl games in which UF has played, including the Orange Bowl in Miami, the Citrus Bowl in Orlando and the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans.

"We just love it. It's just part of our life," 66-year-old Jane Edmondson said. "We enjoy all the games and everything connected to them."

To show their support for the Gators, the Edmondsons started a cheerleading scholarship fund about 20 years ago. Every year, two deserving cheerleaders are awarded $1,000 each.

Edmondson and his wife also attend quite a few basketball games, several soccer games, some volleyball matches and a few gymnastics meets.

"The University of Florida is a great school and has been very kind to me in that they've let me do what I've done," Edmondson said.

He said UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley asked him when he retired to keep himself open for cameo appearances. He led his cheer during the pre-game festivities earlier this season at the UF-Tennessee football game and led the cheer in a couple sections of the stadium.

"He's been a special person in this program ever since before I got here," Foley said. "His energy level is phenomenal. It'll be 83 degrees in the Swamp, and he runs around making sure everyone's cheering. He just never let down. His enthusiasm was something to be admired."

• Topic Count:  722
  • Content Count:  6,770
  • Days Won:  19

Maybe he'll get hit by a car today! "Two bits! Four bits! Six bits! A Dollar! Another dead Gator fan! STAND UP AND HOLLER!"