Daytona Beach News Journal: UCF, USF belong on same field

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I like that the UCF team is taking this as another moral victory.  USF needs to work on special teams play and this game isn't even close.  Well that and we need to learn how to coach the last 5 minutes of a ball game.  Anyone know if CJL gave someone his patented headbutt at the half - cause he sure has hell coached those last 5 minutes like he had a concussion.

• Content Count:  1,894
  • Days Won:  0

LOL the first three quaters are defense pressed the wr's. In the 4th Roberts was playing way to far off and allowed the wr's to get huge yards after the catch. It was pathetic. We should never let up pressure. I would rather a corner get beat for a td with our safeties over top then giving them 6 yards and having to pursue the tackle. The defense played too good the whole game to get content.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  98,075
  • Days Won:  488

I think they did, briefly, lead in the second matchup.

At 2:15 left in the 2nd quarter, UCF took a 10-7 lead, and lead until USF scored a field goal to close out the third quarter

So for those 17 minutes and 15 seconds, UCF had the lead.

In the rest of the four games, USF held he lead for 173 minutes and 23 seconds...

That is all from memory.  Jim is amazing.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,037
  • Days Won:  29

Nobody will be thinking aqbout this game next season.

There was talk before we played, fast forward - USF is 4-0 against them. Both games away were close, both games in Tamplona were BlowOuts !

If there is such a demand for this game, lets see who wants to sponsor the game and have it in the Citrus Bowl when it's fixed.

NOBODY !

• Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't this a textbook example of what we've been saying all along?  We win the game and we STILL don't get enough credit ("UCF belongs on the same field...USF isn't a real threat to win the Big East...etc.").  We win and it's not good enough, so why play them at all?

USFFan

• Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  5

give me a break. we had one close game with them and this idiot thinks they belong on the same field as us? hilarious

Yeah they belong on the same field as Texas too!

Archived