Defense

usfgrad84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  127
  • Days Won:  0

Hmm.  I am very interested to see how Kansas will move the ball on this D.  UCF had no offense for 95% of the game and almost beat us.

I don't know what to make of Reesing.  He has never played against a decent defense yet in 2 years.  So far this year the two teams he played against are ranked # 101 and #103.  The BEST he played against wasn't even in top 50% of the country.   Playing our defense will be his biggest test yet.   I think Greco is more mobile than he is a good passer.  I haven't paid too much attention yet, but from what I have heard so far about KU's offense is that is has been completely ineffective running the ball so far.

My feeling is that we have doing what it takes to win the games and haven't done much more than that because it hasn't been required.  Like Mama Bull said, #1 in overall defense ain't too bad.

Actually he beat the #4 defense in the OB last year.

I stand corrected.  I only looked at the regular season.  He was helped out in scoring quite a bit by Talib's int for TD in the OB.  I think he is a good QB, but I still want to see him perform at a high level on a consistent basis vs top defenses.  His numbers in the OB were pretty average. 

I am looking forward to a good game like we had 2 years ago.  Looking forward to seeing what happens with the battle between Selvie and KU's OL.  I understand you have some younger players on the OL this year.

We are breaking in a Frosh at LT so it will be interesting.  Luckily reesing has a knack for escaping and making big plays under pressure.  He can also get rid of the ball quick.  here are some vids if you care to look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5oJdo16rSQ&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X98idf8MsB8&feature=related

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I've been impressed with what Reesing did last year. IMO, we'll be seeing two very similar QBs on the field Friday night

Archived