Defense

usfgrad84

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,719
  • Days Won:  0

We knew coming into this season we would be tested in the secondary.  I think we will be fine.  We are not going to win every game going away.  Friday night's game will be tough but if we come out of it with a "W", even if by one point, that's all I care about. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime USF was in a zone defense, it seemed UCF had a WR in motion coming across the field to be wide open in the flat for a five-eight yard gain... it was rather predictable, unfortunately.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,037
  • Days Won:  29

Allowing 161.5 Yards per Game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  10,219

played well...

• Content Count:  127

Hmm.  I am very interested to see how Kansas will move the ball on this D.  UCF had no offense for 95% of the game and almost beat us.

I don't know what to make of Reesing.  He has never played against a decent defense yet in 2 years.  So far this year the two teams he played against are ranked # 101 and #103.  The BEST he played against wasn't even in top 50% of the country.   Playing our defense will be his biggest test yet.   I think Greco is more mobile than he is a good passer.  I haven't paid too much attention yet, but from what I have heard so far about KU's offense is that is has been completely ineffective running the ball so far.

My feeling is that we have doing what it takes to win the games and haven't done much more than that because it hasn't been required.  Like Mama Bull said, #1 in overall defense ain't too bad.

Actually he beat the #4 defense in the OB last year.

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Something I was just thinking about as I watch the game again...

I think our defense may be having a little trouble with the short passes and roll outs because Greco is a lefty. Im sure it is a different game since typically if the QB is going left, your instincts are that he isn't going to throw and you can step up and keep him from running.

Also, just saw Edwards get killed on the punt, they showed CJL, and I think he actually looked worried...like...'if we can just get out of here without incident, I'll be thrilled'.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I think our defense may be having a little trouble with the short passes and roll outs because Greco is a lefty. Im sure it is a different game since typically if the QB is going left, your instincts are that he isn't going to throw and you can step up and keep him from running.

Also, just saw Edwards get killed on the punt, they showed CJL, and I think he actually looked worried...like...'if we can just get out of here without incident, I'll be thrilled'.

Pat White is a lefty, we haven't had a problem with him the last two years

• Content Count:  5,901
  • Days Won:  5

Pat White is a lefty, we haven't had a problem with him the last two years

He sucks as a passer, and we had 2 NFL corners. Also, he rarely looks down field when he starts to run.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Hmm.  I am very interested to see how Kansas will move the ball on this D.  UCF had no offense for 95% of the game and almost beat us.

I don't know what to make of Reesing.  He has never played against a decent defense yet in 2 years.  So far this year the two teams he played against are ranked # 101 and #103.  The BEST he played against wasn't even in top 50% of the country.   Playing our defense will be his biggest test yet.   I think Greco is more mobile than he is a good passer.  I haven't paid too much attention yet, but from what I have heard so far about KU's offense is that is has been completely ineffective running the ball so far.

My feeling is that we have doing what it takes to win the games and haven't done much more than that because it hasn't been required.  Like Mama Bull said, #1 in overall defense ain't too bad.

Actually he beat the #4 defense in the OB last year.

I stand corrected.  I only looked at the regular season.  He was helped out in scoring quite a bit by Talib's int for TD in the OB.  I think he is a good QB, but I still want to see him perform at a high level on a consistent basis vs top defenses.  His numbers in the OB were pretty average. 

I am looking forward to a good game like we had 2 years ago.  Looking forward to seeing what happens with the battle between Selvie and KU's OL.  I understand you have some younger players on the OL this year.

Archived