thoughts from high atop the player's parents section

bsrn12

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  214
  • Days Won:  0

1. The talent level between these 2 universities is not close....not even a little.

2. Carl Franks is really starting to piss me off with how he uses our RBs. I know we have several guys who appear capable of getting the job done...but the problem is, it frankly doesn't matter ONE **** BIT what a guy does on the field, he's usually not going back in on the next series. Prime example tonight....Richard Kelly comes in in the 3rd qtr and starts to get rolling. Moving the chains, running downhill. Result: USF goes down punches it in to go up 2 tds. Richard Kelly's next touch: the 1st play in OT. WTF?!?!

3. There were, imo, 2 huge turning points in this game (both for UCF)...the first was early, and obvious, the Burnett kick return td, coupled with them keeping us out of the endzone on the ensuing drive really helped carry them for the entire first half. The second turning point came around the 6:40 mark, when UCF punted the ball back to us and during the timeout for change of possession, the Mouseketeers began mass evac prompting the USF contingent to serenade them with "Good-bye". I think the players on the USF sideline took note of this, probably joy and satisfaction as well, but in the process took their foot off the gas and their heads out of the game. Thankfully, we overcame that and AWFUL COACHING in the waning moments to get a win.

4. I really hope that our defensive scheme has been "vanilla" by design, because we have had ZERO pass rush through 2 weeks and Todd Reesing will pick us apart if we don't pressure him.

5. Other than a few "classly" gals (haha) on the way in (ask Shoop about them), the Mouseketeers faithful was pretty cordial...well as cordial as one would expect from opposing fans.

6. Their aluminum can recycling stadium made me thankful for RayJay.....though we didn't get any lip about standing for EVERY PLAY.  ;) (we did sit during timeouts and halftime)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  385
  • Days Won:  0

3. There were, imo, 2 huge turning points in this game (both for UCF)...the first was early, and obvious, the Burnett kick return td, coupled with them keeping us out of the endzone on the ensuing drive really helped carry them for the entire first half. The second turning point came around the 6:40 mark, when UCF punted the ball back to us and during the timeout for change of possession, the Mouseketeers began mass evac prompting the USF contingent to serenade them with "Good-bye". I think the players on the USF sideline took note of this, probably joy and satisfaction as well, but in the process took their foot off the gas and their heads out of the game. Thankfully, we overcame that and AWFUL COACHING in the waning moments to get a win.

It was amazing to see the secondary go to **** after the UCF fans started to leave. It def. had a lot to do with their comeback

Archived