Matt Grothe’s father, Matt Sr., even received a death threat from a UCF fan

ChiTownBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Smazza...you are correct sir....we had help with in watching distance all night....usf police where up and down our steps several times..and fhp took us in and out of erector set...all is good that ends good...key end,  never again will we have to deal with such pos....thanks for all the support.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,142
  • Days Won:  1

After further review, ucf STILL SUCKS !!!!

and Flip, They probably meant you'd laugh to death from the final score...

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Flip is lying... I heard the call was actually from O'Leary asking him for a date.

• Content Count:  2,661

What gives you any indication that they will have a better attitude in 5 years?

Absolutely nothing.

I guess I'm just an optimist.

But a lot can change in five years. Could we have imagined being in the Big East, much less our tremendous success in it, in 2002?

Maybe UCF football will someday get leadership that understands how to run a football program, and can change the culture over there.

I once thought George O'Leary could be that person, but this week we've seen how he's adopted the UCF attitude of whining, self-entitlement, and failing to close out a big win. Frankly, he disappoints me. You'd think a guy who won 3 Georgia-Georgia Tech games would know how to prepare his team for a rivalry game. That was clearly not the case Saturday night.

And I did say "at least" five years.

Only thing would be if they actually achieve success above and beyond what we will have had at that time .... not sure that's going to happen.

That's the whole problem over at UCF: "we'll behave when we get what we want." That is childish behavior, and adults prefer not to deal with people who act like that.

Maybe The Nanny could do an episode about UCF football.

• Content Count:  645

Smazza...you are correct sir....we had help with in watching distance all night....usf police where up and down our steps several times..and fhp took us in and out of erector set...all is good that ends good...key end,  never again will we have to deal with such pos....thanks for all the support.

flip,

Are you guys going to be able to press charges against the offender?

• Content Count:  4,016

Absolutely nothing.

But a lot can change in five years. Could we have imagined being in the Big East, much less our tremendous success in it, in 2002?

Maybe UCF football will someday get leadership that understands how to run a football program, and can change the culture over there.

I once thought George O'Leary could be that person, but this week we've seen how he's adopted the UCF attitude of whining, self-entitlement, and failing to close out a big win. Frankly, he disappoints me. You'd think a guy who won 3 Georgia-Georgia Tech games would know how to prepare his team for a rivalry game. That was clearly not the case Saturday night.

And I did say "at least" five years.

Only thing would be if they actually achieve success above and beyond what we will have had at that time .... not sure that's going to happen.

That's the whole problem over at UCF: "we'll behave when we get what we want." That is childish behavior, and adults prefer not to deal with people who act like that.

Maybe The Nanny could do an episode about UCF football.

Well put Gary.  If anyone wants to know why you need to shut the game off then just look at headlines like this, and how their fans acted pre-and post-game tailgate.  They were and are to emotionally wrapped in this game.  This is appalling to say the least.

Another fine example of O'Leary falling into the same trap of UCiF is the fact he wants to report the refs?  I mean any coach that has five blatant late hits, two of which should have led to ejections of Travis Timmons and Reggie Weams, should want to BURN THE VIDEO for fear of it being used as evidence.  I mean I honestly believe Grant Gregory has grounds for battery charges to be brought up against Timmons.  Who hits a defenseless guy in the bakc picking up the ball to hand it to the ref at least 15+ seconds after the whistle blew.  That was really, really pathetic.

The fact O'Leary is whinning about the refs is just personifying the myth of that school, their fans, and their whinning administration.  His team was dirty Saturday night and he's worried A SINGLE CALL?  Get a life O'Liar, no matter how much you wanted to will Greco to get that first down in overtime the nose of the ball never touched the 15 yard line.  Look at the video, Greco's head touched it, but I thought O'Liar new the rules of football, the ball must cross the line not the man.  Oh well O'Liar isn't much for conventional rules, faking resumes, lying to reporters, whatever works for him.

• Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

These are all perfect examples of why USF should NEVER entertain the notion of playing UCF.  UCF fans are so blatenly jealous of us, and they just can not stand us being better then them.  It drives them crazy.  Really to the point of a sickness.  People calling a college kid's dad and threatening him?? Give me a break, what is wrong with people.  This is amateur football, the kid is a college kid, not a pro, not that even being a pro warrants death threats. 

It is obvious that UCF can't handle this series because they get too worked up about us being better then them, so why deal with that whole mess.  Cut the ties and be done with them.  In fact we should also cancel all athletic relations with them.  The only sport they even can beat us in is baseball. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,711
  • Days Won:  436

Absolutely nothing.

The culture won't change until they get into a BCS conference or play in a BCS bowl. Up until then they will be pissed that they are the epitome of "The Little Engine That Couldn't"...

Difference in the games in Georgia is that the teams were on the same level, or close. The second half, up until the mental letdown, showed when we had our heads in the game, it was no contest...

Archived