My views on the UCF trip

flsportsfan83

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

You're right... I did stay away from the memory mall tailgates... I was a visitor at their campus and had been warned not to go there... I'm not one to put myself in a bad situation in an area that I had been warned to stay away from... File that one under common sense 101. You lose the right to get pissed when people give you good advice and you don't choose to heed it...

We aren't talking about being pissed here, we're talking about fans... and last time I checked there were fans in the memory mall area... So, commenting on those fans shouldn't provoke you into insults, there, tiger. His observations are valid as to the fans' behavior, and I agree, they are dirtbags.

he sounds afraid

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

Regarding their faciilities, I'm not 100% sure of the set-up but they don't own a lot of that stuff. For example, the hoops arena was build by a developer who owns the facility and shops. UCF pays a management fee and collects some of the revenue. If you remember back in the day UCF put themselves in a lot of debt. I think USF doesn't want to do that. It seems that they are taking a pay-go approach. UCF had some nice facilities but I don't want to mortgage our future. Athletic departments these days are like companies. You have to run them similarly. What good are new facilities if we can't afford top coaches and other benefits.  We are getting there. I saw an article last week how Oklahoma's facilites were pretty bad and they were in debt up to their ears. Stoops came in and not only turned football around but the entire athletic department. Football can lift all ships. Keep filling Ray-jay and going to bowl games and we'll see things change as they have (new training facility, new soccer stadium) recently.

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

Once the new 1,000 dorms are built, I hear USF is demolishing the Andros complex and building something similar.

• Content Count:  10

Our tailgate ended up relocating because we had other friends tailgating at memory mall and we had beer thrown at us (including a couple of girls that were with us) and with us was a good friend of mine who graduated from UCF. a USF fan came over and started talking s*** to him so I stepped in. a fight almost broke out because of that, but the people with that other USF fan pulled him away. Later on a fight did break next to us where some UCF guy knocked out a USF fan and his eye was bleeding pretty bad. then some other dude (not sure if it was a USF or UCF fan, since he took his shirt off) started brawling then grabbed another friend of mine who was trying to break it up, put him in a headlock, and started punching him in the face (ended up going to the hospital needing stitches). Cops ended up finally coming and my buddy was going to press charges but the other guy's friends said our guy started it when we were saying otherwise so we were told all of our statements would just "cancel out".... however when the cops were talking to the other guy he was shaking his hand in pain, and said, and I quote "I don't remember who I was hitting".

To think, a year ago tomorrow I was tailgating in Auburn with their fans offering us beer instead of throwing it on us.

Glad we're done with this team and their fans

• Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  1

I walked through Memorial Mall and had no problems. Of course fans yelling f*** USF, bull****...but other than that, nothing bad at all (Although one comment that was yelled at me cracked me up...''USF has herpes''. Creative) I'm sure it would have been different if I tailgated there, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be

• Content Count:  2,514

That "City Walk" (or as I like to call it Main Street, Disney World) area?

Yeah it looks nice, but the businesses are not making the profits they expected.  Why? Because college students do not have the money to frivolously spend at a yuppie style pseudo downtown area.  Students spend money on two things:

• Beer
  • Food

in that order.  UCF thought people going to the games would mill around in that area.  Is not happening either.  That Disney World Main Street area is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.  You cannot fabricate a vibrant entertainment district; an entertainment district makes itself vibrant.

The UCF students hanging out in that area were major drunk jackasses.  Taunting and swearing at us when we walked through the area to get into the stadium.  Low class.

What is up with their lousy parking.  They close off every entrance to the campus?  How the hell do you get in there?  The useless State Troopers kept directing cars around in circles.  Those trooper must have been clowns who were rejected from UCF admissions, so the attended clown college and became cops.

• Content Count:  1,867

That "City Walk" was great! they did a great job with that, and we should hope that they build something that nice for our students in the future... Flat out, that campus was leaps and bounds above ours at this moment...

just my opinion...

Nation

• Content Count:  5,241

My friend had a handicap sticker, so we parked right next to the stadium, and walked around the stadium, trading trash talk with fans. Then we settled in the shade and tailgated near the box office.

Not bad at all since we parked so dang close.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

You're right... I did stay away from the memory mall tailgates... I was a visitor at their campus and had been warned not to go there... I'm not one to put myself in a bad situation in an area that I had been warned to stay away from... File that one under common sense 101. You lose the right to get pissed when people give you good advice and you don't choose to heed it...

We aren't talking about being pissed here, we're talking about fans... and last time I checked there were fans in the memory mall area... So, commenting on those fans shouldn't provoke you into insults, there, tiger. His observations are valid as to the fans' behavior, and I agree, they are dirtbags.

he sounds afraid

No  ::) just chose not to put myself in a bad situation when there were plenty of other alternatives... Plus the view of the "scenery" form the Barnes and Noble was fantastic  ;D and it had air conditioning, cheap food and drink and a high def tv showing the Wake Forest game and I ran into Mama Bull and had a great conversation.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  71

Ok here is some good to cast on everyones negative thoughts. We pulled onto campus, the Poloce where extremely friendly and helpful. Our USF tailgators greeted us almost right at the main entrance and that was awesome to see! We had a physically challenged individual with us and they let us drive all the way up to the Stadium. Then they allowed us to park in the 10K-15K donor level parking so he wouldnt have far to walk after the game. Very curtious. Almost all the fans where better than I ever remember. The ones that weren't well we just made them feel silly by being overly nice to them. Gee and dont you know it worked they started being polite and congratulating us. So for all you you that have problems with opposing fans, I say this to you. KILL THEM WITH KINDNESS!!!! Be like those Auburn fans we all loved and it will eventually be returned, that I can promise. Once in the Stadium it reminded me some of the Citrus Bowl but when we got to our seats I was not disappointed. The Shaking was kinda fun and its a REALLY LOUD PLACE! They have Energy that I wish we could harness more than we do. The seating spacing was very good. Didnt give that Cramp feeling like some of the older facilities. Over all except for that game almost giving me a heart attack, I would rate that experience a 9 out of 10. My entire group and I had a blast and to any UCF people reading this I say Thankyou.

Archived