please cut the kicker

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  112
  • Days Won:  0

Whats the problem with him and missing field goals over the last 2 years? Is there not a more suitable kicker anywhere on campus? Why don't we let Grothe kick, "He's a beast from the Big East"

Seriously, his Grothe rap is better than his kicking resume, maybe he should practice kicking instead of rapping during his free time.

Can anyone defend his game?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

I don't agree with bashing the kid, but do you people who are defending him truely believe that we don't have a kicker on this team who is better than 1 for 4?!

I thought he was 1 for 3, with a guy coming clean for a block? Having said that, it's time to try something else. That last fg was more than makeable and could have come back to haunt us big time ..

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

ah--- another brilliant statement from the smartest human being on the planet---

yes-- Let's cut our starting PUNTER.

jackass-- at least say what a knowledgeable fan might say-- FIND a new place kicker. You don't cut a good punter. I won't deny that this last kick was one of those-- You are a Goat or a Hero. But I alo don't know what we were doing-- we stop the clock with a pass into the dirt. You have 15 seconds left, a timeout, and atleast one more play you can run to get closer or even score. But we get a delay of game, supposedly on purpose-- and kick from further away.

I'm sorry but I do not understand anything we did in the last 4 minutes of this game.

Thankfully we won=== BUT now I gotta see assbag pollute the board for 5 days straight? Super.

The entire last 4 minutes did make no sense... I mean how do you even put Grothe in a position to throw that interception?  There was some discussion in the stands that USF didn't have any timeouts left and that the scoreboard was wrong.  With about 36 seconds left in the game the clock stopped, none of us could figure out why.  They then appeared to do some kind of review, measured for the first down, and put time back on the clock.  I couldn't hear the referee (i was sitting around the 40 yd line on the west side of the stadium).  I can't imagine we had any timeouts left, otherwise you at least take a shot or two at getting the ball further down field/into the end zone.

As far as who is the best kicker, i think there is a big difference between kicking in practice and kicking in game situations.  More so than any other position.  I have no doubt Delbert kicks the best in practice, but he just kills us and destroys momentum.  His kicks are coming out way to low.  I don't understand why his extra point attempts look so good - plenty high and most would be good from 35+ yds.  

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

if he goes back out to kick a field goal again leavitt has a problem....

i'm going to moes for his radio show and if they let us ask him questions im going to ask

"we are a top 25 team with no kicking game... are you going to give someone else a chance?"

• Content Count:  210

it depends on the kicker-- kicking in front of tousands of people is not something everyone can do

Love how the ESPN highlights are almost all UCF and they show ALVARDO--- pronounced-- according to ESPN AL-VAR-DOE (nice job clueless asshat). Terrible coverage of the game--- basically all you see is what happens in the last three minutes of the game/OT

That pretty much sums up my point. Some people can kick well in practice, but when they get in games in front of thousands of people, the pressure gets to them (apparantly like Alvarado). There are others that may not be the best, but the pressure makes them thrive. All we know is that Alvarado can't handle the pressure. We don't know about Bonani.

I found the ESPN coverage of the actual game to be pretty bad, and I am not suprised about their error in pronouncing a simple name. I agree about the highlights. ESPN also seems to have a wierd fascination for UCF, and I'm not sure exactly why. Because of Kevin Smith perhaps?

The broadcast was absolutely ridiculous. It was typical staged ESPN BS where they try and hype the underdog. They were trying to play our team off as the bad guys and it was sickening to listen to those announcers.

• Content Count:  883

There really is no reason to be bickering with each other.  It's nothing personal against Alvarado, but he simply has not performed on the field especially during the most crucial of moments.  It's time to look at some other options.  I agree with a bunch of you on that he is an excellent punter.  Definitely keep him doing that.

• Content Count:  66,121
  • Days Won:  172

we need a kicker that can kick in the games

alvarado has demonstrated time and again he cant kick during the games

who cares what he does in practice

he couldnt kick last year

• Content Count:  4,738

We are 0-3 in field goals. 

If we bring another guy in to kick one we will be doing no worse than we are now.  I think Alvarado would understand he has lost the right to be the field goal kicker.  If we replace him and the otherguy fails, Alvarado will know he has the chance to come back and prove himself.

You can't reward failure.

• Content Count:  416

You can't reward failure.

Well you can. You just shouldn't. Nothing personal towards alverado but if you can't or don't produce, you don't play.

Archived