please cut the kicker

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

This IS the dumbest arguement ever!  Listen, if my performance at my work starts slacking and I underperform, I GET FIRED!!!!!!!!  He is not getting it done.  He can't help it that he sucks.  But our coaching staff CAN put in someone else to kick.

Here's what I think, alvarado kicks really well in practice and out performs everyone then he plays in a game and his mind messes him up.  His confidence is shot, done.  Let him stick with punting.

Exactly.

coaches are not going to let a guy who isn't number one in practice, kick field goals during a game time situation.  if you can not kick in practice what makes the coaches think you are ready for game time action.  get a guy who beats out DA in practice and you will have your wish.  but in the mean time........stop ********.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Alvarado is horrible.  Why did we not go for another quick play before kicking the FG especially since we lost 5 yards for a delay of game penalty.  I still can't understand that penalty.  Very disappointing performance.

It was intentional.  Delbert has a strong leg, but lacks accuracy (obvious observation); therefore, Leavitt took the penalty to decrease the angle of the kick.  

You guys are getting way too emotional.

First of all...we won.  Second...none of you guys here could make that kick.  None of you.  I would bet my life's savings on it.  It's obvious to everyone, even Delbert, that he is not a place kicker, especially in clutch situations.  You could tell by his body language when the t.v. shows him on sidelines.  He is going over missing the kick in his head, rather making the kick.

Third and last...it doesn't mean you guys should trash the kid over and over.  Have some respect.  He is a fellow Bull, just like everyone here.  State the obvious, but perhaps with better taste.  

Oh yea, I COULD've made that kick...22 years ago. I was actually a kicker in H.S.. It really isn't as easy as it seems. That being said we should be able to find a kicker. Remember missing kicks cost FSU a shot at like 3 NC games. I hate to think that we may end up in the same situation. Special Teams in 1/3 of the team, we really should be better.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

This IS the dumbest arguement ever!  Listen, if my performance at my work starts slacking and I underperform, I GET FIRED!!!!!!!!  He is not getting it done.  He can't help it that he sucks.  But our coaching staff CAN put in someone else to kick.

Here's what I think, alvarado kicks really well in practice and out performs everyone then he plays in a game and his mind messes him up.  His confidence is shot, done.  Let him stick with punting.

Exactly.

coaches are not going to let a guy who isn't number one in practice, kick field goals during a game time situation.  if you can not kick in practice what makes the coaches think you are ready for game time action.  get a guy who beats out DA in practice and you will have your wish.   but in the mean time........stop ********.

we have nothing to lose.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

coaches are not going to let a guy who isn't number one in practice, kick field goals during a game time situation.  if you can not kick in practice what makes the coaches think you are ready for game time action.  get a guy who beats out DA in practice and you will have your wish.  but in the mean time........stop ********.

Chip...

Your line of reasoning has been answered already.

So, we'll feel free to continue ****ing.

• Content Count:  488

First of all...we won.  Second...none of you guys here could make that kick.  None of you.  I would bet my life's savings on it.  It's obvious to everyone, even Delbert, that he is not a place kicker, especially in clutch situations.  You could tell by his body language when the t.v. shows him on sidelines.  He is going over missing the kick in his head, rather making the kick.

:nope

Are you serious?

You're going to play that old card?

We're also not on scholarship to make kicks, son.

That is the weakest, most tired rebuttal.

That is my point.  No one would give you a scholarship, because you wouldn't come close to making the kick.  Or even come close to stepping on the field.  I'm not trying to offend you here, because I wouldn't be able to make that kick either.  So state the obvious, perhaps in better taste.  The guy is a fellow Bull.  Have some respect.  And it's just not you, but everyone else here that seems to know more or daydream that they can do better.

You have every right to critique a player or even to bad mouth one and calling for his head, because this is a beautiful country.  But doing the latter over and over is more truly weak and most tired...especially when you don't have the football resume to continue on trashing a kid trying to do his best.

And yes...he is on scholarship.  And he deserves it, because he is a much better kicker than you.

Yes, you would get fired.  But the difference here is that Delbert nor anyone else for that matter would be saying "You SUCK" for underperforming.  Have some humility and respect man.  

You DON'T KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE LOCKER ROOM OR ON THE FIELD.  I REPEAT:  YOU DON'T KNOW AND CAN'T DO BETTER.  State respectably what you know or can do yourself.  Trashing a fellow Bull who is bleeding green and gold for YOU is flat out disgraceful.  

• Content Count:  10,219

NOW please

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You DON'T KNOW WHAT GOES ON IN THE LOCKER ROOM OR ON THE FIELD.  I REPEAT:  YOU DON'T KNOW AND CAN'T DO BETTER.  State respectably what you know or can do yourself.  Trashing a fellow Bull who is bleeding green and gold for YOU is flat out disgraceful.  

:Asleep

Why bother posting that?

• Content Count:  1,297

Chip...

Your line of reasoning has been answered already.

So, we'll feel free to continue ****ing.

hey ***** way you little *****.

• Content Count:  10,219

Moderator,

Please cut Smazza...his rhetoric one-liners are continuously wide right.

crap beer came out my nose on that one...funny!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,265
  • Days Won:  438

:Asleep

Why bother posting that?

Why bother posting THAT? What makes his opinion any less postable than anyone elses?

Archived