please cut the kicker

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

it is ridiculous that we still cant make a field goal

If we had a better kicker, or one was ready for game time action..........don't you think we would have used him by now.

God Smazza why are you not coaching this team.  We would be 300-0.

sorry you lost $5

this kicker sucked last year

why didnt leavitt recruit a kicker?

mazza wouldnt allow alvarado attempt afield goal again this year

a mazza coached team covers the spread

i went undefeated one year as a coacj

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The way things are going, maybe not try a new kicker vs Kansas, but I think youi have to try something new following that game.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

That is my point.  No one would give you a scholarship, because you wouldn't come close to making the kick.  Or even come close to stepping on the field.  I'm not trying to offend you here, because I wouldn't be able to make that kick either.  So state the obvious, perhaps in better taste.  The guy is a fellow Bull.  Have some respect.  And it's just not you, but everyone else here that seems to know more or daydream that they can do better.

You have every right to critique a player or even to bad mouth one and calling for his head, because this is a beautiful country.  But doing the latter over and over is more truly weak and most tired...especially when you don't have the football resume to continue on trashing a kid trying to do his best.

And yes...he is on scholarship.  And he deserves it, because he is a much better kicker than you.

What's your standard?

I'm a much better kicker than my three-year-old niece...so does that qualify me for a scholarship?

Alvarado being a better kicker than me (great argument, by the way  ::) ) is not justification for a scholarship.

He ought to be compared to other D-1 kickers...and when you do THAT comparison, he is WOEFULLY inadequate.........Bull or not.

• Content Count:  1,165

Alvarado is horrible.  Why did we not go for another quick play before kicking the FG especially since we lost 5 yards for a delay of game penalty.  I still can't understand that penalty.  Very disappointing performance.

It was intentional.  Delbert has a strong leg, but lacks accuracy (obvious observation); therefore, Leavitt took the penalty to decrease the angle of the kick.  

You guys are getting way too emotional.

First of all...we won.  Second...none of you guys here could make that kick.  None of you.  I would bet my life's savings on it.  It's obvious to everyone, even Delbert, that he is not a place kicker, especially in clutch situations.  You could tell by his body language when the t.v. shows him on sidelines.  He is going over missing the kick in his head, rather making the kick.

Third and last...it doesn't mean you guys should trash the kid over and over.  Have some respect.  He is a fellow Bull, just like everyone here.  State the obvious, but perhaps with better taste.  

You are correct. Not one of us could make that kick. And not one of us has a scholarship to a BCS school as a kicker.  I can't speak for everyone, but I'm not trashing him, nor insulting him personally. I think most of us are upset that CJL is deciding to keep him starting. He's not a good punter, he's not a good kicker, and there's no excuse NOT to try somebody else.

• Content Count:  1,297

If we had a better kicker, or one was ready for game time action..........don't you think we would have used him by now.

That's just it , Chip.

No....no I don't think we're using the better kicker, because Coach Leavitt is loyal to a fault.

He is just convinced that Alvarado is going to snap out of this CAREER LONG funk he's in.

It's foolish....he's wrong, and I say that without hesitation.

Obviously, he's the coach, and what he decides will be what happens.

Doesn't mean he's right.

But, our best kicker is NOT being used.  And if Alvarado IS better than Bonani, Bonani DOES NOT DESERVE A SCHOLARSHIP.

i guess you need a multi million dollar pay roll as a BE coach.  Leavitt must be in the business to loss games on field goal tries.   Are you kidding me.  If Leavitt thought a kicker on his team was ready or better than DA then he would not hesitate to use him.  You are just being ridiculous if you think otherwise.

leavitt will be loyal too the vet player up to a point and then he makes a change........i.e. grother over PJ.  (and don't even tell me PJ was TOO hurt to play the rest of the season)  COME ON MAN!!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

And it's just not you, but everyone else here that seems to know more or daydream that they can do better.

Have you EVER seen anyone on this board that actually said THEY PERSONALLY could do better than any one of our players?

So that's not the issue here, is it?

See...what you've done here is created a straw man.

You make up what you want us to be saying, then criticize it.

Sorry, Charley.

Not gonna' fly here.

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

screw not letting him kick another field goal game this year. i would never allow him to kick another field goal again

• Content Count:  488

Moderator,

Please cut Smazza...his rhetoric one-liners are continuously wide right.

• Content Count:  873

First of all...we won.  Second...none of you guys here could make that kick.  None of you.  I would bet my life's savings on it.  It's obvious to everyone, even Delbert, that he is not a place kicker, especially in clutch situations.  You could tell by his body language when the t.v. shows him on sidelines.  He is going over missing the kick in his head, rather making the kick.

:nope

Are you serious?

You're going to play that old card?

We're also not on scholarship to make kicks, son.

That is the weakest, most tired rebuttal.

That is my point.  No one would give you a scholarship, because you wouldn't come close to making the kick.  Or even come close to stepping on the field.  I'm not trying to offend you here, because I wouldn't be able to make that kick either.  So state the obvious, perhaps in better taste.  The guy is a fellow Bull.  Have some respect.  And it's just not you, but everyone else here that seems to know more or daydream that they can do better.

You have every right to critique a player or even to bad mouth one and calling for his head, because this is a beautiful country.  But doing the latter over and over is more truly weak and most tired...especially when you don't have the football resume to continue on trashing a kid trying to do his best.

And yes...he is on scholarship.  And he deserves it, because he is a much better kicker than you.

This IS the dumbest arguement ever!  Listen, if my performance at my work starts slacking and I underperform, I GET FIRED!!!!!!!!  He is not getting it done.  He can't help it that he sucks.  But our coaching staff CAN put in someone else to kick.

Here's what I think, alvarado kicks really well in practice and out performs everyone then he plays in a game and his mind messes him up.  His confidence is shot, done.  Let him stick with punting.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

This IS the dumbest arguement ever!  Listen, if my performance at my work starts slacking and I underperform, I GET FIRED!!!!!!!!  He is not getting it done.  He can't help it that he sucks.  But our coaching staff CAN put in someone else to kick.

Here's what I think, alvarado kicks really well in practice and out performs everyone then he plays in a game and his mind messes him up.  His confidence is shot, done.  Let him stick with punting.

Exactly.

Archived