please cut the kicker

smazza

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

no reason not to try em.  have we made a field goal this season?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

we should have open tryouts for any student interested

• Content Count:  879

Bonani should be given a chance at least.  He couldn't do any worse...let him try.  Please!!!!

• Content Count:  1,297

it is ridiculous that we still cant make a field goal

If we had a better kicker, or one was ready for game time action..........don't you think we would have used him by now.

God Smazza why are you not coaching this team.  We would be 300-0.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If we had a better kicker, or one was ready for game time action..........don't you think we would have used him by now.

That's just it , Chip.

No....no I don't think we're using the better kicker, because Coach Leavitt is loyal to a fault.

He is just convinced that Alvarado is going to snap out of this CAREER LONG funk he's in.

It's foolish....he's wrong, and I say that without hesitation.

Obviously, he's the coach, and what he decides will be what happens.

Doesn't mean he's right.

But, our best kicker is NOT being used.  And if Alvarado IS better than Bonani, Bonani DOES NOT DESERVE A SCHOLARSHIP.

• Content Count:  1,165

Here's the thing....if Bonani REALLY isn't better than Alvarado at this point, he's not deserving of a scholarship.

But I don't buy that.

Bonani simply HAS TO BE better than Delbert at this point, because you just can't get any worse than #25.

Leavitt is just OBSESSED with being loyal to players...TO A FAULT.

You're correct.  Ronnie Banks, Pat Julmiste, left them in way too long.

Think about it. If Pat doesn't get injured against McNeese in 06, giving Grothe the opportunity for the comeback blowout to show his stuff, Grothe probably wouldn't have started until last year, would not have had the experience he had, may not have beat WVU, UL, or Auburn, and our program very well could be in a VERY, VERY different place right now

• Content Count:  66,116
  • Days Won:  172

it is ridiculous that we still cant make a field goal

God Smazza why are you not coaching this team.  We would be 300-0.

this kicker sucked last year

why didnt leavitt recruit a kicker?

mazza wouldnt allow alvarado attempt afield goal again this year

a mazza coached team covers the spread

i went undefeated one year as a coacj

• Content Count:  1,779

I respect Delbert Alvarado as an athlete but the coaching staffing may need to reconsider this place kicking situation. I've read that Bill Gramatica has been helping Alvarado but maybe he is beyond help.  He was brought on as a punter so let him focus on punting to become the best punter USF has ever had but reconsider the FG duties.  This year alone he has only hit 1 of 4 FGs.  It will be rather challenging to continue to win games if the FG kicking is unstable. A situation like this will continualy challenge the coaches decisons offensively, it will start to affect the players response to Delbert but most importantly it will start to affect Delbert himself.

• Content Count:  488

First of all...we won.  Second...none of you guys here could make that kick.  None of you.  I would bet my life's savings on it.  It's obvious to everyone, even Delbert, that he is not a place kicker, especially in clutch situations.  You could tell by his body language when the t.v. shows him on sidelines.  He is going over missing the kick in his head, rather making the kick.

:nope

Are you serious?

You're going to play that old card?

We're also not on scholarship to make kicks, son.

That is the weakest, most tired rebuttal.

That is my point.  No one would give you a scholarship, because you wouldn't come close to making the kick.  Or even come close to stepping on the field.  I'm not trying to offend you here, because I wouldn't be able to make that kick either.  So state the obvious, perhaps in better taste.  The guy is a fellow Bull.  Have some respect.  And it's just not you, but everyone else here that seems to know more or daydream that they can do better.

You have every right to critique a player or even to bad mouth one and calling for his head, because this is a beautiful country.  But doing the latter over and over is more truly weak and most tired...especially when you don't have the football resume to continue on trashing a kid trying to do his best.

And yes...he is on scholarship.  And he deserves it, because he is a much better kicker than you.

Archived