please cut the kicker

smazza

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

We are 0-3 in field goals. 

If we bring another guy in to kick one we will be doing no worse than we are now.  I think Alvarado would understand he has lost the right to be the field goal kicker.  If we replace him and the otherguy fails, Alvarado will know he has the chance to come back and prove himself.

You can't reward failure.

We are 1-3 on field goals so we could do worse ..... but we still need to give someome else a shot.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Greg's latest blog entry gives us some hope - talking about the delay of game penalty that backed us up five yards

"When it got back to the 25, I knew it wouldn't be a distance thing with Delbert, so it made it better for the angle, so it didn't bother me," Leavitt said. "I can't say I did that on purpose. I didn't. He just didn't hit the ball. We've got to find somebody that can hit the ball."

Alvarado, who missed a week of practice in August with a groin injury, hasn't had a good start, missing his only attempt against Tennessee-Martin from 46 yards. Add a block and a miss Saturday, and Leavitt will give a long look this week to other options, like true freshman Maikon Bonani of Lake Wales.

Again, I am more concerned wtih our punt and kick off coverage, as well as that play calling in the last 5 minutes.  We should beat UCF without a kicker.

• Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  0

Delbert stinks and so do all of you Delbert apologists...

Yeah, he is a scholarship player on a division one football team, but that doesn't mean he cant suck ass.

There are plenty of players all over the country who get a college scholarship to play college football and never set foot on a field.

Delbert sucks. It is time to move on.

• Content Count:  4,738

If we bring another guy in to kick one we will be doing no worse than we are now.  I think Alvarado would understand he has lost the right to be the field goal kicker.  If we replace him and the otherguy fails, Alvarado will know he has the chance to come back and prove himself.

We are 1-3 on field goals so we could do worse ..... but we still need to give someome else a shot.

1 for 4 then right? missed/blocked in the tenn- martin game and missed/blocked two in UCF game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

1 for 4 then right? missed/blocked in the tenn- martin game and missed/blocked two in UCF game

Right ... I fogrot to include first game. He's really only missed one but that was a makeable one he had to make .... Let's try the rookie. We can always go back to Delbert.

• Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Get this guy off the field before he costs us some games please. Terrible kicker.

Let's try the rookie. We can always go back to Delbert.

exactly.  the only thing that will be hurt is Delbert's pride.  With his performance my guess is that is already shot.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Right ... I fogrot to include first game. He's really only missed one but that was a makeable one he had to make .... Let's try the rookie. We can always go back to Delbert.

I think the blocks are mostly his fault too.. the ball is coming out so low, it really isn't a penetration issue so much as he has to get the ball up faster.

I think the blocks are mostly his fault too.. the ball is coming out so low, it really isn't a penetration issue so much as he has to get the ball up faster.

his approach seems like slow motion

• Content Count:  1,524
  • Days Won:  1

Bench Leavitt for playing favorites and not giving someone else a go at it. They couldnt do much worse.

Archived