Gary Patterson Media Quotes (USF excerpt))

Brad

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,423
  • Content Count:  98,311
  • Days Won:  490

Gary Patterson Media Luncheon Quotes

Sept. 28, 2004

(On the USF game): "I was disappointed we came up short at home. We have to find a way to get some confidence and we have to get ourselves healthy. I thought we played well on 80 of 92 plays on defense. The key is to play with confidence. That goes along with winning. It hurt not having someone like Mark Walker, but I never make excuses. To build a team, the next guy in has to make the play.

"I thought about going for two when we scored the second touchdown in overtime. We chose not to because we had the home crowd and thought it would go in our favor. I didn't think the PAT would be a problem. You can't look back and blame anyone. It came down to about eight plays, just like every game usually does. Last year, we had five three-point games and they all went in our favor. You can't get all the breaks, but I wish we had in this one.

"That's the second time I've lost one in overtime as a head coach. You feel helpless when you lose that way. You take field goals and extra points for granted sometimes.

"It's hard to win 10 or 11 games with 85 scholarships. If you're ever satisfied as a head coach you're in trouble. Gary Patterson and TCU have never gotten there."

(On the number of points TCU has given up this season): "It's frustrating for me being a defensive coach. I take pride in taking control of a game and being able to decide the outcome. I called some stuff against South Florida that got us into bad situations, but we've been on this table together and we won't change that. I go back to how we handle crisis. There's no finger pointing. Tye Gunn played more than he should have at Texas Tech and that shows the type of kids we have. Right now, many people are in shock because we haven't lost two in a row in a long time. We're trying to remedy things."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Over the last few years I've come to never taking field goals or extra points for granted.

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

what a cry baby

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

This year especially, extra points have not been a gimme in CFB.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

what a cry baby

How do you figure?  He's being interviewed.  He has to answer the questions asked.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I don't think he's whining at all.  He's saying you can't cry over spilled milk.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

He would've been lynched if he had tried a 2 pt conversion and failed.