Brett has us going 9-3

BULLfreak

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

the problem is Brett has some issue with USF and the trib is the "offical" paper of USF and that in its self is a problem.

official paper is a marketing/advertising thing.  has no effect on content.  any newspaper with any kind of sense is not going to allow advertising commitments to affect reporters stories.

im sure greg will tell you that when the st pete times was the official paper it didnt the change the way he reported.  just as the fact that the st pete times is no longer the official paper it hasnt changed the way he is reporting.

greg is just more of a fan friendly beat writer.  and he does a wonderful job.

brett seems like he scraps by with what he needs to.  but the stories that brett does are well written and offer the fans a completely different point of view from greg and thats why i think both are good for our program.  its like the ying vs the yang.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

cool. a subject most people actually agree with me on

• Content Count:  10,565

So the guy gives his opinion and gets blasted for it? I dislike him just as much as the rest of you, but there is nothing wrong with his prediction. The Cincinnati game will be real tough and so will the trip to Morgantown. We could very well be the underdog in both games. There are other tough games on the schedule where we could suffer an L (Kansas, @NC State).

9-3 with no Big East title will pretty much put us in the St. Pete Bowl.

I think we win in Morgantown and end up 10-2 with a Big East title.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

9-3 is well within the realm of possibility imo, but at the same time the sky is the limit with this team.

• Content Count:  12,293

9-3 is well within the realm of possibility imo, but at the same time the sky is the limit with this team.

yep.  i think in the back of everyone's mind we would be happy with 9-3 and a win the bowl game but we also know that this team CAN go 12-0 and win the title.

but there is also about 30 other teams that could do that.

thats why college football is so great.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

Brett seems to be close every year. Last year he said 9-3 and a Sun Bowl birth vs Oregon.

Man was he off last year.

• Content Count:  5,881

So the guy gives his opinion and gets blasted for it? I dislike him just as much as the rest of you, but there is nothing wrong with his prediction. The Cincinnati game will be real tough and so will the trip to Morgantown. We could very well be the underdog in both games. There are other tough games on the schedule where we could suffer an L (Kansas, @NC State).

this goes way back douchebag

• Content Count:  7,890

you know the Gator bowl has to take a Big East team this year? SO if we dont win the BE I say even at 9-3 (being that Cinny is 2nd and WVU is 1st) we are going to the Gator.

After watching the UConn game they have alot of work to do but then again I said the same about us last year after the Elon game.

• Content Count:  3,403

Brett seems to be close every year. Last year he said 9-3 and a Sun Bowl birth vs Oregon.

Man was he off last year.

You're telling me.  Why don't you people get off his back for a moment and realize he was exactly right last year.

Greg didn't pick us to win the Big East, either.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

you know the Gator bowl has to take a Big East team this year? SO if we dont win the BE I say even at 9-3 (being that Cinny is 2nd and WVU is 1st) we are going to the Gator.

After watching the UConn game they have alot of work to do but then again I said the same about us last year after the Elon game.

gator can take either b12 or Big East

Archived