student considering season tickets

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  37
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a senior and I bought my season tickets about a month ago. It felt so great getting them in the mail and knowing I'm locked in the lower bowl.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  9,789
  • Days Won:  9

If you're a student DON'T BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!

Just go to some soccer mens and womens and some volley ball games.

You should be able to out point everyone quickly.  No reason to spend the cash.

Sure you might not have issues getting student tickets now, but what about getting real tickets after graduation?  If you get them now (as I did when I was still in school) you are guaranteed your seats.  The seats you would pass up now WILL NOT be available next year.  Just purchase your seat(s) now and sell them to your parents/friends/neighbors who don't have tickets.  The seats I bought in '04... my butt hasn't seen any of the 4 of them since I bought them.

I'm with you on this one.  If you have the funds available now, but season tickets.  You can always increase your tickets next season, or sell the ones  you don't need this year.  But at least you are locked in with the rowdies of the Lower Bowl.  This is much more important to me rather than being stuck in the 300 Level with God knows who else.  It might not matter to you, but thats what it comes down to in my opinion.

• Content Count:  12,627
  • Days Won:  25

If you buy them now you get an early invitation to upgrade next year. You can tell your rep that if a certain section, or set of seats, comes open that you want them.

You also start building priorty points for the National Championship game!

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Buy now, and get 4 of them.  Then each year, sell two of them to another couple of friends. 

Then you will have the 4 on your account and will get ot keep the tix for yourself. 

• Content Count:  2,307

New Alums get a discount?  I didn't get one.  I joined the New Alumi Program which deals with donation amounts, but season tickets are not discounted.

BJHBAKXCGJJXZZL.20080608170730.gif

Yeah, they didn't have that deal when I signed up last year.  Wtft!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

Yeah, they didn't have that deal when I signed up last year.  Wtft!

Really? I bought last year and was able to get the Alumni deal...but that was during the season. What a great looking group of "alumni" they've got on that advertisement!  ;D

I purchased my tickets last season after the issues our group had at Elon. I was an alumni but still taking classes as I will likely do this year so could've gotten in for free. Having done it I'd say it's worth it if you can afford it...but for me all of my friends were already in the South Endzone anyways so that's where I wanted to be and the days of getting in as a student and getting into 125 are gone.

My seats were at the top of the section, but I kept in contact with my ticket rep during renewals and when 2 seats opened on the second row with my group I was able to get them before someone else did...they would've been gone if I hadn't been a ticket holder already. I also started building priority points and have locked into the 2 seats I have now. I also didn't have to go through the hassels of trying to get student tickets last year, which would've been impossible for me with my full time job. The only things I regret about buying season tickets as a student are waiting til last season and not getting them the first year my group started buying them and only getting 2 seats instead of 4. 

It got my season tickets as soon as they started selling them.  So I guess february 07 even though I graduated in summer.  That special was not out yet.  Next time I'll just wait til the last minute to get stuff, so I can get the good deals.  I kid, I kid.  But I figured early birds get the better prices...guess not.

Last year my seats were in the 2nd row of 125, right next to you guys, but I never sat there, my cousins or brother sat there.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  815

It got my season tickets as soon as they started selling them.  So I guess february 07 even though I graduated in summer.  That special was not out yet.  Next time I'll just wait til the last minute to get stuff, so I can get the good deals.  I kid, I kid.  But I figured early birds get the better prices...guess not.

Last year my seats were in the 2nd row of 125, right next to you guys, but I never sat there, my cousins or brother sat there.

did you move your seats this year? what seat numbers did you have?

They were at the end of the row.  You guys were in one end, my seats were at the other end.

I did move them this year.  I'm in 124 now with a group of friends.  Don't worry, we'll make sure to make lots of noise.

PS:  Weird that I used to sit behind you guys in 2003 when we were students....that was crazy fun, Shoop and them threw my sister up for push ups one year.  And even last year my cousins/brother told me you guys were pretty fun.  But like I said, 124 will be representin' too!

• Content Count:  2,277

She's in a big group of us now in the middle of 124.

Archived