student considering season tickets

cmhatter

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,277
  • Days Won:  0

I graduated in '05 and got season tix while I was still a student my senior year (the '04 football season).  I am really glad I did that because I am now locked in.  I now have a 2nd set of tickets and several people around us are actually students that decided to purchase tickets because they didn't want to wait till they graduated and there's nothing left.  If there are still tickets available in the south endzone (I know 124 and 125 are sold out) then I would hit that up RIGHT NOW!  Just think of it as an investment.  I actually wish I got more tickets than I have because now to add more seats some people would have to not renew their seats for me to get them.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  406

I would match up with some friends and pony up the $$$$. 

If you get a few friends to jump in with you it will cut the cost.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I hated sitting in the south endzone. If I ever tried standing up during a 3rd down when our d was on the field or offense was close to the endzone everyone would yell at me. I just ignored them. There were some cool people that I met during the UCF game and WVU game last year. I sat there for 4 years while I was in high school because the football coach would always get me tickets even though I wasnt on the team. I'm glad I'll be sitting in the student section.

The South Endzone has changed for the better. We had the same problem at the Elon game last year, where the people behind us were complaining because we were standing. They even tried to throw people from our group out and when asked for the reason the response was "you were standing". Since we're all season ticket holders and the people complaining obviously weren't there were quite a few phone calls made and we never had a problem the rest of the season.

Now the ticket reps have been referring new season ticket holders who want a rowdy, student section type atmosphere to the South Endzone. Its gonna be a crazy season on the South Side, especially since we're going to be louder and more rowdy than the kids to the North.  ;)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894

I graduated in '05 and got season tix while I was still a student my senior year (the '04 football season).  I am really glad I did that because I am now locked in.  I now have a 2nd set of tickets and several people around us are actually students that decided to purchase tickets because they didn't want to wait till they graduated and there's nothing left.  If there are still tickets available in the south endzone (I know 124 and 125 are sold out) then I would hit that up RIGHT NOW!  Just think of it as an investment.  I actually wish I got more tickets than I have because now to add more seats some people would have to not renew their seats for me to get them.

I believe that 126 is sold out as well. With the new loyalty points system going into effect and having friends who always ask about tickets the week of the game, I went ahead and got 3 extra tickets in 126 about a month ago and I believe we've sold at least 1000 more season tickets since then.

• Content Count:  1,725

I'll believe it when I see it. I couldnt even tell you the number of times we had people try to call security on us because we were standing. IT'S A FREAKING FOOTBALL GAME NOT A POLO MATCH.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

If you're a student DON'T BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!

Just go to some soccer mens and womens and some volley ball games.

You should be able to out point everyone quickly.  No reason to spend the cash.

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

I'm  not at all worried about the ten martin game I'm def worried about the rest

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

however when you finish school you may be stuck in the 300 level.

• Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I'm  not at all worried about the ten martin game I'm def worried about the rest

That's the thing, go to the other events using your student ID.  The points from Soccer and Volleyball should get you points.  Not 8,000 students are going to go to these events.  I'd be surprised if 500 went to the soccer games.

Just go to the games and you'll be set.

First chance is on friday:

Fri, Aug 29  WVB  Grambling

USF Invitational  TAMPA  7:00 P.M.   

Sat, Aug 30  WVB  Eastern Kentucky

USF Invitational  TAMPA  1:00 P.M. 

All sport schedule

however when you finish school you may be stuck in the 300 level.

This may be the only reason to get season tickets now.  If USF keeps up it's current pace you might get crappy seats, but I remember being a poor student.  I'd rather donate for better seats later and save the cash now.  It's not like the 5-10 priority points from a few seasons of football is going to matter very long once you start donating.

• Content Count:  2,277

Sure you might not have issues getting student tickets now, but what about getting real tickets after graduation?  If you get them now (as I did when I was still in school) you are guaranteed your seats.  The seats you would pass up now WILL NOT be available next year.  Just purchase your seat(s) now and sell them to your parents/friends/neighbors who don't have tickets.  The seats I bought in '04... my butt hasn't seen any of the 4 of them since I bought them.

Archived