Aqib Talib Billboard

CRAZYBULL1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Do Gator alumni boo Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn at Bucs games? 

Probably not--but it wouldn't surprise me if they would if either were to make an appearance at the Swamp. No one's said anything about booing him at a Bucs game. He can be your best friend come Sunday. But on Saturday, in OUR house (and yes, I know it's both teams' home stadium, but at a Bulls game it's the Bulls house) repping for the other team WILL get you booed.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219

boo!

why?

this is history, but beat KU!

• Content Count:  3,827

Has anyone me

Has anyone seen the Aqib Talib billboards in LOT 7?  I'm sure you will see it by Sept. 12th. How great will that be to promote a Kansas alumni at our home field. 

Especially, since they snubbed Mike Jenkins.

Completely overlooking that he's better than Mike Jenkins...

• Content Count:  6,762
  • Days Won:  19

Hell... I'll boo Aqib... and fwiw, I boo every gator regardless if they luck out and get on one of my favorite sports team. I hate Emmitt Smith with a passion. There was a loser from UF that played with the Nationals before being traded to Texas that I booed every time he came up to bat. I am true to my school. If I see the Aqib sign in my tailgate area, I'll probably take a leak on it! USF pride comes before all other pride... especially a second rate team like the Bucs (who have no respect for fellow Bulls - see Andre Hall, DeAndrew Rubin, Mike Jenkins).

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Has anyone me

Has anyone seen the Aqib Talib billboards in LOT 7?  I'm sure you will see it by Sept. 12th. How great will that be to promote a Kansas alumni at our home field. 

Completely overlooking that they LIED to Mike Jenkins.

Bucs GM To Jenkins: “We’ll Take Youâ€

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Apr 26, 2008 at 09:10 PM

Updated Apr 27, 2008 at 01:15 AM

BRADENTON - Spent some time with University of South Florida cornerback Mike Jenkins Saturday after he become the Bulls’ first NFL first-round draft pick. And Jenkins confirmed a Tampa Tribune/TBO report earlier this afternoon that the Bucs said they would take him if he was available.

On Thursday, Bucs GM Bruce Allen and Jenkins sat together at a table, enjoying lunch at the Hip Hop Soda Shop on Fowler Avenue.

Allen did not mince his words.

“He said definitely if you’re there at No. 20, we’ll take you,†Jenkins said.

So when the Bucs’ pick came up Saturday and Jenkins was available, Jenkins was shocked when the Bucs opted for Kansas CB Aqib Talib.

“I was definitely surprised,†Jenkins said. “I was disappointed.â€

Jenkins went five picks later to the Dallas Cowboys.

• Content Count:  3,103

Boo that man! BOO HIM!

Boo him on Saturday and then cheer him on Sunday?  That doesn't make sense.  He is a Buc now. He's part of the family.

A part of what family?  The Glazer family that raised the price of sodas to $6.75?

No thanks.

The Bucs only tolerate USF because the Bulls help line the Glazers' greedy pockets.

The Tampa Bay sports cumminty/family.  He is on the Bucs now.  Not sure why you hate the Glazers so much, but he is a Buc now.  Do Gator alumni boo Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn at Bucs games? 

This doesn't make any sense.  He went to Kansas, big deal. That's not even a rival to begin with.  I just don't understand.

not all Tampa Bay residents are not Buc fans, when i attended USF i hated the Bucs and would never root for them and still don't, to all of you who want to boo, go ahead and boo, it is a free country after all

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

Has anyone me

Completely overlooking that they LIED to Mike Jenkins.

Bucs GM To Jenkins: “We’ll Take Youâ€

Posted By Brett McMurphy at Apr 26, 2008 at 09:10 PM

Updated Apr 27, 2008 at 01:15 AM

BRADENTON - Spent some time with University of South Florida cornerback Mike Jenkins Saturday after he become the Bulls’ first NFL first-round draft pick. And Jenkins confirmed a Tampa Tribune/TBO report earlier this afternoon that the Bucs said they would take him if he was available.

On Thursday, Bucs GM Bruce Allen and Jenkins sat together at a table, enjoying lunch at the Hip Hop Soda Shop on Fowler Avenue.

Allen did not mince his words.

“He said definitely if you’re there at No. 20, we’ll take you,†Jenkins said.

So when the Bucs’ pick came up Saturday and Jenkins was available, Jenkins was shocked when the Bucs opted for Kansas CB Aqib Talib.

“I was definitely surprised,†Jenkins said. “I was disappointed.â€

Jenkins went five picks later to the Dallas Cowboys.

And Allen categorically denied saying that, with witnesses....... for whatever that's worth.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,712
  • Days Won:  436

Boo that man! BOO HIM!

Boo him on Saturday and then cheer him on Sunday?  That doesn't make sense.  He is a Buc now. He's part of the family.

A part of what family?  The Glazer family that raised the price of sodas to $6.75?

No thanks.

The Bucs only tolerate USF because the Bulls help line the Glazers' greedy pockets.

The Tampa Bay sports cumminty/family.  He is on the Bucs now.  Not sure why you hate the Glazers so much, but he is a Buc now.  Do Gator alumni boo Derrick Brooks and Warrick Dunn at Bucs games? 

This doesn't make any sense.  He went to Kansas, big deal. That's not even a rival to begin with.  I just don't understand.

not all Tampa Bay residents are not Buc fans, when i attended USF i hated the Bucs and would never root for them and still don't,

Hope you don't mind but I edited your quote with a strikethrough to make it what I think you meant to say. That is the thing that some don't get. USF students come from all over the US, and world for that matter, so you can't expect them all to be Tampa Bay pro sports fans.

to all of you who want to boo, go ahead and boo, it is a free country after all

I'm still trying to figure out WHEN they're going to boo him ....   ;)

Archived