MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,669
  • Days Won:  25

If a player comes into the season out of shape, what's the reason?

I know that Ford was out of football for a while and it takes time to get into "football" shape. I also know that the game he came back to was much faster than anything he'd ever played before.

My point is that elite players have an elite desire to be the best. From what I've read, and has been written, Ford had not made that commitment as of the beginning of camp.

Just like cutting class last year, some people need stronger reminders of whats expected.

I don't think anyone will argue the point of who's the best running back.

I also don't think that just because someone has a God given talent that ANYTHING should just be handed to them.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  75,902
  • Days Won:  436

Leavitt has a personal beef with ford.

Wow ..... This makes some of your Rays stuff look Einstein-like.

Leavitt's not going to play the players in situations that gives us the best chance to win because he has a personal "beef" with a player..... just wow.

the coaches... have a problem with ford... that is not a joke that is REALITY.

A problem is not the same as a "personal beef". Personal beef implies that it's not football or school related, which is stupid beyond words to think.

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

Leavitt's not going to play the players in situations that gives us the best chance to win because he has a personal "beef" with a player..... just wow.

A problem is not the same as a "personal beef". Personal beef implies that it's not football or school related, which is stupid beyond words to think.

they personally believe he is lazy

That's not a personal beef, that's a football beef....

regardless of what kind of "beef" it is i think its a problem. He has the additute "I know im the best and the coaches need me to win games so they will put me in".

don't get me wrong i love mike ford... i have one under armor USF jersey and thats a white #26... I'm just letting everyone know what is actually happening at camp/practice.

regardless of what kind of "beef" it is i think its a problem. He has the additute "I know im the best and the coaches need me to win games so they will put me in".

don't get me wrong i love mike ford... i have one under armor USF jersey and thats a white #26... I'm just letting everyone know what is actually happening at camp/practice.

Not really arguing with you. What you say sounds plausible. I was just laughing at the ludicrous thought that someone else thinks it's "personal" between Leavitt and Mike and not football related...

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Are you a coach on the team that gets to see him in practice?  All this crap about "he doesn't try hard,"  WHERE IS THE PROOF?  These are rumors going around based on heresay.  He needs to work on blocking.  So what.  Line him up in a single back set and run it through the defense!

Are you a coach on the team that gets to see him in practice?  All this crap about "he doesn't try hard,"  WHERE IS THE PROOF?  These are rumors going around based on heresay.  He needs to work on blocking.  So what.  Line him up in a single back set and run it through the defense!

call it heresay if u'd like, i know players on the team and they tell me cuz i always ask about ford.

• Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

singabull, this is a warning.  You haven't done it yet, but you will not talk about USF players, coaches, or staff the way you speak about the Rays' players.  You can discuss their performance, but you can not call them names or belittle them.

Bravo.  Give a kid a break that is giving his all to entertain you with no pay in return!  Ford will get his carries and leave it at that.

He gets a free education.  That will get him a good job when he graduates.  That is more than enough for running 3 yards a carry.  Heck, jake griffin could run 3 yards a carry.

OK, what a brilliant post from a generally witless poster.  Have you watched him block at all.  The snot knocking blocks he layed down, how about his big time catch and run against WVU.  Again, Ford will get his carries, but hearing witless punks like you disrespect players, and act like Ford can do whatever he wants, and still get the ball is galling and annoying to no end.

The coaches want to win more than you, trust me on this one, their jobs are on the line, while you can continue being a witless poster.  Why in the world would they not play Ford?  They won't, and they've told you and others that a multitude of times.  BUT, because Ford doesn't get it all yet, there are formations and series where he cannot play.  Your gay little beef is with Mike Ford, not the coaches, or Ben Williams.  Ben will come in when the situations dictate.  Only an ass-hole will boo in those situations but they don't have a clue what's going on on the field.  The only games where Ford didn't get at least 10 carries last year were the first game (DUH), his suspended game (when Ben covered our asses), and when he was nursing bruised ribs.  Those games aside, Ford got his carries so get off your ignorant high-horse already.

You actually sound like you want Ford to play even if he doesn't know the play.  What sense does that make? 

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Our primary offensive weapon is Matt Grothe.  Undeniable.

Ben blocks better than any other back.  Undeniable.

Our most productive running play is a quarter back draw.  Undeniable.

The running back is the lead blocker on that play.  Ben should start.  Mike will get more carries, but Ben will be involved in more plays.  The play count dictates that our backs are more often used as blockers on QB running plays or passing plays than ball carriers.  I want our best blocker in there.  I want our best running back to carry the ball.

In summery, let's compromise...Ben can start and Mike will get more carries.

Archived