MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  75,861
  • Days Won:  436

Leavitt has a personal beef with ford.

Wow ..... This makes some of your Rays stuff look Einstein-like.

Leavitt's not going to play the players in situations that gives us the best chance to win because he has a personal "beef" with a player..... just wow.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  66,121
  • Days Won:  172

Hopefully the bulls will get smart and give the ball to our good RB...MIKE FORD!  And not mr. run up the middle right in to a defensive lineman ben williams.

Ben williams is the ronnie banks of running backs here.  I hate that guy.  He can block, that's all.

is ford still #3

IF SO HE WILL NOT  get many touches

Hopefully the bulls will get smart and give the ball to our good RB...MIKE FORD!  And not mr. run up the middle right in to a defensive lineman ben williams.

Ben williams is the ronnie banks of running backs here.  I hate that guy.  He can block, that's all.

I guess you missed all those games where he saved our asses. The Papa Johns Bowl and FAU to name a few. I swear what is wrong with have two or three good running backs that can run the ball.

Personally I think Ford has the tools to may be the best but he has to show the coaching staff and RIGHT now Taylor and Williams are our most complete backs. They can catch, run, and block (i.e. pick up the blitz something ford has not shown he can do.) Being rated a five star PROSPECT doesnt mean Ford is going to be given the starting spot and from what I have been told IF he would have worked his tail off like the other backs did in the offseason than he would be the starter but he didn't. I want a back that will bust his ass for the team all year not just when the season comes around. Just ask anyone who played for CJL if you dont bust you tail in the offseason than its not going to be easy for you to start. I.E. Chris Robinson.

Freak

elite backs dont have this type of drama

they play and produce

ford will not be at usf long if he doesnt get the **** ball

Leavitt has a personal beef with ford.

Wow ..... This makes some of your Rays stuff look Einstein-like.

Leavitt's not going to play the players in situations that gives us the best chance to win because he has a personal "beef" with a player..... just wow.

call it what you like

he doesnt play best players until forced to

Give it a break. We have 4 great running backs - Ford, Plancher, Taylor, and Williams.  Not to mention the 5th Grothe.  We will get 4 backs with 700 yards minimum this season.  The Bulls have committed to the "Run" but don't tell anyone.

Bulls rock.

Unless we run like Navy last year (coach went to Georgia Tech), I don't think it's possible to get 4 guys over 700 yards rushing.  They had 4 guys over 600, but only 2 over 700.  They also had 3 other guys near 500.  However, they averaged 50 more rushing yards per game than any other team in the nation and only passed for 1200 yards.  With grothe passing over 2500, I doubt that's possible...just sayin.

I'd rather have Ford over 1,000 and Grothe about where he was last year, just with fewer carries and fewer sacks to even out the yards.  Last year we passed for 3,000 and rushed for 2,400.  If our offense is better this year we could have the other RBs get another 1000 yards or so without sacrificing the passing attack.  Last year the "rest of the guys" had about that much anyway.  I expect B-Will to get fewer carries and Taylor to get more.  We'll see, I guess.

oh, and the starter of this thread is way off.

never happen

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,170
  • Days Won:  29

...  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed ...

It's okay to have your weak opinion, but they are  far from facts.

Williams was our 4th leading receiver(catches) last season.

Ford was 4th ... from the bottom with 2.

So of the 3 main factors of a RB's performance, Ford had 1 and Williams had 2 by your own admission.

And since many of us are trying to educate you, last year was LAST YEAR! I think the coaches used Ford well as a FR and have no doubt they will use him up to his ability again in 2008. Which is why I expect a 1,000 yard season from him.

Go BULLS !!!

Running the ball is the most important thing a RB does.  Just send in mike ford and tell him where to run.  Have you seen him run mr. nay-sayer?  The dude knocks people down and drags defenders down the field.  Ben williams runs forward, gets tapped on the shoulder and falls to the ground. 

You lose credibility each time you post ... First of all, you need to "watch" more USF football instead of rolling your eyes when BBQ gets the ball.

I have seen Ford run, have you read my posts ? I posted many times ackowledging that Ford leads Williams in the 3 things that are most important to you. And I have no worries about him getting the ball and getting 1,000 plus yards. Now where am I the nay-sayer ? Please use your brain and not your ignorance.

LMAO ... you acknowledge that Williams is the best blocker, but don't ealize from "watching" that he pushes people over ?

Go BULLS !!!

Why are you hating on Ben Williams?

The coaches are not stupid...with Ford talent if he could consiatntlt block and be part of the game.

Because ben williams sucks and has had 2 good games in his career at usf.  And because he's the easiest guy to tackle on the team.  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed (except for blocking. 

You people can like a guy because he works hard and is nice but the fact is, he doesn't produce.  Please show me a game where he has been a major factor (ok against the amazing fau team but that's it). 

And some of you refer to mike ford as not working hard.  How?  Are you attending every practice?  Was he not working hard on all those goal line plays as he drags guys in to the endzone with him?  Is he not working hard with all the yards after contact he gets, always falling forward.

MIKE FORD > ben williams

FACT 

forget it ben is leavitt's boy

he will play no matter what

...  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed ...

It's okay to have your weak opinion, but they are  far from facts.

Williams was our 4th leading receiver(catches) last season.

Ford was 4th ... from the bottom with 2.

So of the 3 main factors of a RB's performance, Ford had 1 and Williams had 2 by your own admission.

And since many of us are trying to educate you, last year was LAST YEAR! I think the coaches used Ford well as a FR and have no doubt they will use him up to his ability again in 2008. Which is why I expect a 1,000 yard season from him.

Go BULLS !!!

Running the ball is the most important thing a RB does.  Just send in mike ford and tell him where to run.  Have you seen him run mr. nay-sayer?  The dude knocks people down and drags defenders down the field.  Ben williams runs forward, gets tapped on the shoulder and falls to the ground. 

You lose credibility each time you post ... First of all, you need to "watch" more USF football instead of rolling your eyes when BBQ gets the ball.

I have seen Ford run, have you read my posts ? I posted many times ackowledging that Ford leads Williams in the 3 things that are most important to you. And I have no worries about him getting the ball and getting 1,000 plus yards. Now where am I the nay-sayer ? Please use your brain and not your ignorance.

LMAO ... you acknowledge that Williams is the best blocker, but don't ealize from "watching" that he pushes people over ?

Go BULLS !!!

the best running back should be playing running back position

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,170
  • Days Won:  29

sMAZZA and singabull ... classic posts of ignorance ...

Why does Leavitt keep a player on his roster that he doesn't want to play ? It takes up a scholly for a kid he "likes" that can't contribute  ::)

... and sMAZZA doesn't give up that PJ got a simple bruised thigh and Grothe came in AS PLANNED, just a few plays/drives ahead of schedule. Wond why Leavitt didn't bring PJ back ?

Sad part is that these stupid posts will continue through the season, but I'll be too busy to bother ... updating record threads and ranting on overly positive thoughts of an undefeated season - the audacity of hype ;D

Go BULLS !!!

• Content Count:  1,805
  • Days Won:  0

We had four running backs play last year and while Jamar and Aston didnt play a lot of minutes they each made their own contributions. Ford is a sophmore. He has time to learn and develope. Ben will be gone after this year. Give it a rest. Williams just works his as s off. Everyone will get carries this year. The most important thing is that we win.

Archived