MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

What have you donated to athletics ?

Some may want to judge you personally on your budget.

i completely disagree with a post like this from singabull (much like i do with all of his posts)

but ET. come on with this "what have you donated?" BS already.  how much money you give the university has absolutely NO barring on the validity of someone's opinion (on a message board none the less)

i am a donor myself, but because someone is not a donor doesn't mean my only response to their opinion is "oh you didnt give any money; what you say doesnt matter"

i appreciate that donating money to USF is very important to you but do not try and belittle someone every chance you get because they do not give money and you do.

that, in my DONOR opinion, if very poor taste.

Bravo!  To say the dude is judgemental is being very polite. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

Nobody gets the starting job based on their name and star rankings. 

i don't think anybody wants Mike to get the starting job based on his name and star rankings...  they want him to get the starting job based on his performance on the field last season as a true freshman, in which he led all RBs in rushing yards and TDs, even though he only played in 12 games [missed FAU, i believe] and was second fiddle to Ben.

You can't just give a guy the starting job based on what he did last year! I believe in CJL and our other coaches enough to believe if they thought that Mike was deserving of being our #1 back based on the job that he has done this past spring and summer that he would be listed as #1! We don't know what they see or what their game plan is. Lets just wait and see!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  38,687
  • Days Won:  35

Don't hate a guy that sweats, breathes, and bleeds USF football. Ford would be All American if he put in HALF the effort that Ben does.

I can hate him all I want.  He flat out sucks at running.

i completely disagree with a post like this from singabull (much like i do with all of his posts)

but ET. come on with this "what have you donated?" BS already.  how much money you give the university has absolutely NO barring on the validity of someone's opinion (on a message board none the less)

i am a donor myself, but because someone is not a donor doesn't mean my only response to their opinion is "oh you didnt give any money; what you say doesnt matter"

i appreciate that donating money to USF is very important to you but do not try and belittle someone every chance you get because they do not give money and you do.

that, in my DONOR opinion, if very poor taste.

Did you even read my post ? I have never judged ... he is bashing a player for giving his best and SOME may want to bash him for not donating enough.

Not me.

• Content Count:  12,711
  • Days Won:  25

So if a 4 star player comes in and plays hard 1/2 the time he should be the starter over anyone else with fewer stars?

Fumble here, fumble there, oops missed that black and got the QB sacked, oh well. He's still got stars so we have to leave him in the game. Just in case he uses some of that talent this time.

IT DON'T WORK THAT WAY.

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

Don't hate a guy that sweats, breathes, and bleeds USF football. Ford would be All American if he put in HALF the effort that Ben does.

I can hate him all I want.  He flat out sucks at running.

Haven't donated but have given enough money to the university between mine and my wife's combined 5 degrees.

...  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed ...

It's okay to have your weak opinion, but they are  far from facts.

Williams was our 4th leading receiver(catches) last season.

Ford was 4th ... from the bottom with 2.

So of the 3 main factors of a RB's performance, Ford had 1 and Williams had 2 by your own admission.

And since many of us are trying to educate you, last year was LAST YEAR! I think the coaches used Ford well as a FR and have no doubt they will use him up to his ability again in 2008. Which is why I expect a 1,000 yard season from him.

Go BULLS !!!

Running the ball is the most important thing a RB does.  Just send in mike ford and tell him where to run.  Have you seen him run mr. nay-sayer?  The dude knocks people down and drags defenders down the field.  Ben williams runs forward, gets tapped on the shoulder and falls to the ground. 

• Content Count:  12,293

Haven't donated but have given enough money to the university between mine and my wife's combined 5 degrees.

how did your wife get 4.9 degrees?

Guys, Leavitt is not trying to sabotage the season.

He's giving the guy who EARNED it the starting position.  Nobody gets the starting job based on their name and star rankings.  If they did, Carlton Hill would be our starting QB right now.

Deal with it.

Earned?  I doubt it.  Leavitt has a personal beef with ford.  You can worship leavitt all you want but the fact is, mike ford is a hell of a lot better than ben (try watching some game footage and you will be able to comprehend that).

how did your wife get 4.9 degrees?

Yes because it's possible to get 0.1 degree.  Look, I didnt go to ucf.

So if a 4 star player comes in and plays hard 1/2 the time he should be the starter over anyone else with fewer stars?

Fumble here, fumble there, oops missed that black and got the QB sacked, oh well. He's still got stars so we have to leave him in the game. Just in case he uses some of that talent this time.

IT DON'T WORK THAT WAY.

How does he play hard half the time?  By fumbling?  Those are mental mistakes, it doesnt mean he doesnt work hard

Archived