MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  38,687
  • Days Won:  35

Hopefully the bulls will get smart and give the ball to our good RB...MIKE FORD!  And not mr. run up the middle right in to a defensive lineman ben williams.

Ben williams is the ronnie banks of running backs here.  I hate that guy.  He can block, that's all.

::)

Ford got more carries, yards TD's than any other RB - as a FR, Ford dictates his destiny.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't hate a guy that sweats, breathes, and bleeds USF football. Ford would be All American if he put in HALF the effort that Ben does.

I can hate him all I want.  He flat out sucks at running.

What have you donated to athletics ?

Some may want to judge you personally on your budget.

...  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed ...

It's okay to have your weak opinion, but they are  far from facts.

Williams was our 4th leading receiver(catches) last season.

Ford was 4th ... from the bottom with 2.

So of the 3 main factors of a RB's performance, Ford had 1 and Williams had 2 by your own admission.

And since many of us are trying to educate you, last year was LAST YEAR! I think the coaches used Ford well as a FR and have no doubt they will use him up to his ability again in 2008. Which is why I expect a 1,000 yard season from him.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

What have you donated to athletics ?

Some may want to judge you personally on your budget.

i completely disagree with a post like this from singabull (much like i do with all of his posts)

but ET. come on with this "what have you donated?" BS already.  how much money you give the university has absolutely NO barring on the validity of someone's opinion (on a message board none the less)

i am a donor myself, but because someone is not a donor doesn't mean my only response to their opinion is "oh you didnt give any money; what you say doesnt matter"

i appreciate that donating money to USF is very important to you but do not try and belittle someone every chance you get because they do not give money and you do.

that, in my DONOR opinion, if very poor taste.

• Content Count:  21,605
  • Days Won:  10

...  And because he doesn't factor in to the offense moving the ball down the filed ...

It's okay to have your weak opinion, but they are  far from facts.

Williams was our 4th leading receiver(catches) last season.

Ford was 4th ... from the bottom with 2.

So of the 3 main factors of a RB's performance, Ford had 1 and Williams had 2 by your own admission.

And since many of us are trying to educate you, last year was LAST YEAR! I think the coaches used Ford well as a FR and have no doubt they will use him up to his ability again in 2008. Which is why I expect a 1,000 yard season from him.

Go BULLS !!!

Relays Matt and Singabull.  Ford will run, Williams will run and so will Taylor and Kelly.  I think the running back that will do the best is the one who does not drop the ball and gets the most yards and you will see the coaches utilize that player more as the season goes on.  We also need a running back that can become a receiver on plays and a blocker.  Those are critical skills and right now Williams based on last year was the most rounded in experience, but I think you will start to see Ford, Taylor, and Kelly show more skills.

Prediction:

Taylor will run for 500 yards this year and really take the load off Grothe

Ford will run for 1000 and will be are primary back

Williams will be a passing and blocking back and will get 250 on receptions and be instrumental in pass protection and screens

Kelly will be our goal line back.  5 touchdowns.

• Content Count:  3,403

Give it a break. We have 4 great running backs - Ford, Plancher, Taylor, and Williams.  Not to mention the 5th Grothe.  We will get 4 backs with 700 yards minimum this season.  The Bulls have committed to the "Run" but don't tell anyone.

Bulls rock.

Unless we run like Navy last year (coach went to Georgia Tech), I don't think it's possible to get 4 guys over 700 yards rushing.  They had 4 guys over 600, but only 2 over 700.  They also had 3 other guys near 500.  However, they averaged 50 more rushing yards per game than any other team in the nation and only passed for 1200 yards.  With grothe passing over 2500, I doubt that's possible...just sayin.

I'd rather have Ford over 1,000 and Grothe about where he was last year, just with fewer carries and fewer sacks to even out the yards.  Last year we passed for 3,000 and rushed for 2,400.  If our offense is better this year we could have the other RBs get another 1000 yards or so without sacrificing the passing attack.  Last year the "rest of the guys" had about that much anyway.  I expect B-Will to get fewer carries and Taylor to get more.  We'll see, I guess.

oh, and the starter of this thread is way off.

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Guys, Leavitt is not trying to sabotage the season.

He's giving the guy who EARNED it the starting position.  Nobody gets the starting job based on their name and star rankings.  If they did, Carlton Hill would be our starting QB right now.

Deal with it.

• Content Count:  5,279
  • Days Won:  2

Nobody gets the starting job based on their name and star rankings. 

i don't think anybody wants Mike to get the starting job based on his name and star rankings...  they want him to get the starting job based on his performance on the field last season as a true freshman, in which he led all RBs in rushing yards and TDs, even though he only played in 12 games [missed FAU, i believe] and was second fiddle to Ben.

that said, i'm not a Ben Williams hater.  i love the guy.  he IS talented, and is a far more well-rounded player than Mike.  he has most definetely earned a prominent role on this team...  but as Shoop showed in the other thread on this subject, he does not get us desperately needed yards on first and second downs on a consistent enough basis to constitute an effective running game.

• Content Count:  2,461

If he doesn't have the heart, he shouldn't be on the team.  I don't care how many stars he has or how good he is. We built our program the right way and now is not the time to compromise the integrity of our organization for a couple more yards per carry. If he puts in the effort, he should play... But we're not the ones watching practice every day are we?

• Content Count:  3,403

Nobody gets the starting job based on their name and star rankings.

i don't think anybody wants Mike to get the starting job based on his name and star rankings...  they want him to get the starting job based on his performance on the field last season as a true freshman, in which he led all RBs in rushing yards and TDs, even though he only played in 12 games [missed FAU, i believe] and was second fiddle to Ben.

that said, i'm not a Ben Williams hater.  i love the guy.  he IS talented, and is a far more well-rounded player than Mike.  he has most definetely earned a prominent role on this team...  but as Shoop showed in the other thread on this subject, he does not get us desperately needed yards on first and second downs on a consistent enough basis to constitute an effective running game.

Yeah, I gotta completely agree with this.

Archived