MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

lol whats the point to start the guy who gets 5 carries in the game. Start the guy who is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Ben Williams needs to play but Mike Ford needs to start. Football players shouldnt be giving cmhatter information about how other players are playing like that. They need to worry about themselves instead of feeding someone info for this board. Haha I think so many people just have this feeling inside them that they really dont like this kid. I think they want him to be pushed aside because we do so well with walk-ons. Get over it. Sometimes it takes a cocky player to get things done. I would love to have a couple of these problems with talents this good on our team. I'm sure tons of the top 10 programs have these kids come in and guess what, they start. They get the chance to perform. If the coach wants to prove a point and let him know he isn't ready, throw him out there as the starter and see if he answers the call. I'm guessing he will do pretty good.

All these top recruits are gonna see our 5 star recruit not playing much and not come to usf because of it.  They won't want to come on to a team to fight for a spot with a walk-on with no talent.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,403

Here are some quick stats to support Ben starting. 

Last year we had 991 offensive plays.

212 were QB running plays

386 were passing plays not to a RB

>60% of our plays required a blocking back.  (Don't tell anyone, but our best blocking back is Ben Williams)

Now nobody needs to call Leavitt.  It looks like he already knows this when you look at the depth chart.

So you think Ben Williams is a better blocker than Jacob Sims, our 6th OL?  What about Cedric Hill, the TE?  Seems to me that if you are going to pass you'd want the best blockers on the team, not the best blocker out of the RBs.  If you want a RB out there as a decoy to run, then you'd go with the guy that can run the ball the best, and that's not Ben Williams.

But hey, maybe B-Will is better at blocking than them.  I think he's a good back but I do hope Ford gets more carries this year.  He is our best rusher, even when he's supposedly out of shape half a year last year.

If last year was Mike Ford without knowing a play book, being out of shape, and not trying hard, I'm really looking forward to him this year because he was pretty good last year.

• Content Count:  1,387
  • Days Won:  1

I can not bullieve this is still going!

• Content Count:  509

mike ford isn't lazy, his role model is bj upton.

mike ford doesn't run with the ball, he makes the earth rotate beneath him.

mike ford doesn't believe in sasquatch, mike ford knows sasquatch are real.  because mike ford once killed one with his bare hands and made it into a winter coat!

• Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

usf finshed weak

did you see oregon game

usf's one dimensional offense will let them down again

5 foot 7 williams cant be usf's best blocking back

why doesnt usf recruit a real fullback to block and run

i guess all the experts are wrong about ford's talents

MUMBLER!!!!!!!  Seriously!!!!!  I can't understand a WORD you're saying!!!

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

lol whats the point to start the guy who gets 5 carries in the game. Start the guy who is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Ben Williams needs to play but Mike Ford needs to start. Football players shouldnt be giving cmhatter information about how other players are playing like that. They need to worry about themselves instead of feeding someone info for this board. Haha I think so many people just have this feeling inside them that they really dont like this kid. I think they want him to be pushed aside because we do so well with walk-ons. Get over it. Sometimes it takes a cocky player to get things done. I would love to have a couple of these problems with talents this good on our team. I'm sure tons of the top 10 programs have these kids come in and guess what, they start. They get the chance to perform. If the coach wants to prove a point and let him know he isn't ready, throw him out there as the starter and see if he answers the call. I'm guessing he will do pretty good.

All these top recruits are gonna see our 5 star recruit not playing much and not come to usf because of it.  They won't want to come on to a team to fight for a spot with a walk-on with no talent.

i partially agree with this but i am sorry u are wrong about ford. he is not "great" in practice.

i partially agree with this but i am sorry u are wrong about ford. he is not "great" in practice.

That's right.  I forgot you are there at every practice.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

>60% of our plays required a blocking back.  (Don't tell anyone, but our best blocking back is Ben Williams)

Now nobody needs to call Leavitt.  It looks like he already knows this when you look at the depth chart.

So you think Ben Williams is a better blocker than Jacob Sims, our 6th OL?  What about Cedric Hill, the TE?  Seems to me that if you are going to pass you'd want the best blockers on the team, not the best blocker out of the RBs.  If you want a RB out there as a decoy to run, then you'd go with the guy that can run the ball the best, and that's not Ben Williams.

But hey, maybe B-Will is better at blocking than them.  I think he's a good back but I do hope Ford gets more carries this year.  He is our best rusher, even when he's supposedly out of shape half a year last year.

If last year was Mike Ford without knowing a play book, being out of shape, and not trying hard, I'm really looking forward to him this year because he was pretty good last year.

C'mon, your talking garbage and you know it.  Ben is an good ball carrier and a excellent blocker.  He makes our offense more difficult to defend.  I'm just talking about probability and based on who helps the team the most...Ben's the man. 

Hey, once Ford becomes better at the assignments without the ball, then I am with you all the way, he's an every down guy.  I think we have to go with the coaches until then.

Oh yeah BTW, you can say what you want about recruits not heading our way over stuff like this, but players respect a coach that respects his players.  Senior respect and an expectation and devotion to rewarding hard work will get us further with recruits than some guy with a bunch of stars wanting to come here so he won't have to work.  Good players want to work hard.  I believe Ford is working hard, but he needs to understand the level that is expected, and as soon as he does he will be the man.  We are going to have at ;east two years of nearly 2000 yard seasons out of him in my opinion, just maybe not this year.

C'mon, your talking garbage and you know it.  Ben is an good ball carrier and a excellent blocker.  He makes our offense more difficult to defend.  I'm just talking about probability and based on who helps the team the most...Ben's the man. 

Hey, once Ford becomes better at the assignments without the ball, then I am with you all the way, he's an every down guy.  I think we have to go with the coaches until then.

Oh yeah BTW, you can say what you want about recruits not heading our way over stuff like this, but players respect a coach that respects his players.  Senior respect and an expectation and devotion to rewarding hard work will get us further with recruits than some guy with a bunch of stars wanting to come here so he won't have to work.  Good players want to work hard.  I believe Ford is working hard, but he needs to understand the level that is expected, and as soon as he does he will be the man.  We are going to have at ;east two years of nearly 2000 yard seasons out of him in my opinion, just maybe not this year.

Do you people not understand? 

IT DOESN'T MATTER IF A GUY WORKS HARD, IF HE'S NOT GOOD HE SHOULDN'T PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMON!  So what if some random guy off the streets came in and worked hard at football?  You gonna give him a roster spot?  You gonna start him because he works harder than anyone else?  So what if b williams works hard?  HE IS NOT A GOOD RUNNER!!!!  He can block, wow!  Great!  So let's keep giving him the ball and when he runs 2 yards into a defensive tackle and falls down, we can all say "HE WORKS SO HARD SO IT's OK THAT HE CAN'T MOVE THE CHAINS!"

I can work hard.  Maybe I can be a starting defensive lineman!  I'll run hard every day, lift weights to the max, study the play book, and stay late watching film!  But wait, I work hard so I should start! wooooooooo

• Content Count:  8,177
  • Days Won:  6

That's right.  I forgot you are there at every practice.

I'm quite obviously not at every practice. I share your opinion that the best back should start and i think ford is the best back. the coaches will do what they need to do to win. This could be a one time deal just to teach mike a lesson by not playing him against tenn martin.  Leavitt said so himself on record he was not happy with ford's summer/spring but he looks to be improving. I do agree that ben williams should NOT be our starting tailback. I for one believe it should be ford followed by taylor.

Archived