MIKE FORD!

Singabull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Now they hate Ford?  Singabull you are really taking a stretch.  I know coaches and no one has a beef with Ford other than frustration about his lack of commitment.  No one, and I mean no one on that team want Ford to succeed more than the coaches.  Have you even listened to the public interviews by Franks, and Leavitt who try to give Ford praise, but cut it short by reminding people he's still working on things.  Ask Ford.  He'll tell you, but you've got that friend of a friend of a friend contact. :D :D

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,016

Our primary offensive weapon is Matt Grothe.  Undeniable.

Ben blocks better than any other back.  Undeniable.

Our most productive running play is a quarter back draw.  Undeniable.

The running back is the lead blocker on that play.  Ben should start.  Mike will get more carries, but Ben will be involved in more plays.  The play count dictates that our backs are more often used as blockers on QB running plays or passing plays than ball carriers.  I want our best blocker in there.  I want our best running back to carry the ball.

In summery, let's compromise...Ben can start and Mike will get more carries.

That's a great compromise for most, but singabull wants Ford to play 100% of the snaps and Ben Williams to walk off the team today and say he was sorry for ever playing.  He's also asking that Taylor demote himself to scout team, and Demetrius Murray and Kelly to move to LB so Ford gets 100% of the carries, oh and Matt to stop running the ball and just give the darn ball to Ford. 

We're going to give the ball to Ford 50 times a game now. 

That aside a very astute suggestion, and what is going to actually happen but some don't seem to want to see the forest through the trees.

• Content Count:  529
  • Days Won:  1

Here are some quick stats to support Ben starting. 

Last year we had 991 offensive plays.

212 were QB running plays

386 were passing plays not to a RB

>60% of our plays required a blocking back.  (Don't tell anyone, but our best blocking back is Ben Williams)

Now nobody needs to call Leavitt.  It looks like he already knows this when you look at the depth chart.

• Content Count:  2,478

Plain and simple,

Mike Ford for the win.

• Content Count:  1,894

lol whats the point to start the guy who gets 5 carries in the game. Start the guy who is going to be a force to be reckoned with. Ben Williams needs to play but Mike Ford needs to start. Football players shouldnt be giving cmhatter information about how other players are playing like that. They need to worry about themselves instead of feeding someone info for this board. Haha I think so many people just have this feeling inside them that they really dont like this kid. I think they want him to be pushed aside because we do so well with walk-ons. Get over it. Sometimes it takes a cocky player to get things done. I would love to have a couple of these problems with talents this good on our team. I'm sure tons of the top 10 programs have these kids come in and guess what, they start. They get the chance to perform. If the coach wants to prove a point and let him know he isn't ready, throw him out there as the starter and see if he answers the call. I'm guessing he will do pretty good.

• Content Count:  66,123
  • Days Won:  172

Here are some quick stats to support Ben starting. 

Last year we had 991 offensive plays.

212 were QB running plays

386 were passing plays not to a RB

>60% of our plays required a blocking back.  (Don't tell anyone, but our best blocking back is Ben Williams)

Now nobody needs to call Leavitt.  It looks like he already knows this when you look at the depth chart.

usf finshed weak

did you see oregon game

usf's one dimensional offense will let them down again

5 foot 7 williams cant be usf's best blocking back

why doesnt usf recruit a real fullback to block and run

i guess all the experts are wrong about ford's talents

• Content Count:  22,621
  • Days Won:  52

I can only hope this is part of some master plan to hide Ford until the Kansas game.

• Content Count:  873

Leavitt has a personal beef with ford.

Wow ..... This makes some of your Rays stuff look Einstein-like.

Leavitt's not going to play the players in situations that gives us the best chance to win because he has a personal "beef" with a player..... just wow.

the coaches... have a problem with ford... that is not a joke that is REALITY.

A problem is not the same as a "personal beef". Personal beef implies that it's not football or school related, which is stupid beyond words to think.

they personally believe he is lazy

That's not a personal beef, that's a football beef....

regardless of what kind of "beef" it is i think its a problem. He has the additute "I know im the best and the coaches need me to win games so they will put me in".

don't get me wrong i love mike ford... i have one under armor USF jersey and thats a white #26... I'm just letting everyone know what is actually happening at camp/practice.

Are you a coach on the team that gets to see him in practice?  All this crap about "he doesn't try hard,"  WHERE IS THE PROOF?  These are rumors going around based on heresay.  He needs to work on blocking.  So what.  Line him up in a single back set and run it through the defense!

call it heresay if u'd like, i know players on the team and they tell me cuz i always ask about ford.

Ok well I know one of our offensive lineman.  I asked him about ford too and he said that he is great in practice.

The running back is the lead blocker on that play.  Ben should start.  Mike will get more carries, but Ben will be involved in more plays.  The play count dictates that our backs are more often used as blockers on QB running plays or passing plays than ball carriers.  I want our best blocker in there.  I want our best running back to carry the ball.

That's fine if he's in to block but handing him the ball and asking him to run is wasting a down.  He runs a couple of yards, gets tapped on the side and falls straight down, useless.

That's a great compromise for most, but singabull wants Ford to play 100% of the snaps and Ben Williams to walk off the team today and say he was sorry for ever playing.  He's also asking that Taylor demote himself to scout team, and Demetrius Murray and Kelly to move to LB so Ford gets 100% of the carries, oh and Matt to stop running the ball and just give the darn ball to Ford. 

We're going to give the ball to Ford 50 times a game now. 

That aside a very astute suggestion, and what is going to actually happen but some don't seem to want to see the forest through the trees.

Nope.  Now you're putting words in my mouth.  Taylor is a good change of pace (and better than ben).  I don;t expect him to get every carry but he's good enough that he should get most. 

Archived