Be-Respect-A-Bull

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

The other team is more than likely going to leave town with a loss. Why pile on?  ;D

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

If I am reading the statement right, then we are no longer allowed to even boo the opposing team. Do we want to have a home field advantage. or do we want to play at a nuetral site every "home" game. For those of you that continually praise the Auburn fans must've either not seen or forgot that their "stellar" fans were throweing things at our players after the game. Do you guys think that the Swamp is a hard place to play because their fans are courteous, NO, it's because they are loid and brutal upon the opposing team. NO onw should ever get in the face of other fans, but to "be respectabull" to the opposing team is ridiculous. I am going to continue to boo when the opposing team enters the field. Sorry, but I want to make Ray Jay an absolutle house of horrors for opposing teams.

it is quite possible that you can cheer, yell, scream your lungs off during the games and still be respectable.... win with dignity lose with class.

• Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Okay, I have to chime in on this one.

Ban Alcohol?  Stupid idea because it won't do anything.  People will binge drink for 7 hours before, and then sneak stuff into the game.  Have you ever been to UF for a game (a dry stadium)?  Go to the bathroom there and about 100 miniature liquor bottles will line each stall.  Most people also bring in flasks.  Come on, people drink at games so get over it.

As for being an A Hole.  There are numerous A Hole USF fans, I have seen some of them and am embarassed for them.  I suspect it has more to do with the person and their upbringing, rather than anything a new slogan or campaign will deal with.  These idiots will be idiots no matter what. And from what some have posted on this topic, they are amongst us.  You know who you are, if not have your mom read your posts on this topic and she can tell you if you are out of line...  She is probably a better judge of character.

Regarding cheering for our team, and even adding some flavor to heckling the opposing team, I am okay with it within reason.  No throwing things at fans or players.  It is 2nd gradeish...  Grow up.  Heckling a kicker with a chant like "kick it in the net" when he is warming up, is just plain funny.  I am okay with that kind of stuff.

Now getting to fan on fan confrontation.  That is effin childish, and makes me angry.  I will go out of my way to be nice to opposing fans this year (as in past years) but also to shut down unruly USF fans.  There is no need for our fans to attach (verbally, physically, or otherwise) opposing fans at our stadium.  We should be able to go to the game and have fun.  Last year, I went to teh Bucs/Saints game in New Orleans.  The fans there were passionate about their team, and a few heckled us (in good fun) but after we won, the common response was "great game, I hope you enjoy your stay in New Orleans, thanks for coming".  That will leave a lasting impression on me, as it occured not from a few NO fans, but from literally 50 - 60.  I think they would have been just as cordial if we had lost..... 

I believe 98% of our fans are great.  All it takes is 2% to get a bad reputation.  This is not an NFL game, but college, and people should act accordingly.

• Content Count:  271
  • Days Won:  1

We can strive to have the reputation that Auburn fans have.  Or we could strive to be seen as UCF fans are seen.  It's our choice.  I say buy a beer for a visiting fan and welcome them.  The battle is supposed to be fought on the field, not by some drunk wannabes who were never good enough to be on the field in the first place.  They are probably compensating for some anatomical inadequacy....

Well said...

• Content Count:  9,833
  • Days Won:  9

Everyone be Respect-a-Bull.  If you see a USF fan acting badly, go up to them and explain the campaign.  I'm sure most will then see the light. 

• Content Count:  203
  • Days Won:  0

eat...drink...and be merry!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  76,265
  • Days Won:  438

think how everyone who went to the Auburn game still talk about what a great trip that was..

look, i had a great time at Auburn like the rest of u, but i've had about enough of this bull**** mythology that Auburn fans were all classy and "respectable."

for the most part, YES, the average Auburn fans were good, decent people... but they did have their share of ******** and idiots, and i encountered quite a few of them, especially considering i bought tickets on eBay and sat in the Auburn section for the first quarter and a half of the game...

when Delbert came on the field to kick his first field goal, one of the fans behind me commented "oh ****, they have a Black kicker!"  they spilled drinks on me and my girlfriend, and stood on our seats during the game.  one of them even shouted random vulgarities that were completely unrelated to the game, including the most egregious: "f**k n*ggers!!!"

after the game, as we were trekking through campus and the surrounding areas to meet up with the local kid that drove his father's beat up Buick that served as the local Opelika cab service, some fans on the balcony of their apartment screamed "f***ing c*cksuckers!" at us, and a wannabe thug at a convenience store yelled "yall better get the f*ck out of here real quick!"

so give me a break with this crap about how great everybody else's fan base is and how bad we are.

even Auburn has its share of ********, just like we do... but just like our fanbase, the majority of fans are good, decent and respectful people.

i mean, its hilarious that we have threads about people not even being able to STAND UP in the seats during games, but at the same time we have other people acting like we're the most unruly and disrespectful crowd in the NCAA.  LOL.  it can't be both ways.

Just to clarify... because some Auburn knuckleheads were like that, we should be too because it's "not bingo"?

Why all the hate for bingo??

Archived