Be-Respect-A-Bull

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

this would be easier if all the dildo visiting fans were concentrated in one section.  Instead they are seated throughout.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

As long as you have your season tix, who cares?  Season tix and single game tix will be bought regardless.  Stop with the in-fighting already.

I would bet that most of the trouble makers are not season ticket holders. I am pretty sure that USF and the TSA could revoke your season tickets if they find out that you (or whoever is using your tickets) were causing trouble on a regular bases.

• Content Count:  573

As long as you have your season tix, who cares?  Season tix and single game tix will be bought regardless.  Stop with the in-fighting already.

I would bet that most of the trouble makers are not season ticket holders. I am pretty sure that USF and the TSA could revoke your season tickets if they find out that you (or whoever is using your tickets) were causing trouble on a regular bases.

LOL I didn't mean to post that on this tread.  I have no idea how it happened  :-[.  It was meant for the 27k season tix thread.  Its there now

• Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  2

think how everyone who went to the Auburn game still talk about what a great trip that was..

look, i had a great time at Auburn like the rest of u, but i've had about enough of this bull**** mythology that Auburn fans were all classy and "respectable."

for the most part, YES, the average Auburn fans were good, decent people... but they did have their share of ******** and idiots, and i encountered quite a few of them, especially considering i bought tickets on eBay and sat in the Auburn section for the first quarter and a half of the game...

when Delbert came on the field to kick his first field goal, one of the fans behind me commented "oh ****, they have a Black kicker!"  they spilled drinks on me and my girlfriend, and stood on our seats during the game.  one of them even shouted random vulgarities that were completely unrelated to the game, including the most egregious: "f**k n*ggers!!!"

after the game, as we were trekking through campus and the surrounding areas to meet up with the local kid that drove his father's beat up Buick that served as the local Opelika cab service, some fans on the balcony of their apartment screamed "f***ing c*cksuckers!" at us, and a wannabe thug at a convenience store yelled "yall better get the f*ck out of here real quick!"

so give me a break with this crap about how great everybody else's fan base is and how bad we are.

even Auburn has its share of ********, just like we do... but just like our fanbase, the majority of fans are good, decent and respectful people.

i mean, its hilarious that we have threads about people not even being able to STAND UP in the seats during games, but at the same time we have other people acting like we're the most unruly and disrespectful crowd in the NCAA.  LOL.  it can't be both ways.

I kind of understand where you are coming from.  My section that I have been sitting in since the move had at times the last few years been taken over by the opposing fans.  When they are cheering for their team or simply watching the game, I have nothing to say and treat them like I would our own fans.  When they start acting like asses, I make sure that my presence is known.

• Content Count:  12,293

i think a lot of people on here already covered it but there is a difference between being loud and being an ass.  you can be one without being the other. 

no one wants fans to be "overly" nice but you dont want people to think 'man im gonna make my road trip game to somewhere else each year so i dont have to deal with their fans'

we arent the worst and quit with the auburn butt wiping.  they have ******* fans just like everyone else.  but the thing about it is...they also have classy fans and even if you run into 3 or 4 ******** (like bully did)  you might also run into 10 or 15 good fans.

the problem is when the only interaction that a visiting fan has if from an *******.  cause right now those are the only people interacting with vistors.  but vistors play a huge role in college football (maybe not so much in tampa because we are a major city and dont have an OCS) but in towns like Auburn....you bet your ass they will be nice because their economy DEPENDS on fans coming there to watch football.  so there is a big difference.

but at the end of the day...just treat people with respect until they give you a reason to treat them differently.  root for the bulls.  boo the opposing team but you dont need to yell curse words or throw things.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  6,993
  • Days Won:  4

How can ti be...on threads like this...everyone chimes in with how NOT to behave.

But I never see anyone post to the effect of "hey, I'm the guy who threw the bottle,

and here's why I did it" or "I'm the guy who gets puke drunk, splashes in my cup, and

wants to fight anyone and everyone"?

I would think that surely, some of those people must be on this board?  :-*

I've been going to these games since day one, and my fair share of road games

as well. Truthfully...the Miami fans (I'm betting they're not alumni) were the only

ones worthy of a negative comment, but I swear, I can go season after season

and never have any interaction with opposing fans. Y'all are probably a bit more

sociable than I am.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,639
  • Days Won:  13

but vistors play a huge role in college football (maybe not so much in tampa because we are a major city and dont have an OCS) but in towns like Auburn....you bet your ass they will be nice because their economy DEPENDS on fans coming there to watch football.  so there is a big

give me a break

• Content Count:  919

Just don't be a d**k.

• Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  2

I never see anyone post to the effect of "hey, I'm the guy who threw the bottle,

and here's why I did it"

i admitted to throwing my drink on the field after the Cinci game.  i have no problem owning up to my drunken stupidity.

• Content Count:  1,158

Hey everyone:

Good dialogue.  Let me share a story that I think wraps up what we are trying to accomplish.

When my wife and I both worked at the University of Maine, we made the then I-AA playoffs and went on the road deep into the heart of Louisiana to McNeese State.  We had heard about their tailgating so we walked through the lots with our cheerleaders, many of whom had never experienced anything quite like it.  As we walk through the lot, almost every single one of their fans welcomed us and wished us good luck.  Several of them offered us up some of the local dishes (my first and only experience with crawfish).  As we talked to them the them was common.  Before the game and after the game stop by have a beverage or a bite to eat, once the game starts its on.

During the game they were extremely loud.  But not once did one of their fans get in our fans faces, taunt us personally, or throw things at us.  They didn't swear at us, point and hurl insults at us etc.  You can be loud and cheer for your team without being insulting to the opponent.

I love to share that experience as it truly was one of my best in my career.  Besides, Maine beat them to advance  in the playoffs.  So that's what we are trying to accomplish.  I hope that helps and I hope we can give visiting teams and fans a similar type experience.

Eric

Archived