Be-Respect-A-Bull

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

In reading all of the posts, I have seen that none of us want to be in your face type of fans and I agree with that. And just because other schools have those type of fans does not make it right. I agree with Grateful Dad, heck I even got in the face of some "students" at least they were that age group after the WVU game. They were yelling "Who the "F" is West Virginia" over and over again. This guy in his 50's joined me in trying to calm them down. There is never a need to vulgarity towards anyone. I guess what is boils down to is "Be Loud, but be Proud" don't say anything that you wouldn't say to your mother.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  12,627
  • Days Won:  25

If you have to explain respect, you're probably wasting your time.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  20

It just torques me when some drunk acne-faced self-proclaimed world's toughest man curses up a storm when there are children around.  But I was brought up differently than many of these kids.

That's the problem. When you take an already immature person (ripe with the freedom that comes with leaving home) and fuel them with alcohol, you're going to have this problem. I've seen first hand that the student section has it's share of bad kids and it's share of good kids. I wouldn't say it's only a handful that acts out, it's actually a pretty good number, but is on par with most of the NCAA. Not sure how the rest of the stadium acts, I haven't sat in a non-student section since about 03 or 04, but that changes this year. Anyways, I don't care what athletics says; no logo, no tagline, no campaign is going to get a**holes to stop being a**holes.

• Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  20

if you really what to see a change than outlaw selling and use of booze at events

it is the drunks that cause most of problems

True that the drunks cause a lot of the problems. Some people are inherently a**holes though; alcohol only compunds the problem. Stopping the sale of alcohol wouldn't really accomplish that much. You'd have to step up police presence to ensure no alcohol at tailgates. You'd have to search people for hidden booze before the game too. Not happening. People would drink before hand anyways. So they might sober up at halftime, you've still got a**holes for half the game.

I think people should walk around with cameras, hidden or otherwise, catch some of the profanity and outlandish behaviour, record it, and display it on the stadium screens prior/during future games or posted on the website. Faces could be blurred and profanity bleeped. When people see their own behavior, it might make them more concious of it (assuming they have any shame). Nobody wants to be on the big screen like that. Just a thought though, probably violates privacy laws anyways. Alternately, you could do a kiss-cam/fan of the game type thing and have the "A**hole of the Game" with some sort of a prize like a swift kick in the a** from CJL.

if you really what to see a change than outlaw selling and use of booze at events

it is the drunks that cause most of problems

True that the drunks cause a lot of the problems. Some people are inherently a**holes though; alcohol only compunds the problem. Stopping the sale of alcohol wouldn't really accomplish that much. You'd have to step up police presence to ensure no alcohol at tailgates. You'd have to search people for hidden booze before the game too. Not happening. People would drink before hand anyways. So they might sober up at halftime, you've still got a**holes for half the game.

I think people should walk around with cameras, hidden or otherwise, catch some of the profanity and outlandish behaviour, record it, and display it on the stadium screens prior/during future games or posted on the website. Faces could be blurred and profanity bleeped. When people see their own behavior, it might make them more concious of it (assuming they have any shame). Nobody wants to be on the big screen like that. Just a thought though, probably violates privacy laws anyways. Alternately, you could do a kiss-cam/fan of the game type thing and have the "A**hole of the Game" with some sort of a prize like a swift kick in the a** from CJL.

I like this idea... no need to blur faces, but you would have to censor the profanity.  This also would not violate privacy laws, as there is no expectation of privacy when you attend a public event in a public place.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,606
  • Days Won:  10

Recording (sound) someone without their knowledge is a third degree felony in this state.  However, these people would just be proud of the publicity anyway.  It they had shame, they wouldn't act that way in the first place.

I say hand them a football.  Then tell George Selvie that it is Pat White.  That should do it!

• Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Recording (sound) someone without their knowledge is a third degree felony in this state.  However, these people would just be proud of the publicity anyway.  It they had shame, they wouldn't act that way in the first place.

I say hand them a football.  Then tell George Selvie that it is Pat White.  That should do it!

I am not trying to hi-jack this post, but , I have to ask. I am not a lawyer nore do I play one on TV. I thought that if you are in public you lose pretty much most of your right to privcay.

Of course if they just make a new law called justifiable smack down, we could "handle" people ourselves.  ;D

I am not trying to hi-jack this post, but , I have to ask. I am not a lawyer nore do I play one on TV. I thought that if you are in public you lose pretty much most of your right to privcay.

Of course if they just make a new law called justifiable smack down, we could "handle" people ourselves.  ;D

You are correct. It's not a felony when they are out in public -- bear in mind you are recorded in a lot of places (gas stations, super markets, etc - surveillance cameras are everywhere, and that is not a felony.)  It's only private conversations, such as over the telephone, that are illegal to record without consent.

But I like the "justifiable smack down" idea.  >:D

• Content Count:  3,035
  • Days Won:  5

I plan on shouting for my team and booing their opponents vigorously. This is our home turf. However, I had to jump on a guy last year who was about to throw a beer bottle (plastic) from the 300 level onto the visitor's section. That kind of behavior is cowardly and unacceptable.

• Content Count:  573
  • Days Won:  0

As long as you have your season tix, who cares?  Season tix and single game tix will be bought regardless.  Stop with the in-fighting already.

Archived