• Velcro

• beastiebull

• BullDoug

• Sitting_BULL

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5
  • Days Won:  0

I'm glad to see most of you disagree with this policy.  I don't think your school is very well represented by this tradition.  Your only going to anger the opponent and give him extra motivation next year when you play.  

The grass surface at ACS does look a little rough this year, and I have heard it was due to our head coach conducting several practices on that field instead of the usual practice field--don't know for sure.  Anyway, I went down and walked on it during "Meet the Frogs Day", and it is still one of the best (if not the best) playing surface in America.  Any visiting team should consider it a privledge to play on--not go over and tear it up at the end of the game.  

http://www.killerfrogs.com/forums2/index.php?s=7548f6e016e8a2e6ed208c9bb21e4f96&act=ST&f=4&t=29451&st=0&#entry227278

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5

Maybe the field was in better shape last year at ACS.  They seemed to have changed the grass.  This pic was taken in July/2003

original.jpg  

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  226

What would be cool is to take one piece of living sod and plant it back at USF.  If the team wants it back they will need to come to RJS and beat us.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Endzone, here's the thing that killed me. I took this picture 30 minutes before the game:

warmuphuddle.jpg

It looks like they already played the whole game on it. Then about five or ten minutes after the game, out came the mowers. They started running along the goal line in the north end zone and it was like the football equivalent of the Zamboni. The field instantly looked smooth and perfect, like in your picture from last year. Obviously it didn't work, but I'm pretty sure the only reason TCU didn't groom the field before the game is because they thought it would play into their hands to have a crummy track since their running game is better than ours.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Our players were slipping down the entire game!  Pat J. going down on that bootleg may have had something to do with that garbage turf.  Don't try to tell me that that's the best turf in the country.