Where to complain about TV coverage...

Jim Johnson

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

The problem was that the allotted satellite time had expired for the game since it went on longer than anticipated. So, they tried to make arrangements to use a different satellite feed, but something went wrong with the new coordinates that they used and it didn't switch over properly. By the time they got it right the game had ended.

Howie, who is "they"?

Never mind, I should read ALL the threads before asking questions ...........   ;)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

The problem was that the allotted satellite time had expired for the game since it went on longer than anticipated. So, they tried to make arrangements to use a different satellite feed, but something went wrong with the new coordinates that they used and it didn't switch over properly. By the time they got it right the game had ended.

This is what I was talking about and I wouldn't call this a "technical" problem but a lack of being prepared. TipleB, I was actually not ******** about 28 but about the source that was feeding 28 the game which was ESPN. As someone else mentioned, do you think this would have happened to Miami or UF?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

This is what I was talking about and I wouldn't call this a "technical" problem but a lack of being prepared. TipleB, I was actually not ******** about 28 but about the source that was feeding 28 the game which was ESPN. As someone else mentioned, do you think this would have happened to Miami or UF?

I guess what I was responding to was the comment from the TCU board that ESPN "cut out" to go to another program. I thought that intimated a conscious decision to cut away and I just didn't think that made any sense. It looks to me like it was more a technical problem than a conspiracy by ESPN, though. They had a back-up plan that fell through and then the back-back-up plan didn't get put into place in time ............ and yes, under those circumstances, it could have happened to UF, UM or FSU or anybody else on that same ESPN  package we were on. Somebody else said it happened to Clemson/Wake earlier this year.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

we won!